Have It All Sale

PatLuv

I received an email from my HAL TA a couple of days ago,and didn't want to say anything because it wasn't on the website yet,but it just appeared. Booked for late summer on the new ship Ryndam.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/have-it-all-sale.html?ICID=HECIZ040320938

Looks to me that HAL is trying to use this "all inclusive" approach to sailing.  Since they have issued alot of FCC credits to be used in 2020 and 2021, this makes alot of sense to me - people are less price sensitive to "free money" that they have.

I had already booked a March 2021 Sea of Cortez 12 day that I cancelled this year due to the crisis. I was now able to have it re-fared with all the incentives added. It was a great deal but I will pay attention to even better ones that I expect will be offered when it becomes time to entice passengers to return to cruising.

I've been looking over the Have it all sale.  So, for the same price, I can get a "non-refundable" deposit Vs. a refundable deposit (cruise prices are the same).  The only difference seems to be this, which is offered with the "non refundable option".  Any one know what this could be?   "Receive additional savings"...... Save Now, Cruise Later. Receive additional savings with this restricted fare, plus:

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

I've been looking over the Have it all sale.  So, for the same price, I can get a "non-refundable" deposit Vs. a refundable deposit (cruise prices are the same).  The only difference seems to be this, which is offered with the "non refundable option".  Any one know what this could be?   "Receive additional savings"...... Save Now, Cruise Later. Receive additional savings with this restricted fare, plus:

I think the easiest way to see the details is to start a test booking on the Big Box site. When you get to the point of selecting your cabin it will display the details of the promotion.

After our original booking we had added that promotion for the June Alaska cruise that we ended up canceling. It included the drinks package for two, gratuities, a couple hundred dollars of OBC, and the fare was $600 lower. That was for a Neptune Suite 

I'm looking at a trans-atlantic for next April with this deal... what I want to know is how does the refundable deposit work? We've only ever booked within the last 90 days before and knew nothing would halt our cruises at those times. So I am not fully sure how the process works when you are a year out. Is it fully refundable until the final payment is due (dummy booking showed that to be Jan 2021) and if so, are there restrictions as to why one might be allowed to cancel? Very much hoping HAL pulls through this craziness, I love cruising!

We rebooked our 2021 Asia B2B today. Got HSC and the Dining Package added and saved about $1000 off the fare too. Now the big question will be if we even decide to go. But that decision does have to be made until sometime in November when final payment is due. 

I must be missing something.  We've been interested in a South America + Antarctica cruise for a while, and if we were to book under the"Have It All" fare, the final payment would be due next week on April 8.  The fares appeared higher than my last check pre-coronavirus, and the "savings" were about equal to the cost of Platinum Plan insurance that would allow reimbursement should we cancel after April 8.

We won't know any more next week than we do today about Covid-19 and whether we'd wish to cancel.  So the "Have It All" consisted of free WiFi, gratuities and a drink package; no OBC unless we book a suite.  I was looking at a verandah.

Most of my cruises have been on chartered theme cruises whose booking processes are much different, so I probably am just too ignorant to understand this.

Will the Ryndam  still launch on time? With every thing going on in Italy are they still working in the dry docks? If they're not working will that not put them way behind their proposed launch date?

2 hours ago, ski ww said:

Will the Ryndam  still launch on time? With every thing going on in Italy are they still working in the dry docks? If they're not working will that not put them way behind their proposed launch date?

Only 'essential services' are operating across Europe and Italy has been badly hit, specially the northern industrialist areas.

Building will resume when the lockdown ends and Ryndam will continue to be built.  I would guess that she will be 2/3 months late.  Even if Fincantieri would work double shifts, the supply chain will need to get back up to speed.  Also, I don't imagine that HAL would be pushing for completion too soon until bookings for all ships start to fill.

3 hours ago, ski ww said:

With all the deaths in Italy, it's reasonable to assume that at least some of them were shipyard builders who can't easily be replaced. Add in the two things VMax pointed out, and there is likely to be a significant delay. 

21 hours ago, BSR said:

I rebooked my reservation with this offer and the price of the cabin also went down.

Our balcony B to B which I booked with the Have it All promotion a few weeks ago  also dropped around 400 bucks.

Was surprised to get through to the big box store agents so quickly.

3 hours ago, chisoxfan said:

Our balcony B to B which I booked with the Have it All promotion a few weeks ago  also dropped around 400 bucks.

Was surprised to get through to the big box store agents so quickly.

I also booked with the big box and got through right away.

55 minutes ago, albingirl said:

I love booking while they have these great sales, but unfortunately, I think I'll hold off.  It's just such a wonderful package, though.  I'll wait for the vaccination, whenever that will be.

Certainly reasonable but not much risk booking now. Our deposit on CC was under 10% of final cruise price. I am hopeful that by mid October when our balance is due that there will be clear cut direction on where we stand . As noted in other posts, much debate on how the CV will affect cruise popularity but for 'veteran' cruisers (as typically post here) I don't think it will be much of a factor. Also I am thinking in 2021 there will be a surge of people wanting to use their FCC's from this year with a push to use them sooner rather than later.

Healthy Cruising.

10 hours ago, sambamama said:

I found that as a single, the sale only increased the prices of my cruises and did not give me much of value in return. I am doing much, much better with what I presently have booked. 

Same here, from another solo cruiser.