Voucher Value if your cruise gets canceled?

9 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

If RCI cancels a cruise, I know you can get either a refund or a voucher. I've heard the voucher is worth more than what you paid. How much extra is it worth?

If everything stays the same the FCC (Future Cruise Credit) will be at 125% of the cruise cost. They may change that by the time your cruise gets cancelled but these have been the past 3 offers for cancellations. 

Edited by figment7
spelling
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

If RCI cancels a cruise, I know you can get either a refund or a voucher. I've heard the voucher is worth more than what you paid. How much extra is it worth?

It's worth 125% of cruise fare only. Note not including taxes and fees.

And though it can be applied to a future booked cruise, not to the deposit you already paid which got changed along the way. Just to the balance. Any remaining fcc has to be reissued, cant be used say on each of 2 legs of a b2b. Lots of ifs ands and buts to me. I was going to get 2 fccs but elected to get 2nd one refunded when I had to make a deposit to hold a new cruise, but then after the fcc got reissued couldnt be used against the deposit. It just didnt work out how I planned it originally.

4 hours ago, figment7 said:

If everything stays the same the FCC (Future Cruise Credit) will be at 125% of the cruise cost. They may change that by the time your cruise gets cancelled but these have been the past 3 offers for cancellations. 

No, it's back down to 100% of the original cruise value.

1 minute ago, johnjen said:

No, it's back down to 100% of the original cruise value.

If RCCL cancels its 125%, if you cancel its 100% (under cruise with confidence)  poster asked what happened if RCI cancels hence the 125%. From RCL from latest cancellation period up until June 11th. "As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by April 30th, 2022. Please re-book using your FCC by December 31, 2021."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, figment7 said:

If RCCL cancels its 125%, if you cancel its 100% (under cruise with confidence)  poster asked what happened if RCI cancels hence the 125%. From RCL from latest cancellation period up until June 11th. "As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by April 30th, 2022. Please re-book using your FCC by December 31, 2021."

I was told just last week it's no longer 125% unless they've brought it back? Either way, people just want their money back in a full refund because the FCC is loaded with surprises - say for example, you book a future cruise and use the credit. Let's say the cruise you booked, which was cancelled, was slightly over 7 grand. Let's now say, you're FCC is used but the future cruise has a face value of just 5 grand. Where's the remaining 2 grand?

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

I was told just last week it's no longer 125% unless they've brought it back? Either way, people just want their money back in a full refund because the FCC is loaded with surprises - say for example, you book a future cruise and use the credit. Let's say the cruise you booked, which was cancelled, was slightly over 7 grand. Let's now say, you're FCC is used but the future cruise has a face value of just 5 grand. Where's the remaining 2 grand?

Did RCL cancel your cruise or did you cancel? If RCL cancels, I just cancelled like 5 days ago and I was offered the 125%, I turned it down partially to what you talked about being issues. If you want the 125% even on their website currently it talks about RCL canceled cruises are eligible so you can call I am sure and switch to FCC vs refund.  I am not sure about the 2k left over if its attached to a new FCC or if there is residual value etc. I didnt like the pricing I saw for my same cruise next year so just going to wait some things out and see when things even out. 

Nothing has changed. If you cancel under the CWC program you will receive 100% FCC. If RC cancels your cruise you will get the option to choice 125% FCC or 100% cash refund. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you do not use all of the FCC the remaining amount is issued as a new FCC once the cruise that you booked with the FCC is completed. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It's worth 125% of cruise fare only. Note not including taxes and fees.

And though it can be applied to a future booked cruise, not to the deposit you already paid which got changed along the way. Just to the balance. Any remaining fcc has to be reissued, cant be used say on each of 2 legs of a b2b. Lots of ifs ands and buts to me. I was going to get 2 fccs but elected to get 2nd one refunded when I had to make a deposit to hold a new cruise, but then after the fcc got reissued couldnt be used against the deposit. It just didnt work out how I planned it originally.

Correct that the deposit can’t be applied to the deposit however the deposit can be reallocated to pay for taxes and fees, prepaid gratuities, insurance and transfers which have to be paid and cannot have an FCC applied to these amounts as they were refunded from the prior cruise.  Just the taxes and gratuities usually adds up to more than the deposit.  (Doesn’t work as well for solos in some situations) 

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you do not use all of the FCC the remaining amount is issued as a new FCC once the cruise that you booked with the FCC is completed. 

Do you know what the turnaround time is to get the next FCC after completing the first cruise?

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Do you know what the turnaround time is to get the next FCC after completing the first cruise?

I was told that if you had another cruise with final payment approaching they could have it ready in 2 weeks.  Not sure I’d cut it that close though. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, klfrodo said:

and if Royal goes into Administration (or Chapter 11 here in the US) for reorganization, the vouchers will have either 0 value or whatever value the court determines.

smart money is to get refund. If cruise line don't sail again your payment is gone as you would be deem an unsecured creditor

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:33 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks....and thanks to all for clearing this up for me. Very confusing times aren't they? While I feel bad for the company, I also feel bad for the customers as well who have to wait 90 days or longer for a full refund. That alone, is causing some concerns for cruisers on cancelled cruises; my DD being one of them - far as we are concerned though, it's money we can wait on I imagine...no complaints from us because I know what the line is going through.

• Like 1