Would you cruise in August

jp2746

What a crock of Bull is that? and who will be monitoring the people you come in contact once you are parading around these foreign countries for a 10 hour  port stop?

Can you all  say VACCINE ? that is what you need to safely cruise again?

Talk about in disbelief in what is going on? That document can't be serious is it?

The document was posted on April 14 on the Princess website, so it is legitimate.

I expect that most places where large gatherings of people occur (arenas, stadiums, cruises, amusement parks, etc) will have to temperature checks going forward, at least for a good while. Some countries are requiring temperature checks to enter stores, restaurants, etc. as they start lifting quarantine.

I believe temperature scans will be used when boarding and getting off the ship at each port once cruises start again. There are remote sensors that can be tied to facial recognition systems so that it would be non-invasive, but could identify individuals. I would expect there to be some of those set up around the ship so that everyone was monitored at least once per day, even on sea days. At the first sign of a fever, they would probably quarantine you to your room or possibly isolates you in the medical facility onboard.

• Like 1

We sailed MSC Meraviglia the last week of February and had to go through a thermal scan before boarding. It was easy, they had a line marked on the floor, about 6 feet away from the thermal unit. It took about 5 seconds to be scanned and then, if ok, you went onboard.  I can see this being done for any cruise. 

3 hours ago, sandebeach said:

We sailed MSC Meraviglia the last week of February and had to go through a thermal scan before boarding. It was easy, they had a line marked on the floor, about 6 feet away from the thermal unit. It took about 5 seconds to be scanned and then, if ok, you went onboard.  I can see this being done for any cruise. 

Sounds like facial recognition at departure

I am going to soon cancel October this year and maybe even our January 2020 sailing.  I can’t afford to get stuck on a quarantined ship for weeks, just to get home and be quarantined for another 14 days. 

Edit to add: that is if the ship is sailing, let alone we can get to the ship. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I am going to soon cancel October this year and maybe even our January 2020 sailing.  I can’t afford to get stuck on a quarantined ship for weeks, just to get home and be quarantined for another 14 days. 

Edit to add: that is if the ship is sailing, let alone we can get to the ship. 

Agree...though I think your January 2020 ship has sailed.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/17/2020 at 3:06 PM, jsf said:

We just cancelled our 8/15 cruise, too much uncertainty. We are both over 70 and may never cruise again after 35 cruises.

We are 69....Diamond +....have a cruise planned for August. Will cancel. If we re-book for 2021 using FCC, we will be 70...so I guess our cruising days are over.
Do we have underlying medical conditions?  OF COURSE!  Who at 70 and above do not have a medical history of some kind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WeLuvVacation said:

No. I figure no cruising until at least 1/1/21 at the earliest.

Hope you’re right. This way I can get a cash refund on 3 cruises I have booked. Both myself & DH are over 70 & doctor will not sign because of liability even though we are both healthy. 

• Thanks 1

I won’t cruise again until there is a vaccine. There are too many things beyond your control on a cruise ship, and the environment is too contained. We’ve also see there is no guarantee local authorities would even let you dock if someone were to test positive, or get sick. 

4 hours ago, DougMacP said:

I won’t cruise again until there is a vaccine. There are too many things beyond your control on a cruise ship, and the environment is too contained. We’ve also see there is no guarantee local authorities would even let you dock if someone were to test positive, or get sick. 

That's my thinking as well.

On 4/17/2020 at 12:42 PM, island lady said:

I sure hope so.   Mid August B2B Radiance Alaska.  Big milestone birthday for the DH.  

Carnival cancelled our July Alaska trip-as we were to stop in Canada (BC) on our way back to San Francisco. 3 cruises cancelled-only rebooked one. Not too optimistic for this year.

6 hours ago, B-52 said:

We are 69....Diamond +....have a cruise planned for August. Will cancel. If we re-book for 2021 using FCC, we will be 70...so I guess our cruising days are over.
Do we have underlying medical conditions?  OF COURSE!  Who at 70 and above do not have a medical history of some kind.

My best friend died from Covid-19 two weeks ago.He was nearly 79 and did not have a serious medical problem since 1961.

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger

would we cruise in August.... hell yes.... in a heart beat...

...but in saying that we are not over 70 and both very fit and healthy so its each to their own... don't think it will happen though - prediction would be 1st October at earliest 

On 4/17/2020 at 2:30 PM, jp2746 said:

If cruises reopened in August would you cruise or cancel?  

Definitely not. Our plan will be to watch how things unfold for a few months after ships start

back sailing. If no major issues with infections we will then book.

• Like 1