Would you cruise in August

jp2746

Too many variables.

What is the health situation nationwide and worldwide?

What changes have they made to the onboard experience?

What is the airline situation?

Need another month or so to decide.  But if you are coming up on final payment, only you can make that decision.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, dodgestang said:

I am sailing on an August 2 to Alaska...if it goes...I go

Me too, plan on going...plus have two weeks touring on our own prior to our Alaska cruise that I have had booked for a year now.  Hoping not to lose the whole thing.  😮 

Hope we both get to enjoy our Alaska adventure.  My favorite Itinerary!  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, island lady said:

You are  most welcome my friend...hey...come on up and join us!  Just a hop, skip and a jump for you!!  🙂 

We'll have take a rain check. I'm hoping I'm still going to Sturgis (friend and I) in August. 🤞Then Kathy and I are booked on a Pacific/Canada coastal cruise in September. 🤞 I just canceled our June east coast  trip today. Hopefully our annual July and September Jackson Hole Wy trips are a go. 🤞 One day and trip at a time.

• Like 1

We will not cruise again until there have been 2-3 months of multiple cruise ships sailing with no quarantine incidents or reports of multiple illnesses of passengers after returning home. There are too many other options for travel to take a chance of being quarantined on a ship for 14 or more days.

Also, just prior to cruises stopping, both of our employers put in rules that anyone taking a cruise or visiting a foreign country could not return to work for at least 14 days after returning. We don’t want to take 3 weeks of leave or unpaid time off just to take a one week cruise. So until those rules are changed, we won’t be cruising.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

If cruises reopened in August would you cruise or cancel?  

I have had one booked for 8/21 for a long time.  I will for sure go!  I would go tomorrow if they let me go.  I just want to cruise!!  We are booked for Aug/Sept/2 in Oct/2 in Dec and plan to go on all of them.  Also have 2 booked for end of June and just praying those don't get canceled also.  We were supposed to go this week and again 5/24 and both are canceled.  Just want to get back to normal and do what we love, just being on a cruise ship to the caribbean.

Edited by karena1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1