Now for something completely different

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I don't think we get Halibut in Australia, I have not seen it. I have eaten it in the MDR on the Princess ships, remember them? lol.

Yeah seen Halibut but expect it is imported, I don’t think it is caught locally.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah seen Halibut but expect it is imported, I don’t think it is caught locally.

Like I said come on up here. 

We don't always get it fresh, a lot of our fish is frozen at sea. At this time of year though it's fresh and not previously frozen. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

On a different note..I had a mini CC meet up with Mr Walker on Wednesday night, thanks Neil and Tracy, a pleasant evening.

Really enjoyed catching up Les. Good company & great food. Enjoy your trip up north. We are now in Merimbula. Cheers Neil & Tracey 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, packetau said:

We are pretty excited Les

You would be. My son said the food was very good, i.e. for dinner a choice of 3 entrees, 3 mains, 3 desserts.  No entertainment except for a guitar playing crew member now and then.  They had quizzes and Trivia !!!!  Drink prices were not too bad compared to the big cruise lines, he said cocktails were $8 and beers $5.  US dollars of course.

The ship with the X Bow handled the Drake Passage quite well he thought and he has done that crossing in a few different ships over the years.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Great pics Les. Tantalising.

We leave for Bermagui tomorrow with a stopover at Trunkey Creek. Saturday will do a big group ride, weather permitting, and having annual FJ owner's dinner somewhere in Bermagui that night.

Have booked the Clyde boat ride for Sunday and staying with some friends, who have a time share in Batehaven. Sorry, we're gonna miss you.

We head home on Monday with an overnighter at Crest Motor Inn, Queanbeyan.

Decided to trailer the bike (Yamaha FJ1200) down due to suspect weather and BFs daughter's concern about her son and daughter's grandma's safety on a bike.

Spent the last two days fixing up the bike trailer that I haven't used in four years. Replaced wheel bearings and removed a heap of surface rust. It's safe for the trip but will need a rebuild sometime after I get back. I also buggered my back while working on the trailer by trying to lift it on my own to place jack stands under it. Doh!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Great pics Les. Tantalising.

We leave for Bermagui tomorrow with a stopover at Trunkey Creek. Saturday will do a big group ride, weather permitting, and having annual FJ owner's dinner somewhere in Bermagui that night.

Have booked the Clyde boat ride for Sunday and staying with some friends, who have a time share in Batehaven. Sorry, we're gonna miss you.

We head home on Monday with an overnighter at Crest Motor Inn, Queanbeyan.

Decided to trailer the bike (Yamaha FJ1200) down due to suspect weather and BFs daughter's concern about her son and daughter's grandma's safety on a bike.

Spent the last two days fixing up the bike trailer that I haven't used in four years. Replaced wheel bearings and removed a heap of surface rust. It's safe for the trip but will need a rebuild sometime after I get back. I also buggered my back while working on the trailer by trying to lift it on my own to place jack stands under it. Doh!

Enjoy the Far South Coast mate. Weather forecast for next few days in showers, perhaps.

I fly from Canberra to Coolangatta on Sunday, a week or so on the Gold Coast with brother and sister.

• Like 2

Had a great time down in Bermagui with lots of great roads to ride with a great bunch of people. No rain at all for the Saturday ride. The drive to Tomakin, south of Bateman's Bay where we met up with some friends for the Clyde cruise which was very enjoyable and just a couple of lights showers of rain on the way up river and back. Stayed with our friends in a timeshare at Tomakin and bought a heap of Black Tiger prawns and oysters for our dinner. Drove home this morning with a lot of rain to, about, Nowra. 

• Like 3

I am up at Currumbin, Gold Coast, too much rain, 290mm one 24 hr period this week. Sister had a land slide in back yard. Improving now. My sister and brother live at the Goldy, Currumbin and Nerang.

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am up at Currumbin, Gold Coast, too much rain, 290mm one 24 hr period this week. Sister had a land slide in back yard. Improving now. My sister and brother live at the Goldy, Currumbin and Nerang.

Hope all is well with your sister's backyard Les. My son and his family were on the GC for 10 days arriving back last Sunday. They were fortunate in that they had great weather with very little rain. 

Something different —

we all recall establishments that did not survive the lockdowns. Well, we had one that was supposed to be reopening soon. But one day there was a shawarma of police.

It seems that someone entrepreneurs were using the space for farming. Yes, an indoor hydroponic marijuana plantation.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Something different —

we all recall establishments that did not survive the lockdowns. Well, we had one that was supposed to be reopening soon. But one day there was a shawarma of police.

It seems that someone entrepreneurs were using the space for farming. Yes, an indoor hydroponic marijuana plantation.

Lots won’t return, pretty sure my working days are over, and boy am I struggling with that, along with the other issues that come with Mini Strokes, thinking it is time to consult with one of your colleagues.

8 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Lots won’t return, pretty sure my working days are over, and boy am I struggling with that, along with the other issues that come with Mini Strokes, thinking it is time to consult with one of your colleagues.

Yeah, sometimes very necessary. Certainly helped me with early pain management and other planning ideas.

As you know, I had not planned to retire, but health got in the way. Fortuitous timing (and bad management decisions) allowed me to take an early retirement package — with lump sum and major tax benefits.

I was lucky that an older friend in my area retired around the same time. It allowed us to support each other.

Anyway, you have my email and phone if I can help.

17 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Yeah, sometimes very necessary. Certainly helped me with early pain management and other planning ideas.

As you know, I had not planned to retire, but health got in the way. Fortuitous timing (and bad management decisions) allowed me to take an early retirement package — with lump sum and major tax benefits.

I was lucky that an older friend in my area retired around the same time. It allowed us to support each other.

Anyway, you have my email and phone if I can help.

Yeah you may get an email soon. Not 100% which email is current so may try a couple. Really struggling with having to stop work and the frustrations with speech difficulties.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah you may get an email soon. Not 100% which email is current so may try a couple. Really struggling with having to stop work and the frustrations with speech difficulties.

That is great.

Both emails still work. Possibly better to use the one with my real name in the address.