Now for something completely different

Enjoy your exciting adventure, Lyle and Lyn.  Happy Birthday for tomorrow, too, if my memory serves me correctly, Lyle.  Haven't visited the HAL board, but will now to follow your blog.  Smooth seas and fair winds,

Linda and Mario

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

So it's so close now, We fly out to Boston tomorrow. I started an "Observations" thread on the HAL board. If you're interested I'll be posting there from time to time. We may book the cruise section of our down under adventure while on this cruise, it all depends on whether HAL seems a good fit for us.

Wakey wakey is 0300 tomorrow (for us) 21 Aug 2023, it's going to be a long day.

Enjoy your trip mate. Yes, hope you get your downunder trip arranged - there are a bunch of us waiting to finally meet you & Lynne here after all this time. Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Enjoy your exciting adventure, Lyle and Lyn.  Happy Birthday for tomorrow, too, if my memory serves me correctly, Lyle.  Haven't visited the HAL board, but will now to follow your blog.  Smooth seas and fair winds,

Linda and Mario

Thanks Linda and Mario, the birthday is the 23rd, embarkation day.

I want to try and keep that thread as observations, good, bad or indifferent; I won't be using it as a "comparison" to other lines, and of course being our first time on HAL we can't speak longingly about what "used to be" on HAL.

Cheers Lyle & Lynn

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Enjoy your trip mate. Yes, hope you get your downunder trip arranged - there are a bunch of us waiting to finally meet you & Lynne here after all this time. Cheers

Thanks Neil, it does feel so long ago I started this thread and we have met so many gracious folks here. We do want to meet up with as many as we can. Being that this new adventure will be after I retire there will be more time in Oz to explore. The first 2 itineraries were quite rushed for the road trip, now we will have more time to meet people. Hopefully people will be home when we get down there and not travelling in far off distant lands (like Canada? 🤔) I still think we have a better chance of running into @MicCanberra somewhere other than Oz.

Cheers Mate, we're looking at 2025 there is a good itinerary that includes a stop in Taz.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

We're in the lounge at Montreal, there is a bit of a lay-over here. So far it has been a good flight, I slept through most of the Vancouver to Montreal leg. I think I could get used to this business class thing.

You’ll never go back😂

• Like 1

Safely in Boston, there was a bit of a glitch in the hotel booking. Fortunately it was easily sorted and we ended up in a suite. 

We are going to the JFK library today, maybe see some other things. 

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 2

This is the view from the Kennedy Library. It  was a good museum. 

Getting a cab in this town is not a pleasant experience. Squishy little cars and and we had one driver today unable to read their audience. Politics is never a good subject when you don't know who you're talking to.

20230822_122104.thumb.jpg.e65859cfaf56cd6df34bb02d517d0a0d.jpg

• Like 5

It's been a full day in Boston, we probably didn't see much of the city but the Kennedy Library was an important place to visit for me. We had a lovely dinner with drinks and a nice wine. Lynn is bushed and has gone for a nap or perhaps she's down for the count.

We board Zaandam tomorrow. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

It's been a full day in Boston, we probably didn't see much of the city but the Kennedy Library was an important place to visit for me. We had a lovely dinner with drinks and a nice wine. Lynn is bushed and has gone for a nap or perhaps she's down for the count.

We board Zaandam tomorrow. 

Jet lagged or just a busy evening and day?