Cancelled May 17th and have new Reservation.

6 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

We just cancelled our May 17th Harmony, and have new reservation for Sept 6th on the Harmony. If Harmony goes to sea we will be on it... Took 15 min on phone no problem... 

Ha so funny, Oasis May 10 cancelled a few weeks ago, new booking for Sept 6th on Oasis. Did not put out 1 dollar from my pocket. Its a long hold till FCC is issued, then will convert to a full booking. The price we got for a Central Park balcony is just sick. TA took care of everything. I wish I could post the price because its insane.

By the way I booked the cruise with 15 minutes of the other getting cancelled. TA took care of everything. No pain on my end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

We just cancelled our May 17th Harmony, and have new reservation for Sept 6th on the Harmony. If Harmony goes to sea we will be on it... Took 15 min on phone no problem... 

Did you have to pay out of pocket until the FCC is issued?

5 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

Did you have to pay out of pocket until the FCC is issued?

No, my TA put what is known as a "long hold" till FCC is issued. Its booked basically, just not paid for till FCC is issued. I have an invoice, room number, and everything. No money out of my pocket.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Everyone please educate yourselves. I know its hard to see but by June this virus is down to nothing. In NJ by May its down to nothing. Check your state here.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

All those data show is the projection of how many people will die on a given day, not how many people will be still infected. While the death rate is useful to know, it doesn't signal an end to the pandemic, it is only a measure of how the control mechanisms are working (presuming mitigation continues unabated).

• Like 1

I received an e-mail yesterday notifying me that my cruise in May was cancelled. I fully expect to receive similar e-mails for booked cruises in July, September and October. I requested a refund because I don’t believe cruises will resume until 2021.  I will definitely continue cruising in the future, but I don’t plan to book any more cruises until cruise lines resume operations. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

All those data show is the projection of how many people will die on a given day, not how many people will be still infected. While the death rate is useful to know, it doesn't signal an end to the pandemic, it is only a measure of how the control mechanisms are working (presuming mitigation continues unabated).

It means what we are doing is working, infections are falling and deaths are falling. Its all you can by at the moment. It means the hospitals are not overwhelmed and that is good news. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

It means what we are doing is working, infections are falling and deaths are falling. Its all you can by at the moment. It means the hospitals are not overwhelmed and that is good news. 

True, but that's not what you were inferring in your original post - " I know its hard to see but by June this virus is down to nothing. In NJ by May its down to nothing." - neither of those statements has any basis in relationship to the spread or state of the virus.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

True, but that's not what you were inferring in your original post - " I know its hard to see but by June this virus is down to nothing. In NJ by May its down to nothing." - neither of those statements has any basis in relationship to the spread or state of the virus.

Ok, if you say so.

We were booked for next month and took full refunds.  We're also booked in Nov (booked a year ago) but we're not holding our breath.  We have more booked for next year.  Just wondering which will be our actual next cruise.  Personally, I wouldn't book anything for this year at this point.   I think there's wishful thinking by people who want to go on a cruise in the next few months.  Doesn't make it factual.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Just look up what happened with the 1918 flu pandemic and how people let their guard down and there was a resurgence and you'll understand.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

Everyone please educate yourselves. I know its hard to see but by June this virus is down to nothing. In NJ by May its down to nothing. Check your state here.

Irrelevant when it comes to cruises restarting.

The Diamond princess occurred when this was still in its absolute infancy in which 99 percent of infections were in China.

Even if this was down to almost “nothing” what argument can you make to the CDC (and the world) that you can guarantee the safety of a ship full of people to even having close to the level of safety that existed prior to Covid being a full blown pandemic.

Is this data relevant.  Yes In getting a general idea where this may be going.  It has been shown to be poor at estimating peak resources as it has come nowhere near close on estimating peak resource use in any situation thus far.  These models have done a poor job of estimating anything so far as there is so little data.  Also from what models we do have we now that after the peak it’s a looong trek to get the virus levels down.  Just look at Italy.  They peaked in mid March.  They are one month later and they are still trudging along. It’s gotten better but they are still overwhelmed.

However, in regards to cruising this data is irrelevant. It will not help the cruise lines get on the ocean any faster.

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, BND said:

We were booked for next month and took full refunds.  We're also booked in Nov (booked a year ago) but we're not holding our breath.  We have more booked for next year.  Just wondering which will be our actual next cruise.  Personally, I wouldn't book anything for this year at this point.   I think there's wishful thinking by people who want to go on a cruise in the next few months.  Doesn't make it factual.

We also took the full refund on our May cruise. We have cruises booked for September and November, but only have deposits in play on those. Will probably cancel each one just before final payment date if things don't improve enough for us to be comfortable cruising this year.

Nice info. Looks like Florida is a month or two behind NJ. Do cruise ships limit sailing to only those people from States with very low numbers?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjkacmom said:

Until there is a vaccine, people will continue to die, if things go back to normal, a lot more will die daily.

The other best option is an effective treatment that works quickly.  It appears that there is some promise in a couple of existing drugs used to treat other viruses.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BND said:

The other best option is an effective treatment that works quickly.  It appears that there is some promise in a couple of existing drugs used to treat other viruses.

Just like this. There are things happening. There are other drugs, there are vaccines already in testing, not even phase 1 testing but phase 2. The dam pessimism here makes me sick. It just makes me sick. The virus thank goodness didn't make me sick yet but the dam pessimism here already has and I'm not talking about pessimism about cruising, I'm talking about overall dark pessimism. 

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/early-peek-at-data-on-gilead-coronavirus-drug-suggests-patients-are-responding-to-treatment/

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Just like this. There are things happening. There are other drugs, there are vaccines already in testing, not even phase 1 testing but phase 2. The dam pessimism here makes me sick. It just makes me sick. The virus thank goodness didn't make me sick yet but the dam pessimism here already has and I'm not talking about pessimism about cruising, I'm talking about overall dark pessimism. 

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/early-peek-at-data-on-gilead-coronavirus-drug-suggests-patients-are-responding-to-treatment/

Being optimistic won't change anything, but okay.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting the link.  I should point out that the information reported about our state is incorrect as it relates to mitigating measures that are in place.  Makes me wonder what else they may have gotten wrong.