Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

It is rude and ignorant of certain internet message board posters to state to others to be patient. Again, Royal said wait 30 days for your full refund for a cruise they cancelled.  In my case that time frame has elapsed. The time for being patient ended at the 30 day mark especially in light of the fact Royal has given no further updates to those of us waiting. Patience is over. Concern of the unknown and about being lied to is now the special of the day. Anyone who thinks differently is either a Royal Caribbean planted influencer or some kind of nut who gets their jollies by antagonizing innocent people. 

• Like 11

as I just posted on the other thread.....

my TA just told me the newest story from RCCL today after she called them.

My cruise got cancelled on March 13th  and I requested a refund on March 14th.

I got the generic screen shot attached that states refund request received and expect refund to your original payment on file within 30 days of your request date.

Today, the story is they only processed my request on April 6th   (  the day after my cruise would have ended)  and refunds will take 45-90 days.  

screenshot of refund request 3.14.jpg

We know there are others who book B2B...

We would've been on the Adventure sailing B5B...starting April 5th from Fort Lauderdale, ending May 15th in Bayonne.

No refunds...waiting on approximately $14,866.

6 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

We know there are others who book B2B...

We would've been on the Adventure sailing B5B...starting April 5th from Fort Lauderdale, ending May 15th in Bayonne.

No refunds...waiting on approximately $14,866.

I love me some cruising, but B5B?? I would be 900 lbs and need a new liver after that.

• Haha 1

Something tells me there is a reason none of us have been given anything in writing as well.  The original refund request stated I would receive an email confirming.  No email was received.  I called Royal and one representative told me they were unable to send any email correspondence, another told me she would send an email confirming my refund and amount.  I never received anything. I blame myself for not staying on the phone until I received something.

• Like 3

I emailed exec office repeating my story as posted here....waiting to see if and when they reply.  I think the timelines they are providing are just made up dates to push the can down the road while we sit and hope to see our $.  I will call Capital One credit card tomorrow and ask what my options are.  I will also contact bamboozled and some other NJ news reporters as they have been covering similar issues with Ticketmaster refunds etc etc.  But ultimately I am *****   hoping my $3750 ever gets returned for those 2 cabins on Freedom  plus the deposit of $750 on the Empress May 2021 I cancelled a week later.  

In my humble opinion, Royal is dragging their feet using the customers as a mechanism for short term interest free loans. That’s just  unacceptable. 

I empathize with the company, they didn’t create the pandemic. But at the same time if you don’t have money back after 30 days you’ve got every right to be angry. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dadof2kids said:

I don't think people are being impatient. I think we all see what is going on in the cruise industry and are concerned about our cash flow just like the cruise industry is.  I will gladly give it back to them in the future but I would rather hold on to it myself.

I agree.  I don't want a FCC.  I may cruise later but the "fall out" over and be able to access what the "new" experience may be.

Mbayley@rccl.com  is the main one.

There are a few others 

Senior Mgr Guest Experience EO

Carlosjimenez@rccl.com 

AVP Guest Experience

Ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

I generally look on the elliott advocacy website for company contacts...it helped greatly when Verizon mishandled my new phone  $200 rebate last year. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, figment7 said:

For all the people disputing charges, while it may help you get the money removed off the card and not earning interest, you also are creating more work for when the credit card company contacts RCCL and takes a person from processing refunds to figure out if it was a valid charge or not. I know it stinks/sucks waiting for your money to be refunded and it shouldn't be taking this long but you are only lengthening the process either for yourself or for others awaiting refunds. 

What about those whose credit card has a limit of 60, or 100 days to file a dispute?

I don't think they should be concerned about creating more work for RCCL.

7 minutes ago, mafig said:

What about those whose credit card has a limit of 60, or 100 days to file a dispute?

I don't think they should be concerned about creating more work for RCCL.

Seeing that final payment for a cruise is more than likely 90 days you are already outside the window you discuss. You are allowed to dispute it beyond those time frames but different cards allow you to dispute different time frames from service date etc (flight departure date, cruise embarkation date etc). If everyone in front of your refund disputes their charge then your refund is just going to take that much longer resulting in more people complaining about how long it takes. So as someone that is waiting for their refund eventually you are making everyone that is being patient and not filing disputes wait longer. You can do whatever you want, I am just providing a reason to maybe think twice before everyone just goes and disputes their charge because they waited too long hence backlogging the backlogged system even further. 

4 hours ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

I love me some cruising, but B5B?? I would be 900 lbs and need a new liver after that.

Smiling ☺️...you are right...I have gained many pounds and drank way too much.

Note: We always make an effort to lose a few pounds before our sailings.  And now that we are not sailing, we've been refraining from alcohol.  Liver AST and ALT test came back normal recently...happy.

Celebrity Cruise Lines has not refunded our deposit for a November Cruise Rt Barcelona.  Cancelled 3/16 way before final payment due date. Booked it refundable.  It will be 30 days tomorrow. If we don’t see it soon, we will not be booking them again if or when they return. 

The viability of rcl is in question at this point. 

The fact that no one, or very few, on cruise critic have received a refund from rcl is extremely concerning. The cash flow crunch must be horrendous. 

If rcl defaults I expect we will not be made whole. 

My family has over 15k being held ransom by rcl right now for cruises rcl canceled ok vee a month ago. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CruiseEnvy said:

I wonder how long it takes to issue FCCs or refunds for every paid stateroom on every ship, per cruise....

The problem with the FCC's is that Royal Caribbean uses dynamic pricing such as 60% off the second guest when booking a cruise. The FCCs are slow because you need an ancient mathematician, a tax accountant and a rocket scientist to figure out how much each passenger in one booking should receive and they still get it wrong.  Cash is slow because you can't squeeze blood from a stone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kajunkel225 said:

We requested refund on 3/15 for our 4/5 cruise.  I've called twice and am being told it can be anywhere from 30-90 days after scheduled debarkation date before refund is processed.  My family paid over 10k for this cruise.  Unfortunately I don't think we are ever going to see that money refunded.

We went from cruising once a year and now I don't ever plan on cruising again.  

I believe you just mentioned the problem as to why so many of us are concerned.  When I did paperwork it clearly stated 30 days from that date not 60 and definitely not 90 from debarkation date.  So they are pushing the goal post to the right after telling people 30 days is a valid concern.

8 hours ago, figment7 said:

Seeing that final payment for a cruise is more than likely 90 days you are already outside the window you discuss. You are allowed to dispute it beyond those time frames but different cards allow you to dispute different time frames from service date etc (flight departure date, cruise embarkation date etc). If everyone in front of your refund disputes their charge then your refund is just going to take that much longer resulting in more people complaining about how long it takes. So as someone that is waiting for their refund eventually you are making everyone that is being patient and not filing disputes wait longer. You can do whatever you want, I am just providing a reason to maybe think twice before everyone just goes and disputes their charge because they waited too long hence backlogging the backlogged system even further. 

Can you  explain what you mean about backlogging the system? One shouldn't have to do with the other. How will it affect someone who is just waiting and not filing a dispute?  I can see it holding up the person who submitted the dispute but not the person who is just waiting.

3 hours ago, Jonbiloh said:

The viability of rcl is in question at this point. 

The fact that no one, or very few, on cruise critic have received a refund from rcl is extremely concerning. The cash flow crunch must be horrendous. 

If rcl defaults I expect we will not be made whole. 

My family has over 15k being held ransom by rcl right now for cruises rcl canceled ok vee a month ago. 

I agree. Millions of people filed for unemployment. I submitted my weekly claim on Monday and it hit my checking account on Wednesday. There is no way in hell that they could be that backed up that cancellations from 30 days ago shouldn't have been received. It's an automated process just like bookings and cruise planner purchases. Also remember that in addition to fares and deposits they also have to refund those $1400 cabanas and drink packages. The bottom line is they don't have the money. Hopefully with the recent layoffs they will be able to start refunding to their passengers.

• Like 3