First time on Oasis - what do I need to NOT miss??

Hey all! Sure hoping my cruise goes, going to plan as if it will! My crew: me, and three boys (18, 16, 15) plus my sister and her crew: hubby and kids (17, 18, 20). What do I not want to miss? What are your favorite things? We have done RCCL before, but not this ship. Booked a Boardwalk Balcony - cannot wait to go! Thank you so much!

6 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Park cafe at 7am.  Get some breakfast and sit outside and enjoy Central Park before the ship gets busy.  So peaceful.

I love the ship early in the morning before the masses get up. Hopefully, they never realize what they are missing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love the ship early in the morning before the masses get up. Hopefully, they never realize what they are missing.

My favorite time of the day by far.  I am an early bird, so I go workout at 6AM before my wife and 9 and 5 year old are up.  Then head to Park Cafe, get a chocolate milk, and just sit and read till the kids wake up.

How I miss cruising,  😞

• Like 2

Makes me want to book myself reading thru these. Breakfast service gets kinda slow in the hamburger p,ace so I only did it a few times, but yes it's free for breakfast and it's really good. Be sure to get a order of the has browns. City park cafe for lunch, has salads made to order and bags of chips, get extra chips for later on. Cookies in the promenade oh so good. Best eats of any ship and the shows were all top notch. We also made reservations for the character breakfast though when I posted we went and enjoyed it I got some push back I should have left it for the kids. I'm a big kid and equally enjoyed it. I guess they still do it? Idk

I loved oasis so much I did it twice.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

Another vote for the aqua show. Be sure to book it for as early in the cruise as you can because it is very dependent on the weather and can often be cancelled. When that happens they reschedule for later in the cruise. 

Also the ice skating show should not be missed. 

And then there's the running track on deck five. Great for runners (no having to dodge loungers up on the pool deck) and non-runners too (there are a few deck chairs right at the back of the ship with an amazing view of the wake).

Edited by FionaMG

We really enjoy all of the Oasis class ships.  The entertainment is wonderful!  If you aren't in a suite, reserve all of your entertainment in advance.  Also, while all of the included food is very good- treat yourself to a few specialty dinners.  We also reserve lessons on the wave runner before the cruise for kids-  They usually love it.  We take the all inclusive drink packages and find them worthwhile-

So much to do on the ship- it is truly a great experience.  We had to cancel our August Oasis cruise due to this virus, and are looking forward to cruising on her again in January!  Hope the world is in a much better place by then!

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

The art!  Most of it is fabulous and a must-see.  

I took a free art tour with one of the curators and it was one of the best things I have ever done on a ship.   

Also, Central Park is lovely and peaceful, particularly after dinner when all the subtle lighting is on.  I also did a free horticulture talk/tour that was so interesting.

If you don't have reservations for the water show in the Aqua Theater (or just want to watch it again) there is an observation deck on Deck 7 which overlooks the show. There are stairs aft on Deck 6 to access the area. We actually enjoyed the show better from their than in the reserved seats as you don't have to strain your neck by looking up.

Also if you like Jazz we enjoyed the Jazz Club on Deck 4. It was never crowded and is a nice small venue with plush chairs and couches to get away from all the crowds and enjoy a drink and some great jazz.

Edited by blueridgemama
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Watch CATS from the lower section on the aisle. 🐱

Agree. We sat on the isle in the right center area and got an up close and personal visit from a cat😊 Also by sitting up close you really get to appreciate the makeup and costumes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 5:22 AM, FionaMG said:

Another vote for the aqua show. Be sure to book it for as early in the cruise as you can because it is very dependent on the weather and can often be cancelled. When that happens they reschedule for later in the cruise. 

Also the ice skating show should not be missed. 

And then there's the running track on deck five. Great for runners (no having to dodge loungers up on the pool deck) and non-runners too (there are a few deck chairs right at the back of the ship with an amazing view of the wake).

Depending on where your balcony is on the boardwalk, you may be able to see the aqua show from your balcony.

Loved almost everything on the ship- except CATs IMO is a stinker.  Didn't like it on broadway either-  We are going again on the Oasis.  If the show was, chicago, grease, mamma mia- or anything else we would enjoy.  Loved Hairspray on the ships also.  Going on the Oasis again in January- will not see cats.  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Haha 1