So disappointed; cancelled ABC Islands cruise today.

RNCheryl

We were scheduled on the Constellation for a Thanksgiving cruise from Tampa.  12 nights, a lovely itinerary.  Got a wonderful price, with TA throwing in $$$ OBC.

Sadly, cruising is not in our immediate future.  We will wait until a vaccine is widely available before sailing again.

Best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Duanerice1 said:

You cancelled a November cruise?  I would have waited until final payment. Who knows when a vaccine will be available.

So sorry you had to cancel.  

I agree that waiting until final payment would have been a good idea, but given the length of time required to develop, test and produce a viable vaccine, there won't we one ready by August (final payment) or even the time of the cruise in November according to the experts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry OP but fully understand.

Hope the disapplointment will eventually turn to relief..you pulled the plug..less stress.

We cancelled APEX for Nov... I am in the "no go" category for now..started the deposit refund process...slow going!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mackjack9139 said:

You could also catch COVID19 and be fully recovered by May. Too soon to be altering Nov plans IMO. Why did you cancel so early?

Well, that's a novel perspective.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RNCheryl said:

We were scheduled on the Constellation for a Thanksgiving cruise from Tampa.  12 nights, a lovely itinerary.  Got a wonderful price, with TA throwing in $$$ OBC.

Sadly, cruising is not in our immediate future.  We will wait until a vaccine is widely available before sailing again.

Best wishes.

Well, if you are waiting for a vaccine, you may never cruise again.  It's been over 30 years, and they are still looking for one for HIV.  🍷

I cancelled Summit to Bermuda in July.  X cancelled Silhouette 3/27 to the ABCs.  I booked Nov 6 to replace Sillie.   I believe I hold my own fate in my oft-washed hands.  SD and no face touching.  We've also bought RCI stock.  Positive vibes, please.

• Like 2

Well, WineO, maybe you don't recognize the difference between a vaccine for HIV and for a corona type virus.  Check it out.  What are the means of infection.  Not a good comparison.

OuiOnboard, yes indeed.  We have a Princess British Isles for summer 2021.  Hoping to have been vaccinated by then.

Early  cancellation has to do with family finances; sons may need financial help, and our $900 fully refundable deposit might be better used by our family than Celebrity.

None of this makes it any easier to adapt to.  I was already planning excursions....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mackjack9139 said:

You could also catch COVID19 and be fully recovered by May. Too soon to be altering Nov plans IMO. Why did you cancel so early?

There's no guarantee that the ABC islands will be open for cruise ships in November.

• Thanks 1

We have a Reflection America's cruise in November, payable in August.  We will wait until then to see where this all goes.  If travel is too risky, we will cancel (only have a refundable deposit down).  Also a Reflection cruise to the Baltic in August 2021, so hopefully this is all resolved by then.

10 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

There's no guarantee that the ABC islands will be open for cruise ships in November.

That's the other side of the coin....X may let us go, but the islands may not let us in!  We'll most likely cancel our Nov. cruise but will wait until close to final payment, then switch to a 2021 cruise if it seems to be a 'go'.  I see the prices are up...recouping losses?

Have a November cruise, and hoping its still a go....but the big thing like many others is if the ports are allowing people in.  Its one thing for the ships to be sailing again, its another for the countries to be allowing them in.  The countries/economies are playing a very delicate balance when they decide to open.  Many of the Caribbean countries completely rely on tourism as there main source of income.  Its all a wait and see, no one has any idea how this will shake out over the next few weeks/months.    

I feel your pain, canceling a vacation.. what more terrible than this can occur. Anyhow, dont look at it like its the end of the world. You can always plan a different thing. You can go travel by car or take a local river cruise or something. Depending on where you live I am more than sure you ll find the way to attract youself. Take care my friend and good luck

We are cancelling our ABC cruise on the Equinox in September as well, just waiting until closer to final payment due to an NRD. Things wont be back to normal by then and even if the sailing happens, I doubt these small islands are going to allow cruise ships to dock anytime this year and rightfully so.

RNCheryl

Just this morning, DH and I were talking about a cruise we have booked for early November 2020. Final payment is due in August.We have a $200 refundable deposit on the cruise.

We plan to cancel soon.  

Perhaps it is because we live eighty miles from NYC, that we are very aware of the impact  Covid-19 is making on lives.

There is no appeal for us to be on a ship with thousands of people until a vaccine is produced and Covid-19 is eradicated. When and if this happens, we may consider taking a cruise in the distant future.

Stay home,stay safe, save lives.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Booked on 10 day Equinox this Sept to the ABC’s.   The Wife and have every intention of sailing is she goes..

Please post a review.  That's the cruise we're taking in November.

16 hours ago, RNCheryl said:

Best wishes.

I am sorry to hear that and I know how disappointing it is.