What to do if no more cruising??

AndyMichelle

12 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Indeed! We went there a couple of years before our first cruise and weren’t that bothered we didn’t dock as we’d been all over the island. However we’ve now been on two more cruises that have missed Guernsey so may be nice to go back, we did stay in a very nice hotel! 

In our earlier years my new wife got used to me dragging her down to Cornwall for my diving club holidays. As age crept up on us that stopped.A couple of years ago we had a spare week and I said why not go down to Cornwall, we had some nice holidays there. On the way home my DW nodded off and I thought , that was a nice break. Caravan £600, 2 tanks of fuel, about £100, meals out about £50 a day. Hang on, that's about a Grand. Next time I said, how about a week all inclusive in the Canaries. Right now we dream of a week in a caravan somewhere. Anywhere will do.

Edited by zap99
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moonstone01 said:

and as for self isolation, once i am in a bunker it will take me 7 days to get out

My Granddad was stuck in one for three years  off the coast of Skegness.

Two year after the war was over he surrendered  himself to a Butlin's Redcoat 

as he had run out of loo rolls (even in them days)  :classic_huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Kalos

The Bailiffs are outside with an eviction order, something about unpaid refunds!

😎

Little chance of them taking the caravan as part payment. Not worth the effort.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

ERRRR  Ah well Seeing I was only letting it out to the P&O cruisers and I'm far too busy for things of that nature .

I have sub contracted the refund work out to the receptionists on the Azura .

So next time your onboard    you can apply in person by showing your booking form, 

Where  you will get a refund  in 12 weeks or was it months possibly years but you will 

get it   ... Honest ! :classic_unsure::classic_unsure::classic_unsure:

PS The Bailiffs have booked a week   :classic_wink:

Happy with that. 

Any time when your not to busy.

As long as your not employing the spider system!

Loose a few legs to maintain the main body!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hopefully most members on here will have family or friends living either on the coast or near the coast on that basis it could well be sunny southport for us this year as personally cant see any cruising for anybody this year stay safe everybody

• Like 2

We are fortunate enough to live in Lytham St Annes, it’s about a ten minute walk to the coast. I suspect we might have quite a few visitors later this year. 
As we won’t be cruising this year just debating whether buying a hot tub would be a good idea 

Michelle 

14 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

We are fortunate enough to live in Lytham St Annes, it’s about a ten minute walk to the coast. I suspect we might have quite a few visitors later this year. 
As we won’t be cruising this year just debating whether buying a hot tub would be a good idea 

Michelle 

Look out for my Winnebago towing Kalos caravan heading for your hot tub...😊 

Andy 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Look out for my Winnebago towing Kalos caravan heading for your hot tub...😊 

Andy 

Can’t quite get my head around this. Are you seriously suggesting becoming a moving roadblock from Southampton up to Hull and then towing a classic caravan across the North to Lytham? How many weeks are you allowing for this? Do you want me to follow in my car to pick up the bits that drop off?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Can’t quite get my head around this. Are you seriously suggesting becoming a moving roadblock from Southampton up to Hull and then towing a classic caravan across the North to Lytham? How many weeks are you allowing for this? Do you want me to follow in my car to pick up the bits that drop off?

Well I can't go cruising and bore everyone on board with my 4 jokes and tales of previous cruises, so I might as well annoy every motorist on the M62 by taking up 3 lanes while towing a Kalos classic... 

I'm in no rush... 

Andy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philred said:

hopefully most members on here will have family or friends living either on the coast or near the coast on that basis it could well be sunny southport for us this year as personally cant see any cruising for anybody this year stay safe everybody

We live in one of the furthest places away from the sea Chesterfield in Derbyshire but I would love to be able to visit Southport at the moment to see my Mum and sister.Although I would really miss cruising and foreign holidays it has made me realise that there are many places in England Scotland and Wales that I haven t previously visited.Must start making a list.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We live in one of the furthest places away from the sea Chesterfield in Derbyshire but I would love to be able to visit Southport at the moment to see my Mum and sister.Although I would really miss cruising and foreign holidays it has made me realise that there are many places in England Scotland and Wales that I haven t previously visited.Must start making a list.

Our economy will need us all to holiday at home and spend our holiday money in the UK. There are so many lovely places to visit in the Uk, perhaps this is the time we should try to visit them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Our economy will need us all to holiday at home and spend our holiday money in the UK. There are so many lovely places to visit in the Uk, perhaps this is the time we should try to visit them.

The travel agents won't like that :classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I agree.There is still so much of Scotland I would love the chance to explore.We visited the Outer Hebrides last October- stunningly beautiful.Before we started cruising I had only visited Edinburgh but we did a cruise around Scotland and since then have visited other parts by car, coach and train.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Some people book coach or rail holidays around the UK using travel agents.

And some of us jump in our cars and can be at the coast in less than a hour ....:classic_unsure:

I  was joking Ann :classic_smile:

Some of the Small Travel agents who book overseas holidays ,will be very worried .:classic_mellow:

Edited by kalos

11 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I agree, but some places in the UK that rely on UK holiday makers will need to do a bit of bridge building to reattract the grockles.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

The word of the day "grockles."  I wonder how many others will be Googling the word ? :classic_happy::classic_smile:

Long time since I heard that word!

The other term I like is 'UFLs" - Up from London, applied to second home owners in the SW.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

When our TA on Azura was cancelled we went to the Lake District for 2 nights for Pauline's birthday.

A nice hotel cost us £500 DBB for the 2 night's.

We might travel to Wales and also Scotland as there are lots of nice places to see in the UK.

Prayers everyone for Boris Johnson and his family who is in ICU with coronavirus.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I agree, but some places in the UK that rely on UK holiday makers will need to do a bit of bridge building to reattract the grockles.

Yes I saw some of the signs saying outsiders were not welcome on the news.

Holiday areas need trade and people who can’t get insurance or don’t want to travel far need places to go so it will sort itself out.

I knew the word but only because I had  heard it on TV, Doc Martin I think.😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

When our TA on Azura was cancelled we went to the Lake District for 2 nights for Pauline's birthday.

A nice hotel cost us £500 DBB for the 2 night's.

We might travel to Wales and also Scotland as there are lots of nice places to see in the UK.

Prayers everyone for Boris Johnson and his family who is in ICU with coronavirus.

Indeed prayers for Boris and for everyone who has this horrible virus. I don’t like the mans politics but I fervently hope he fully recovers soon.

Perhaps the fact that someone so high profile and relatively young is so ill will make some of the idiots pay more attention to the rules.

Yes the Lake District is lovely and we like Wales but still have much to discover there. There are so many lovely places we have yet to visit in the UK so perhaps now is the time.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ann141 said:

But you have the Peak District, that's on my Winnebago list.. 

Andy 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes I saw some of the signs saying outsiders were not welcome on the news.

Holiday areas need trade and people who can’t get insurance or don’t want to travel far need places to go so it will sort itself out.

I knew the word but only because I had  heard it on TV, Doc Martin I think.😀

OK. Quiz question 2. Try  "Emmett'.