Princess at Home Health and Safety Update Email

ew101

1 hour ago, mpk said:

They need to figure out how it seemed to spread easily on Diamond and others.  Maybe there is something unexpected in the air system, or perhaps a different issue altogether.

The Wikipedia entry says the infection on the Diamond was early and unexpected and the quarantine was not well managed.    The lack of HEPA (3 microns) filters was mentioned but this is key: https://www.businessinsider.com/diamond-princess-coronavirus-outbreak-investigation-food-workers-2020-3  -15 of the 20 first infections were in food service workers.  

The more recent experience on Holland America suggests infection on a ship more recently is not universal which it would be via aerosol /ventilation spread.  

I do have nurse friend who is supporting the aerosol theory.  

Edited by ew101

6 hours ago, mpk said:

They need to figure out how it seemed to spread easily on Diamond and others.  Maybe there is something unexpected in the air system, or perhaps a different issue altogether.

When the Diamond set sail on that cruise, it had not been known yet that a passenger on the previous segment was diagnosed with Covid-19 several days after disembarking the ship. Since he had been contagious before having symptoms while on his cruise, he infected others on his cruise in the normal course of daily activities.

For that fateful Diamond cruise, there were a number of B2B passengers who apparently became infected on the earlier segment. Again, in the normal course of daily activities they spread the infection to others on the new segment. By the time Princess learned about the earlier passenger's Covid-19 diagnosis and confined all passengers to their cabins, it was too late to prevent any spreading of the virus.

However, there has been no indications I have seen that the virus spread once passengers were confined to their cabins.

It took a while to get testing going and there was no early mass testing. As tests were made and  results slowly came back, there were positives and each day as more test results came back, there were more positives. This was not an indication that the virus was still spreading. It was an indication of how slow initial testing was done and how slowly the results came back.

Thus the ever increasing numbers of reported positives were not due to additional spread, just the result of newly reported initial test results.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crystabel said:

FInally, today when log into Princess, the Health Advisory has eliminated III on page 2. Why do some people get the latest updates sooner than others? Inquiring minds want to know. 

It seems to be a cache problem in the browsers. I ran into it myself. My browser saw the request to display a file that I had already reviewed. It simply displayed the old one that was saved in the cache. Once you clear the cache, the new file is downloaded.

you can go to settings in your browser and set it to clean your cache out when you close browser;  that way when you open up browser it will have the newest info on the website.  You shouldn't have any old info on any from any  website you've previously visited.  Hope this helps.

On 4/22/2020 at 12:08 AM, ew101 said:

I just got an email from Princess, campaign PF0MS080- here is a URL I found- the one I got was personalized to me    There are three smiling onboard crew photos- including the medical department- none are wearing masks.  Does anyone else find this bizarre and surreal?   Princess today rules the global public health doghouse.  The last time I checked COVID-19 spreads via droplets to receptors in your throat.  The message to me is they have no idea what they are doing.

What I found entertaining was:

"Our team of medical experts is actively developing a comprehensive set of new health protocols to be enacted on all Princess ships when sailing resumes. "

These are the same folks who managed to transship crew and make other errors spreading the virus across more princess ships

that any other line.

I don't think I will be looking forward to the new protocols from that team with great anticipation.

The email message is here:

https://milled.com/princess-cruises/important-health-and-safety-updates-inside-wE8j4nOtQkZ8k537

On the other hand, it is marketings job to get people to book cruises...

On the fourth hand:

"We’re constantly monitoring the global health map and cancelling or modifying itineraries to impacted areas.  "

...what destinations are left?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

...what destinations are left?

We have a cart and horse problem.  You need a (foreign) port who will take you for a meaningful visit (i.e. get off the ship) and a (US) port you can leave from and come back to even if you have an outbreak.   And we will need a new onboard product that meets the CDC guidelines and breaks every "rule" of the modern cruise industry.   Passengers will hate wearing masks.  Crew in individual inside cabins etc.   

My money is on Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line and Freeport or one of the lines and a private island to pull this off on the foreign port side.  Someplace like Costa Maya could be fenced off and run by ship staff, but has minimal medical facilities- but the "hospital ship" idea could help.  I wonder which US cruise port will take us?

I do have to smile here- the buffet- which is certainly IMHO a villain in the spread of Noro can be helpful here under COVID-19- grab and go /take out seems safe enough.  

I would want to be on an older ship with lots of open decks and not be indoors sharing air.  

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 4:56 AM, ew101 said:

Passengers will hate wearing masks.  Crew in individual inside cabins etc.   

Not all passengers...Some of us locally, where masking is mandatory at all indoor locations other than our own homes, and outdoors where you cannot maintain social distancing of six feet, are ,alomg ,asls fim:

We're looking for nice patterns for cloth masks, accessorizng with our clothing, etc.

In other words, if you have to wear them, enjoy them; if you can't beat 'em, join 'em

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jwattle said:

Not all passengers...Some of us locally, where masking is mandatory at all indoor locations other than our own homes, and outdoors where you cannot maintain social distancing of six feet, are ,alomg ,asls fim:

We're looking for nice patterns for cloth masks, accessorizng with our clothing, etc.

In other words, if you have to wear them, enjoy them; if you can't beat 'em, join 'em

DW made some nice designer ones for us to gp shopping with. I'm thinking maybe some seawitch logo ones for our cruise apparel will be in order. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:58 AM, jwattle said:

With the very high airline luggage fees, I'm not bring a special mask for formal night.

If it is a problem, I can eat in the lido...

I have recently see a lot of custom photo printing on cloth, with the cloth then

sewn into a mask.

So, I'm sure something formal could be created...