Live virtual Transatlantic on the Regal

scubacruiserx2

10 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

Everything looks so delicious!  The problem with us is that my hubby is allergic to seafood and so many of the items have seafood.  

Perhaps if you explained that in advance the chef could fix something different for him .

What's next ? Synchronized service and....

DSC05057-001_zpsjwdnxc2y.jpg

...Lobster and asparagus risotto - as rich as it looks ! With Danzante Pinot Grigio

DSC05059_zpspkvktq46.jpg

Roasted Orange and Ginger Sorbet

DSC05061_zpsfw5tdrdu.jpg

Served with Grey Goose Vodka gravy

DSC05062_zpswawhadb0.jpg

Flame on flambe

DSC05064_zpseyo7iv7h.jpg

See the flambe video here :

And Executive Chef Naveen served as his own Saucier !

DSC05070_zps9weztim7.jpg

With the steak cooking complete , it was time for the second meat course : Dijon crusted Roast Rack of Lamb .

DSC05073_zpsjz7vomf1.jpg

Enjoy !!

DSC05076_zpsh051ico6.jpg

And don't forget the wine - Zeni Amarone Classico

DSC05077_zpsumimdfa4.jpg

With the meat course eaten and enjoyed , we were beginning to feel very full and content . The cheese course was a Baked Camembert De Meaux . And save some room for dessert !

DSC05083_zpsyvpyqvp6.jpg

And with dessert , a dessert wine : A late harvest Sauvignon Blanc .

DSC05088_zpsenuequgg.jpg

4 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

We've been to those places multiple times and enjoyed them all so hope you do too!  Never been on the Regal, but have been on the Royal several times, including an EB TA, so nice to see what the Regal looks like (slightly different from the Royal).

It will our 1st trip to Greenland so we're really looking forward to that one .

Dessert was a chocolate mousse with a milk chocolate shell .

DSC05090_zpszxjqhyhb.jpg

Extra yummy !

DSC05093_zpskqkkdiii.jpg

Also , a choice of gourmandises .

DSC05094-001_zpsaoqsftlp.jpg

I settled for an overdressed , out of focus , strawberry ( it must have been the wine ! ) .

DSC05095_zpsoujtbhc5.jpg

And lastly , the ladies were presented a rose

DSC05098_zpse4w6ziqx.jpg

And the gentlemen , a 50th anniversary Princess cook book .

DSC05443_zpscqkudi3d.jpg

Pat and Joe,

What an excellent job  sharing  !  Excellent pictures of the Ultimate Chef's dinner ! Is there a different price for people or don't drink wines?   Are we talking about a two or three hour dinner ?

Sali

14 hours ago, voljeep said:

I would need to start that at about 8 in the morning and end about 8 at night … a 12 hour ordeal for that amount of food

the wine , well, I could handle that 😃

who's on the staff in VINES ??

We tried some of each each of the food but could't eat it all . We did drink the wine . Sorry still haven't  been to vines .

13 hours ago, Orangefan said:

Pat and Joe,

What an excellent job  sharing  !  Excellent pictures of the Ultimate Chef's dinner ! Is there a different price for people or don't drink wines?   Are we talking about a two or three hour dinner ?

Sali

Thanks Sali , it was about 3 hours long . Everybody drank the wine pairing so we didn't ask about people who didn't want to drink .

scubacruiserx2; don't you just love the desserts on Princess?  Not only do they look good on the plate; they taste so good too.  Have a great day and keep the pics coming.  This is fun.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

scubacruiserx2; don't you just love the desserts on Princess?  Not only do they look good on the plate; they taste so good too.  Have a great day and keep the pics coming.  This is fun.

We sure do ! Will do and we looking forward to the Azores tomorrow .

With the cooler weather we went to the Lotus Spa early and we were the only ones there

IMG_7300_zpsua7fukzn.jpg

This is the Princess description .

" The Enclave® – The central feature of Princess’ largest-ever thermal suite is the dramatic hydro-therapy pool to help rejuvenate the mind and body with a cascading rain shower and therapeutic air jets in various locations around the pool. Passengers can also choose to relax on heated stone beds or soothing water beds, plus enjoy steam and sauna options using different temperatures, humidity zones, and aroma infusions to offer a sense of rejuvenation. New features include:

The Hammam – A Turkish-style steam bath to enhance well-being, the Hammam’s warm marble slab is a soothing addition to a massage and can be used with clay, mud or salt treatments.

The Caldarium – A feature taken from Roman times, this warm, light steam ceramic chamber offers an infusion of herbal aromas. Walls, floors and seats are heated for a deep penetrating warmth that promotes relaxation.

The Laconium – This warm, dry chamber gradually warms the body to help with purification and detoxification.

Sensory Showers – Passengers can choose from four different experiences: Tropical Rain, Cold Mist, Rain Shower or Siberian Shower, which also include dynamic mood lighting and aromas to enrich the experience. "

I hadn't read the Princess description and so I didn't know what to expect but we found ourselves here , about to find out .

IMG_7302_zps2yhzpfdx.jpg

After exchanging our cards for a wrist bracelet we were supposed to change into bathing suits and get a robe here .

DSC0847220Stitch-001_zpskdsxs0y5.jpg

There is also an over sized shower and bathroom in the changing room . After exiting , I walked down another hall .

DSC08481_zpssegfwocu.jpg

And tentatively taking a seat on one of the " heated stone beds " ( which was quite cold ) , I waited for my wife to arrive to 'show me the ropes' since she had been on the tour of the spa .

DSC08844%20Stitch-001_zpsoikjoek4.jpg

I tried to quite my restless mind while listening to the relaxing music .

• Like 1

With my wife's arrival I began to relax and enjoy her company and surroundings .

DSC0848420Stitch-001_zpswzawlutv.jpg

There are several steam and dry rooms there and we began to treat it like the Banya which we experienced in Russia .

DSC08492_zps1dio7s5e.jpg

Alternating between the different colored showers and various heated rooms .

DSC08840-001_zpsl7oqm0bv.jpg

DSC08489_zpsxjzgips6.jpg

Before taking a plunge in the hydro-therapy pool .

DSC08485_zpsdi0cvkzo.jpg

The fun in the hydro - therapy cranked up when we turned on the bubbles :

So much so that it steamed up the camera

d87929c6-9247-4b08-9207-7cb567d9852d_zpsohcn1eq8.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Dessert was a chocolate mousse with a milk chocolate shell .

DSC05090_zpszxjqhyhb.jpg

Extra yummy !

DSC05093_zpskqkkdiii.jpg

Also , a choice of gourmandises .

DSC05094-001_zpsaoqsftlp.jpg

I settled for an overdressed , out of focus , strawberry ( it must have been the wine ! ) .

DSC05095_zpsoujtbhc5.jpg

And lastly , the ladies were presented a rose

DSC05098_zpse4w6ziqx.jpg

And the gentlemen , a 50th anniversary Princess cook book .

DSC05443_zpscqkudi3d.jpg

The desserts look great. I actually have that Princess culinary book. It was a gift from my friend and travel agent .

Sali

I happy to report it is sunny and in the 60's in Syracuse !!!!!!!   I did 2  1/2 hours of zumba, watched Gov. Cuomo   great daily updates, walked outside for an hour , and sitting down with some iced tea before I move on.

Sali

12 minutes ago, Orangefan said:

I happy to report it is sunny and in the 60's in Syracuse !!!!!!!   I did 2  1/2 hours of zumba, watched Gov. Cuomo   great daily updates, walked outside for an hour , and sitting down with some iced tea before I move on.

Sali

It's in the low 60s here in the Detroit area as well--it was at least that warm last weekend.  Even tho I don't live in NY, I too have been watching Gov. Cuomo's daily updates (also like his brother's show from his basement--even when he still was recovering from COVID).

Also enjoyed your photo tour of the Enclave. I usually get a pass for the thermal suite on the older ships but decided it was too expensive on the Royal and used the sauna and steam room in the spa's restroom/shower room instead.  HAL ships have a similar hydrotherapy pool at a more reasonable cost.

Edited by BarbinMich

1 minute ago, BarbinMich said:

It's in the low 60s here in the Detroit area as well--it was at least that warm last weekend.  Even tho I don't live in NY, I too have been watching Gov. Cuomo's daily updates (also like his brother's show from his basement--even when he still was recovering from COVID).

BarbinMich,

I am glad you like Andrew's news conferences. He gives the facts but also tries to inspire you.  I also listen to the local press conferences on tv at 3 pm here in Syracuse.  County Executive Ryan also does a great job and has a coalition  of 7 bordering counties. We are right in the middle of NYS.  Ryan is very organized, gives the facts, and inspires all of us to keep pace distancing and masks everywhere.  He conferences with the other counties daily and they are finalizing their plans for restarting. They talk to the state officials often and expect to present the documents to Gov hopefully next week.

Sali

1 minute ago, Orangefan said:

BarbinMich,

I am glad you like Andrew's news conferences. He gives the facts but also tries to inspire you.  I also listen to the local press conferences on tv at 3 pm here in Syracuse.  County Executive Ryan also does a great job and has a coalition  of 7 bordering counties. We are right in the middle of NYS.  Ryan is very organized, gives the facts, and inspires all of us to keep pace distancing and masks everywhere.  He conferences with the other counties daily and they are finalizing their plans for restarting. They talk to the state officials often and expect to present the documents to Gov hopefully next week.

Sali

It will be interesting to see what happens in Georgia after it "opened up" today.

1 hour ago, Orangefan said:

Great spa pictures !     I wanted to walk right in one of the rooms. Do you  have excursions planned for Portugal tomorrow ?

Any different activities  today ?

Thanks 

Sali

Thank you . We do have a private tour booked . Today is low key before we get busy tomorrow .