What to do if no more cruising??

AndyMichelle

40 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Are you coming Les? 

Kalos has sorted us accommodation in Hull, we just have to wait for Brian to come back from Italy to fix the leak... 

Andy 

Of course I’m coming! I’ll bring my brolly in case Brian doesn’t fix the leak in time. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

In truth Pete, I wouldn't wish Malcolm on anybody... Horrible man.. 

Andy 

Well Malcolm certainly isn't on this forum or you'd have known about it by now. Unless he's so perfect he can't believe you're referring to him😆.

Avril 

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Well Malcolm certainly isn't on this forum or you'd have known about it by now. Unless he's so perfect he can't believe you're referring to him😆.

Avril 

After I posted, I did think maybe I should have changed the name, but no, it is Malcolm. 

As Wowzz said earlier, every loud mouth has now become a ' Malcolm'.. 

What was sad was that his poor wife was totally embarrassed by him but still couldn't stop him... 

Andy 

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I remember flying on Dan Air(dare) years ago.

I also remember a Spanair MD80 with the 2 engines at the back.We were next to 1 engine that kept misfiring.🙈😵

I also remember Dan (D)air.

My first flight was  from Manchester to Belfast for work in 1972.  When we disembarked I was shocked to see soldiers with guns guarding the plane, until then I hadn't realised how serious the troubles were in NI.  As I worked passed the soldiers I heard someone say "Hey up Josy" I looked round and my brother-in-law's best friend was one of the soldiers guarding the plane ( small world).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I think we would go back to our driving holidays.  Driving to South of France or Spain.  We always did that and it's pretty easy and very enjoyable.  that's when Europe opens of course!

But you'll need travel insurance for that Jean...

1 hour ago, Tommart said:

Holidays in Cornwall and Northumberland again - yippee!

I know Cornwall fairly well, but have always wanted to explore 'Vera' country. 

Might be the time to buy that camper van I've always wanted.. 

Andy 

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I know Cornwall fairly well, but have always wanted to explore 'Vera' country. 

Might be the time to buy that camper van I've always wanted.. 

Andy 

Doesn't kalos have a caravan you could borrow? I know it's supposed to be a static but you could hire a small car transporter. The AA do a nice one. Might be cheap too being as the roads are empty.😆

Avril 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Doesn't kalos have a caravan you could borrow? I know it's supposed to be a static but you could hire a small car transporter. The AA do a nice one. Might be cheap too being as the roads are empty.😆

Avril 

Michelle wants a big RV like the one Bradley Walsh had on the road trip with his son... 

Would be fun trying to park that... 

Andy 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Michelle wants a big RV like the one Bradley Walsh had on the road trip with his son... 

Would be fun trying to park that... 

Andy 

It would certainly be a challenge on UK roads and car parks, unless you can park it in bus bays.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It would certainly be a challenge on UK roads and car parks, unless you can park it in bus bays.

Friends of ours had a Winnebago with a "slide out" lounge. They used it at various race tracks when their son was competing.  A pig to use on UK roads, and about 12 miles to the gallon! They had it for a year,  used it half a dozen times, and got rid if it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Friends of ours had a Winnebago with a "slide out" lounge. They used it at various race tracks when their son was competing.  A pig to use on UK roads, and about 12 miles to the gallon! They had it for a year,  used it half a dozen times, and got rid if it!

We also like quiant little villages, I ain't getting my Winnebago through them streets..... 😊

Andy 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We also like quiant little villages, I ain't getting my Winnebago through them streets..... 😊

Andy 

We once stayed at Hayle in Cornwall Beautiful beaches down there and I had 

rented a ford Tourneo van which was about a month old at the time.

One day we drove into St Ives with the van and made the mistake of driving through a back street .

We came to a curve in the road and we had the wing mirrors folded inwards and got through  with an 

odd inch if that from the walls to spare. Next day it was parked up at St Erth and we got the train into St Ives.

Good luck anyone with a Campervan or  Winnebago through them streets. You would need it .:classic_unsure:

• Like 1