Doctors Note for 70+ Year Olds is History

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What are your thoughts on that?

No, CC is NOT an independent reliable source. They are a source, just not an independent reliable source. CC has money in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The article written by Cruise Critic neglected a critical statement that is in the Coronavirus Update on LoyaltoYouAlways....RCI's website for travel agents.....and presented by Vicki Freed yesterday in a webinar. 

What it says in the update is "We know that our 70+ guests and those with chronic conditions are especially eager to understand what cruising will look like in the future. While subject to change, via the Cruise Line International Association (CLIA), we have confirmed that the previous restriction requiring a doctor’s note was lifted in early April after cruise lines suspended service."

I'm hopeful that a Dr's note won't be required but also know that, at this time, no one really knows what could be required when ships start to sail again.  

Coronavirus Update

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

There were 2 threads in this yesterday when it was announced and yes it is legitimate.  At least one thread was deleted for some reason.

it was announced during a TA webinar by the SVP Sales for Royal. Also no restrictions on preexisting conditions.  

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The cynic in me thinks that the cruiselines ganged up on CLIA to pull the requirement so folks with health issues and older ones will keep on booking.

Good PR move too.  Now over 70s may take an FCC, book more cruises not ask for refunds. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, jndsilver31 said:

i am over 70, we cancelled our april 26th cruise on oasis and within a couple of hours booked symphony of the seas for october 2021. i cancelled the april  cruise because i knew my cardiologist would not sign a letter.

Would you report your cardiac issues if asked on a questionnaire before boarding?

Asking for a friend 

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Would you report your cardiac issues if asked on a questionnaire before boarding?

Asking for a friend 

Isn't it time for your friend to join C.C. himself?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, jndsilver31 said:

i am over 70, we cancelled our april 26th cruise on oasis and within a couple of hours booked symphony of the seas for october 2021. i cancelled the april  cruise because i knew my cardiologist would not sign a letter.

He could sign a note to attest to your state of health at the moment that he examined you, but RCCL is asking him to look into the future too and assure them you won't have any problems once onboard!  This requirement had nothing to do with keeping you or the crew safe, it was purely to shift liability from them if you did get ill. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ll ask them....

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Maybe it’s a her. 

I considered that but using a gender neutral pronoun would have resulted in a gramatically incorrect question. I get tired of writing him/her self.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Them implies more than one, or perhaps multiple personalities.

I believe that "them" is one of the half-dozen or so new non-binary genders, along with their, they, hir, zi..... (not making this up, those are not typos').

I might have gone off-topic......carry on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I believe that "them" is one of the half-dozen or so new non-binary genders, along with their, they, hir, zi..... (not making this up, those are not typos').

I might have gone off-topic......carry on.

I suppose this is not the time for a post on X and Y chromosomes?

• Haha 1