Cancelled May 17th and have new Reservation.

15 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I agree.  I have 2 booked for the end of June that I hope won't get canceled.  Also have cruises for Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec and am really hoping that we get to go on all of them.  Positive thinking!!!

I'm jealous!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

No, my TA put what is known as a "long hold" till FCC is issued. Its booked basically, just not paid for till FCC is issued. I have an invoice, room number, and everything. No money out of my pocket.

Downside of this is until a payment is made you can't book anything on Cruise Planner. Hope our FCC comes through soon.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Downside of this is until a payment is made you can't book anything on Cruise Planner. Hope our FCC comes through soon.

Yeah that is true, the cruise itself won't show up in my "upcoming cruises" till the FCC is issued then applied. I still see my 😭 May 10 Oasis cruise which would be 25 days away, and that makes me for sure 😭 Luckily I don't usually order anything from the cruise planner till a week or a few weeks before cruises. 

23 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

Everyone please educate yourselves. I know its hard to see but by June this virus is down to nothing. In NJ by May its down to nothing. Check your state here.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

This doesn't seem accurate or possible.  I truly believe even if the true stats lower, if we go out too soon the cases will increase.  We will have a resurgence of the Virus

15 hours ago, karena1 said:

I agree.  I have 2 booked for the end of June that I hope won't get canceled.  Also have cruises for Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec and am really hoping that we get to go on all of them.  Positive thinking!!!

I think you're gonna' keep pretty busy following up on cancellations/refunds/FCC's this year.

49 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We changed our March and June sail dates to January 2021.  Hopefully, the cruise ships will be sailing by then- but who knows!  Being cautiously optimistic!

If they aren't sailing by then you can kiss Royal Caribbean and the industry as a whole goodbye. 

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

I think you're gonna' keep pretty busy following up on cancellations/refunds/FCC's this year.

we will see.  I believe in thinking positive and having hope.  Will deal with whatever happens when it does

On 4/17/2020 at 8:05 AM, JAMESCC said:

Everyone please educate yourselves. I know its hard to see but by June this virus is down to nothing. In NJ by May its down to nothing. Check your state here.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

That doesn't mean the virus has been eradicated.  Why do you think it would just suddenly disappear?  That's just a statistical graph based on certain behaviors.  It might die down in the summer, but nobody knows for sure.  Besides, I believe that graph is projecting deaths, not people infected. 

Look how wrong they were about projected number of cases and how may beds and ventilators were going to be needed - and those original projections had social distancing included in them.  They were so far off.  I think it can swing the other way also and this thing will be with us until we have proven, effective therapeutics and/or a vaccine.

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

This forum is a lost cause. You guys keep on thinking this is the end of the world. 

I agree. Most have this leftist theory that we should be locked down and not working and the world is coming to an end. This will pass and yes life will go back to normal,precorona. You may not think so but it will. Trust me before you jump on me I have full grasp of this living in connecticut and working at a career fire department 56 hours a week working as a paramedic/firefighter. Life will return to normal cnn’ers

37 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

I agree. Most have this leftist theory that we should be locked down and not working and the world is coming to an end. This will pass and yes life will go back to normal,precorona. You may not think so but it will. Trust me before you jump on me I have full grasp of this living in connecticut and working at a career fire department 56 hours a week working as a paramedic/firefighter. Life will return to normal cnn’ers

Well I would consider myself a "leftist" but I don't think this should be about what side of the political fence you fall on. This is very serious but its not the end of the world or life as we know it. There are awesome things going on right now. There drugs right now being tested that seem to be extremely effective. Remdesivir is really, really looking promising. This could be the key to all this while waiting for a vaccine. If this can keep 99% of people that would have otherwise passed away from this horrible virus then we have something. If this is as effective as it seems then life can actually go almost totally back to normal. The older population and people with underlying conditions will still need to take precautions. We still all will have to take precautions such as washing hands, cleaning surfaces, not sneezing or coughing on people, not going to work when sick. Lets just not be so pessimistic is all I ask. 

Edited by JAMESCC

This forum is a lost cause. You guys keep on thinking this is the end of the world. 

Nobody thinks it's the end of the world just the end of cruising for a while. While this forum has lost its purpose in terms of cruise reviews and advice for on board experiences it still is giving us an education on the changes that may happen, cruise cancellations and the ever changing rules about FCC's. I'm not one for booking cruises far out and during this climate I'm sure that there will be last minute deals on the scheduled cruises.  I wouldn't book until I was sure there was a good chance to sail. Now all everyone is doing is slowing down the process for FCC and Refunds by booking and canceling, booking and canceling booking and canceling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

If they aren't sailing by then you can kiss Royal Caribbean and the industry as a whole goodbye. 

It's not enough to just be sailing. You have to get people to book. The small percentage of CC members on the Royal Caribbean board can't support them alone. Many will be booking with FCC's which won't help the bottom line.  Millions are out of work and many may not have jobs to return to. The 70 plus crowd which makes up a good portion of passengers may still be afraid or may be rejected. Who knows what the new standard will be and if anyone will be willing to sail under those conditions.  There are more variables to consider than just ending the pandemic and life returning to normal overnight.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 9:08 AM, JAMESCC said:

Ok, if you say so.

Did you also notice NJ says right above the graph:

After June 1, 2020, relaxing social distancing may be possible with containment strategies that include testing, contact tracing, isolation, and limiting gathering size.

That's a big may be possible as we don't yet have the ability to do all the needed testing and contact tracing... and it still includes 'and limiting gathering size'.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 2:18 PM, bigrednole said:

An article I read on cruising for Carnival is that when they do start to cruise again, it will be with reduced passengers. Only rooms that will be occupied are rooms that have access to fresh air. Those rooms will be every other room. That will leave out interior and oceanview rooms as well. If that is the case, you are looking at a maximum of 50% capacity. No one knows for sure, but time will tell.

I would love to sail on an Oasis Class at 50% capacity or less and would pay extra. You listening Royal?

On 4/17/2020 at 9:35 AM, JAMESCC said:

Just like this. There are things happening. There are other drugs, there are vaccines already in testing, not even phase 1 testing but phase 2. The dam pessimism here makes me sick. It just makes me sick. The virus thank goodness didn't make me sick yet but the dam pessimism here already has and I'm not talking about pessimism about cruising, I'm talking about overall dark pessimism. 

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/early-peek-at-data-on-gilead-coronavirus-drug-suggests-patients-are-responding-to-treatment/

Why do you continue to come here if it makes you so sick? I guess you're a glutton for punishment. We all want to cruise asap, but sometimes reality has to be faced.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 12:20 PM, JAMESCC said:

I come back on 2 hours later and my opinion is still the same. This forum and discussion is a waste of time. No one can see 2 feet in front of them, its just the here and now. Things change fast. Waste of time dealing with the pessimism and negativity. 

👋 👋 👋

In my opinion, cruising will resume probably in June. if you think the cruise industry or any travel industry is just going to sit back and die, I think you are sadly mistaken. They will add some kind of protection for them on the sailing contract, they will keep or even up the pre-sail questions and checks and they will get to work. You might see staff wearing masks all day, especially inside. You might see more stringent hand washing messages, etc. etc. etc. But they will get back to work.

Look at the protest we see, people are done, we will be getting back to work soon and I mean very soon, no one is concerned with what the government wants anymore.  

4 minutes ago, Waycoolrob said:

In my opinion, cruising will resume probably in June. if you think the cruise industry or any travel industry is just going to sit back and die, I think you are sadly mistaken. They will add some kind of protection for them on the sailing contract, they will keep or even up the pre-sail questions and checks and they will get to work. You might see staff wearing masks all day, especially inside. You might see more stringent hand washing messages, etc. etc. etc. But they will get back to work.

Look at the protest we see, people are done, we will be getting back to work soon and I mean very soon, no one is concerned with what the government wants anymore.  

This is not about what the government wants.  We are in the midst of a massive public health emergency that is worldwide.  These are unprecedented times, and many many more people will die by relaxing the guidelines set in place too soon.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Waycoolrob said:

In my opinion, cruising will resume probably in June. .  

Cruises sailing in 8-9 weeks?  LOL.  

Protests and getting people back to work have nothing to do with ships sailing while the virus is still floating around.  Which is going to be a long time.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Waycoolrob said:

June of what year?

Have you even read what the CDC is REQUIRING?  I'm guessing no.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2