Time for NCLH financial-related posts?

And the entrance to Pacific Rim (love it but it isn't the prayer wheel).  Here is Splendor:

image.png.b4568cec573e1bec38695c0eb7658fdf.png

And here is another view of Explorer's prayer wheel (each wheel moves and has sayings on them):

image.png.d4b250b87ba31cba9fe5c50be27c1a4f.png

Our first Splendor cruise was cancelled so we won't sail on her until next year.  These are just observations based on photos.  I do not recall how expensive (or heavy) the prayer wheel was but it is original and amazingly beautiful.  I suspect that the dragon was considerably less heavy and expensive but it lovely.

48 minutes ago, greykitty said:

Not NCLH, but perhaps reorgs starting to happen over at CCL?  Seabourn and HAL presidents announce departures yesterday.  Forgive me if already discussed over here.

I did read about that, however, I feel that CCL is in a lot more trouble than NCLH in terms of how things were handled when they had coronavirus onboard some of their brands.  As things stand now, I do not see the CEO/Presidents of Regent, Oceania or NCL stepping down (and it was the CEO of NCLH that was instrumental in getting the investments to keep the company going for the next 18 months (longer if they resume sailing).  Obviously, just my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

I did read about that, however, I feel that CCL is in a lot more trouble than NCLH in terms of how things were handled when they had coronavirus onboard some of their brands.  As things stand now, I do not see the CEO/Presidents of Regent, Oceania or NCL stepping down (and it was the CEO of NCLH that was instrumental in getting the investments to keep the company going for the next 18 months (longer if they resume sailing).  Obviously, just my opinion.

In all honesty, I do think all the lines will see some sort of restructurings, small or large,  just in the nature of economic challenges facing them all. And possibly movement of executives from line to line as they may be recruited to deal with probably the biggest challenge of their careers.  Not sure what sort of non-compete contracts exist in this industry.

But, I just thought the CCL announcements were interesting in timing and what they did not say, as well as what they did say.  CCL is still, to the general public, the 800 pound gorilla in the room and what happens with them, I think, tends to spill over to others in the industry.

Obviously not directly related, but United Airlines abandoned their bond offering a few days ago - I'd guess they'll take another run at it to see if they can get less expensive terms.  IMO, there's money out there but it's not coming cheaply for a lot of industries.

https://www.ft.com/content/5a403910-46d5-473b-9b84-6ec60fdc2104

On 5/13/2020 at 12:07 PM, Travelcat2 said:

As things stand now, I do not see the CEO/Presidents of Regent, Oceania or NCL stepping down (and it was the CEO of NCLH that was instrumental in getting the investments to keep the company going for the next 18 months (longer if they resume sailing).  Obviously, just my opinion.

I have to agree.  I think NCLH will pull through, painfully and slowly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

NCLH new SEC filing - 

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings announced in a regulatory filing that it had amended the credit facilities secured by Seven Seas Explorer, Seven Seas Splendor, Riviera, Marina, Leonardo One and Leonardo Two to defer amortization with respect to certain of the debt outstanding under the agreements.

appears to increase liquidity through March 2021.

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/node/13021/html

Some may consider way off topic, but CCL's second quarter earnings report missed estimates by quite a bit, and they're currently in the process of disposing of six ships. Losses weren't unexpected, but this looks like a bigger hit than expected.   Suspect RCL and NCLH's Q2 reports will provide a wild ride as well.  I believe CCL will have its earnings call on June 21

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/carnival-ccl-stock-second-quarter-earnings-revenue

Another article is below. One quote stood out for me—Still, in a research note Thursday, analyst Timothy Conder of Wells Fargo wrote that he expects Carnival to “imminently look to raise an additional $4-$5 [billion] of capital to take the company through [fiscal year 2021] under a “No Sail” order in which it’s burning about $650 million a month.

Evidently, Carnival needs to raise additional funds very soon. The last round of capital raising is only a month old and they already need additional money. The last round also required them to pay exceedingly high interest rates to secure the funds. This would not inspire a lot of confidence. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/articles/carnival-loses-more-than-expected-amid-sailing-ban-cruise-stocks-are-sliding-51592486177

• Like 1