Live virtual Transatlantic on the Regal

scubacruiserx2

Here are some pictures from snowy  Syracuse this morning.  Lucky I am on the cruise with all of you. I did get  to zumba this morning and am heading to IC for coffee and go sit outside on the Lido deck and soak up a little Vitamin D.

By the way scubacruiserx2  what are your first names ?

We will have  to get this group together. 

I am heading for some sunshine  by the pool but will check in later.

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/wintry-time-warp-to-bring-one-of-the-coldest-and-snowiest-april-22-on-record

good morning , this is your neighbor, we have been having such a good time forgot to catch up with you! We bought the drinks and gratuities package with our cruise so we have been busy visiting all the bars on board and haven't been hanging out on the balcony much, the weather is just great not to hot and not to cold. We have really enjoyed the shows (what we remember,lol) but the food has been the best yet! The sea days are fabulous you really get to enjoy the ship and all it has to offer. That's it for now...bloody mary time!

41 minutes ago, Orangefan said:

Here are some pictures from snowy  Syracuse this morning.  Lucky I am on the cruise with all of you. I did get  to zumba this morning and am heading to IC for coffee and go sit outside on the Lido deck and soak up a little Vitamin D.

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/wintry-time-warp-to-bring-one-of-the-coldest-and-snowiest-april-22-on-record

we were there too, it was so much fun and it wasn't all that hot! 

4 hours ago, Orangefan said:

Plenty of sun today and so much warmer than Syracuse . We're Joe and Pat .

3 hours ago, waterbabyfish said:

good morning , this is your neighbor, we have been having such a good time forgot to catch up with you! We bought the drinks and gratuities package with our cruise so we have been busy visiting all the bars on board and haven't been hanging out on the balcony much, the weather is just great not to hot and not to cold. We have really enjoyed the shows (what we remember,lol) but the food has been the best yet! The sea days are fabulous you really get to enjoy the ship and all it has to offer. That's it for now...bloody mary time!

We've never bought the drinks package how is it ? A mixed drink came with the UBD so it was Mr Margarita and Mrs Mojito .

2 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

I'm loving this!!  Great pictures.  We are booked on the Regal for a British Isles cruise in Sept. I hope it works out that we can go.  Have a super good cruise!

Thanks , we did enjoy some of the British Isles last May and it was great .

We don't usually eat at the buffet but we walked by it was't busy . We guess most of the people we out by  the pool so we decided to grab a bite . 

DSC04728_zpswlimiq0a.jpg

DSC04711_zpsakj3g0sv.jpg

I was in the hide and go seek mode for some spicy food for lunch similar to what we had enjoyed on our last TA on the Celebrity Eclipse .

Getting warm

DSC04725_zpsrwtngbfy.jpg

hotter

DSC04714_zpsxiyx9vrw.jpg

red hot !!

DSC04717_zpstin2i79q.jpg

Chicken Tikka Masala , Dal and seafood curry and a window seat ! 😋

When we saw that escargot was on the dinner menu last night we decided to eat there.

DSC08696_zpskujbr7ea.jpg

We both had Escargot ( and Pat had 2 orders )

DSC08697_zpshhtiinkn.jpg

My Beef Wellington was delicious , but Pat's pheasant was a bit overcooked

DSC08698_zpsuuoezlzn.jpg

Dessert was amazing

DSC08699_zpsjamkbx2z.jpg

DSC08701_zpsvq1xnn3l.jpg

• Like 2

We took a few shots of the Crown Grill where there would be a British style pub lunch later

DSC08861%20Stitch-001_zpsab4tlqf5.jpg

DSC08865_zpsfdyiqnah.jpg

IMG_6441_zpsndysqm0v.jpg

The queue as they say in the UK . There is no charge for the lunch but we paid for a couple of beers .

DSC08886_zpsakfblrny.jpg

The witch has landed

DSC08889_zps5ws2oqiz.jpg

Pat's Scotch egg

DSC08890_zpsfvjlyeag.jpg

and Fish and Chips

0edc64f4-046c-492d-92c1-7ae5b65dbe27_zpssoofpuea.jpg

My chicken curry

DSC08891_zpsmtqbxhwa.jpg

and we split a Sherry Triffle

DSC08893_zpshdlxejpt.jpg

Tonight the main event will be The Chef's Table

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, flahagan said:

I am really enjoying these sea days!

So are we we brought a couple of Rick Steves books for planning our next cruise in August . Iceland , Norway and Greenland TA . We also have a Norway cruise after this one .

• Like 1

The Chef's Table . We met the other diners and the Maitre d'Hotel Francisco Patricio , at Bellini's Bar . We then headed down to the galley for a change into white coats and a through hand washing . And moving rapidly through the hot and busy galley ( after all - it was dinner time ) , we met The Executive Chef Naveen Quadros .

DSC05035_zpseox0f6ts.jpg

He conducted the tour and is serving us our first hors d'oeuvre , Blue Crab and Shrimp Margarita with Avocado and Mango

DSC05040_zps2om4r56y.jpg

Next up , Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna Tartare with Wasabi and Pickled Ginger

DSC05048_zps5xbegoec.jpg

The third appetizer was Roasted New Potatoes with Sour Cream and Osetra Caviar

DSC05052_zpscup7pxlc.jpg

And then came an amazing Bistro Fontina Cheese Mini Tartlet and Black Truffle !

DSC05049_zpscpikuj2t.jpg

17 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

So are we we brought a couple of Rick Steves books for planning our next cruise in August . Iceland , Norway and Greenland TA . We also have a Norway cruise after this one .

We've been to those places multiple times and enjoyed them all so hope you do too!  Never been on the Regal, but have been on the Royal several times, including an EB TA, so nice to see what the Regal looks like (slightly different from the Royal).

Edited by BarbinMich

Our last hors D'oeuvres was a Breaded Brie Lollipop and Port Wine and Plum Reduction for dipping .

DSC05050-001_zpsjibxyjh9.jpg

A look at some edible art

DSC05043_zps3pggrz1b.jpg

DSC05044_zpstvy62x9c.jpg

A Carmen Miranda seahorse sculpture

DSC05045_zpsivvfkiyf.jpg

I was glad to see that the galley part of the tour was ending as juggling a camera , food and a bottomless flute of champagne was taxing my abilities .

And with the galley part of the tour over it was time to move out to the dining area . As we were seated , our menus were waiting for us .

2111e958-af20-434d-bf8d-441bfbedca22_zpsqep2wmex.jpg

f5b2c153-0d7e-4813-8868-70118968437b_zps3cq8dfio.jpg

It was now time for some serious eating !