Price Problem on Princess site?

phabric

I am looking at booking 5 cabins in a row for cabins for 3 and 2 passengers.  It shows cabins are available, but when I click on a cabin for a price, it comes back Sorry,  call in.  I would like to know the price before I contact my agent.

Anybody else having a problem getting a price?

I just looked at Alaska cruises after July 1st and it shows every southbound not available for any ship/cabin category! We are booked on Coral Aug 5th but was hoping to find a better room for our children. There were lots of cabins last night. When I saw this for our cruise I checked the others - all the same!

Edited by mgfendley

20 minutes ago, mgfendley said:

I just looked at Alaska cruises after July 1st and it shows every southbound not available for any ship/cabin category! We are booked on Coral Aug 5th but was hoping to find a better room for our children. There were lots of cabins last night. When I saw this for our cruise I checked the others - all the same!

Check again.  Might have been a momentary blip. Seeing lots of cabins.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I am looking at booking 5 cabins in a row for cabins for 3 and 2 passengers.  It shows cabins are available, but when I click on a cabin for a price, it comes back Sorry,  call in.  I would like to know the price before I contact my agent.

I had that problem yesterday and today using chrome on two different computers.  Switched to firefox and explorer browsers on the computers and the pricing came up.  Switched back to chrome and received the same message you did.

I have been getting BAD REQUEST when I try to look at new bookings.         

I have been getting this when I go in to check my current booked cruises:  We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again. If you continue to have problems, please call 1-800-PRINCESS.    

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

typical weekend maintenance issues for Princess website 

For several mock bookings I’ve done this past week. This kept happening. Some success but many problems.  I too like to know price before deciding to book. 

1 hour ago, dog said:

For several mock bookings I’ve done this past week. This kept happening. Some success but many problems.  I too like to know price before deciding to book. 

Adding: It was working well now. big price increases since I looked  a few days ago. My options are very limited if I want to keep the fare in same range of the FCC I received. Probably better to hold out on booking until the ships start to sail.

UNBELIEVABLE - I had an Alaska cruise booked for May 2020, which I canceled early last month.  I just looked at it to see how many balcony cabins were available now since a lot of you have canceled too.  There were only about 10% of the balcony cabins booked, but the price has gone UP since the last time I checked.  Other cruise lines (like RCL, CEL and even Carnival) have canceled their Alaska cruises until July, but not Princess - they are even raising their prices on cruises that they know they will cancel. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruising deacon said:

UNBELIEVABLE - I had an Alaska cruise booked for May 2020, which I canceled early last month.  I just looked at it to see how many balcony cabins were available now since a lot of you have canceled too.  There were only about 10% of the balcony cabins booked, but the price has gone UP since the last time I checked.  Other cruise lines (like RCL, CEL and even Carnival) have canceled their Alaska cruises until July, but not Princess - they are even raising their prices on cruises that they know they will cancel. 

yep - amazing - today, you can book the Coral - 7 day RT out of Vancover, inside passage including Glacier Bay - Premium Suite for 2 at about $7k

any takers ?

For the last week or so, I've noticed the "pricing not available" text where the prices should be for my saved cruises.  I'm using Chrome and when I refresh the screen the prices appear.  I probably need to clear my cache but as long as the refresh button continues to work I'll just take that extra step.

16 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

For the last week or so, I've noticed the "pricing not available" text where the prices should be for my saved cruises.  I'm using Chrome and when I refresh the screen the prices appear.  I probably need to clear my cache but as long as the refresh button continues to work I'll just take that extra step.

I cleared my cache and did not help.  No problem at all using firefox or my wife Mac.

4 hours ago, phabric said:

I tried signing in and I was able to see the prices.

I had a different experience yesterday when checking prices for a fall 2020 cruise we are on (or might be on).  The Basic pricing and the Princess Plus pricing were almost the same.  $95 more total cruise for the Plus if Inside; $50 if Balcony; $75 if Mini.  Unbelievable when the up-charge was $1,520 for our voyage.  OMG!!  So, a bit later returned to computer, checked my TA booking engine and nope, the Plus was the higher expected price.  Back to Princess.  Still unreal.  Follow it down to deck plan, section of ship, deck, and this time, selected a specific cabin.  The pop-up window that comes up at that point now "magically" showed the higher price.  Something was definitely off yesterday (fixed today) where the pricing appeared bargain of the year until you actually go to booking a cabin.

BTW, the above exercise led me to a discovery.  My great agency has instituted a temporary policy.  All cruises sailing between now and Christmas receive no discounting on new bookings.  IDK if something internal or driven by CCL and its member lines, but I cannot say I fault them.  So, if I want to re-fare, the price drop by Princess has to be enough to overcome my current discounted fare (the change is not retroactive to existing bookings).  I don't post this in any way to complain - but will be interesting to hear if other discount agencies are pulling back in a similar manner.  This was just new as of Friday.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity from this thread I just checked the price from Vancouver on the Grand for May 23.  The price with the best value offer is $2,868 for two in a balcony deck 10.  The same ship and cabin on the July 4 cruise is $3,498.  Interesting that Princess would even offer an AK cruise before July 1 much less allow pax to book the cruise.  It all is very strange.   

It's pretty surprising to me that people are even looking to book cruises this year. We have cruises booked for November 7 - December 13 and don't expect them to actually happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

It's pretty surprising to me that people are even looking to book cruises this year. We have cruises booked for November 7 - December 13 and don't expect them to actually happen.

They may not be looking to book as much as checking on pricing for cruises that are already booked.  I know I will save $700 on a cruise I had refared on a cruise for next year.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

They may not be looking to book as much as checking on pricing for cruises that are already booked.  I know I will save $700 on a cruise I had refared on a cruise for next year.  

I keep checking fares for my various cruises - 3 in November/December and 2 next May - but none have gone down. A couple are more than when I booked. I wouldn't be checking on booking new cruises for this year though. I'm not at all sure the ones we have booked for next May will actually sail.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I keep checking fares for my various cruises - 3 in November/December and 2 next May - but none have gone down. A couple are more than when I booked. I wouldn't be checking on booking new cruises for this year though. I'm not at all sure the ones we have booked for next May will actually sail.

Yea, this virus has caused so much uncertainty.  I thought for sure the cruiselines would be back up and running this fall but now, I’m not so sure.  I don’t think they know yet, either.  

• Like 1

My booked cruise for Jan. 2021 is missing from my Personalizer for the 2 Nd time this week. Problems with Princess website continue. Anyone booking?  If so I would call it in rather then book online. 

13 hours ago, dog said:

My booked cruise for Jan. 2021 is missing from my Personalizer for the 2 Nd time this week. Problems with Princess website continue. Anyone booking?  If so I would call it in rather then book online. 

I want to book a couple cruises for next year and I always find what I want online.then call my ta and have her book it.    I hate calling someone and having them tell me what is available, etc.   I want to see the info in front of me.   I have never been so frustrated as I have the past two weeks trying to book.        

Nothing is good with this situation.     Stay safe and healthy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, compozer said:

I want to book a couple cruises for next year and I always find what I want online.then call my ta and have her book it.    I hate calling someone and having them tell me what is available, etc.   I want to see the info in front of me.   I have never been so frustrated as I have the past two weeks trying to book.        

Have you tried a different browsers.  I only have a problem with chrome.

3 hours ago, compozer said:

I had problems getting the price with out signing in, once I signed in now I am getting the price.