Time for NCLH financial-related posts?

28 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

To those discussing the need for the 8k filing before a prospectus, be aware that a prospectus also was filed today.

Exactly. They are  in the process of and will complete a huge financing

I’m sorry to have missed the last couple pages since my last post. I pretty much agree with greykitty’s posts. I get the impression greykitty was/is an auditor as well.

Almost all public companies will need to file their first quarter’s financial statements with the SEC in the next week or so. It will be interesting indeed to see how many also have going concern opinions. NCLH went early since they filed a prospectus yesterday that included their December 2019 financial statements that are now outdated due to coronavirus so some combination of management and their attorneys, underwriters and auditors insisted on the going concern language. 

1 hour ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

I’m sorry to have missed the last couple pages since my last post. I pretty much agree with greykitty’s posts. I get the impression greykitty was/is an auditor as well.

Almost all public companies will need to file their first quarter’s financial statements with the SEC in the next week or so. It will be interesting indeed to see how many also have going concern opinions. NCLH went early since they filed a prospectus yesterday that included their December 2019 financial statements that are now outdated due to coronavirus so some combination of management and their attorneys, underwriters and auditors insisted on the going concern language. 

CruiserfromMaine, while I wish I could say I was a CPA/auditor, I am not.  However, I did work for one of the Big 4 (8 back then) for 40 years, retiring only recently, and I can truly say that all in all my colleagues were and are some of the most honorable, ethical, smartest people I ever met.  And, you can't help but learn a fair amount just being associated with them - I can even follow some actuarial discussions if I try really hard!  I've learned to value the opinions, and work ethos, of auditors very highly.  

But, yes, that background does form the lens I look at many things with.  Independence, evaluation of all the plus's and minus's, long term vs short term, etc.  Certain things just jump out even at me.  I suppose if I came from the hospitality industry, other aspects would wave at me.  And I've seen a lot of posts on CC forums from people in the restaurant/meat industries carrying on a spirited debate on the quality of meat chosen by various lines which went far beyond anything I've ever thought of regarding dinner.

In any event, NCLH issued a press release saying they raised $2 billion of liquidity this morning. I think I saw the stock pricing somewhere - I'll have to look again.  That was under the shelf statement released yesterday.  I remember thinking it wasn't overly 'cheap' money, but, again, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and hope for the best.

Oh, I also want to say I thought I saw NCLH was going to postpone first quarter results, which I don't think is unexpected.  But, I agree with CruiserfromMaine, those quarterly releases in so many industries are likely to contain a lot of concerning verbiage - which also is not unexpected, IMO.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-successfully-secures-over-2-billion-of-additional-liquidity-in-oversubscribed-capital-markets-transactions-2020-05-06

20 hours ago, CBWIR said:

The predicate of the going concern was if they are not able to raise the $2billion. Typical boilerplate language. Goldman Sachs would not be bringing it to market unless they were confident they could raise the entire amount. Give it a week or two and if they are unable to raise the funds, then start to worry. If they raise the funds, then the smart money is saying they will survive.

You and I do not agree often but I want. to thank you for your posts on this topic.  They have been very helpful.  Thankfully, I just read that NCLH did raise $2B this morning!

greykitty - Thank you for being so respectful of requests to keep this topic separate from others.  It is appreciated!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, greykitty said:

Patience is a virture.  This is great news after yesterday's "going concern" filings.  I have growing confidence NCLH will now weather this storm. 

• Like 1

One thing I'm keeping in mind- while NCLH has gained themselves some liquidity (at a price, I think), I'm still going to be watching their longer-term financial strength, and I do expect fairly significant restructuring.  It's still not all rainbows and lollipops in my eyes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, greykitty said:

One thing I'm keeping in mind- while NCLH has gained themselves some liquidity (at a price, I think), I'm still going to be watching their longer-term financial strength, and I do expect fairly significant restructuring.  It's still not all rainbows and lollipops in my eyes.

Key words...  "at a price".  Agree we'll all be watching for how NCLH adjusts its operations in order to pay for this financing.  Having worked for a major corporation in financial/cost analysis, I'm sure we'll see some cost cutting.  Hopefully the Regent onboard experience is not negatively impacted too much. 

• Like 2

CBWIR, Pcardad and Greykitty.  Your postings were absolutely the best. Experience, knowledge, and a clear eye brought lucidity and hope amongst all the random postings.

Thanks to you 🎉

• Like 1

Bissel, thanks for your kind words.  While I still don't feel particularly sanguine about NCLH's future, I do hope the crew, and those customers with significant funds tied up in its future, find some good news down the road.

2 hours ago, bissel said:

CBWIR, Pcardad and Greykitty.  Your postings were absolutely the best. Experience, knowledge, and a clear eye brought lucidity and hope amongst all the random postings.

Thanks to you 🎉

Thank you. I'll just reiterate that the "going concern" language was perfunctory, it has been removed, PWC was not fired,  and patience is a virtue. And I will  stick to the facts and not speculate on what the new PE investment will require.

I guess no apology is forthcoming.

Edited by CBWIR
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, CBWIR said:

Thank you. I'll just reiterate that the "going concern" language was perfunctory, it has been removed, PWC was not fired,  and patience is a virtue. And I will  stick to the facts and not speculate on what the new PE investment will require.

I guess no apology is forthcoming.

We are on exactly the same page.

• Like 1

But on a simple level what are the chances we will receive the thousands of dollars for the cruise we missed? ??

On top of that we had the monies refunded for the travel insurance we had on the cancelled cruise.  Never dreamed we might not get the money back from our much loved Regent cruise line.  And one week  ago we cancelled the Platinum card we used to purchase the cruise.

No idea why you are worried - NCLH now has $3B+ in liquid funds and is still churning out refunds. Not one has been beyond the 90 days or defaulted on. 

No idea about travel insurance but any good company should allow you to reuse it in the future as per the terms of your contract.

If the credit card used to purchase the trip shows invalid, your TA will get in touch with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Eager2Travel said:

Thanks Pcardad.  I didn’t realize anyone had gotten a full refund for a Regent cancelled cruise.  We were to depart April 29 and Regent cancelled cruise March 13.   Am Ex reassured me they would send me a check if funds came in.  I didn’t realize the card would show up as invalid.  Our renewal came up at a bad time.  

Edited by Eager2Travel
Mistake

5 minutes ago, Eager2Travel said:

In my opinion, there is 100% chance that you will receive your money within the 90 days.  However, it typically would go back onto the credit card that you used to book the cruise so there could be an issue there.  I wonder what Regent would do it they put it back on a now-canceled credit card.  I would have your TA ask Regent since they have representatives within Regent that "us" normal folks don't have!

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eager2Travel said:

Thanks Pcardad.  I didn’t realize anyone had gotten a full refund for a Regent cancelled cruise.  We were to depart April 29 and Regent cancelled cruise March 13.   Am Ex reassured me they would send me a check if funds came in.  I didn’t realize the card would show up as invalid.  Our renewal came up at a bad time.  

I doubt your situation is unsual ( getting a credit after you've canceled the card). I would call Am Ex and ask how do they handle a situation like yours. I wouldnt be waiting to get a call from my TA

• Like 1

I did call am ex.  They said that if a refund came back they would send us a check.  What made me uncertain was Pcardad saying Regent would receive an invalid notification for the account.  

I haven’t seen where anyone has received their refund from a Regent cancelled cruise.  Silly me I still daydream about taking the October cruise we have booked.

5 minutes ago, Eager2Travel said:

I did call am ex.  They said that if a refund came back they would send us a check.  What made me uncertain was Pcardad saying Regent would receive an invalid notification for the account.  

I haven’t seen where anyone has received their refund from a Regent cancelled cruise.  Silly me I still daydream about taking the October cruise we have booked.

There are some people on this thread that have received their refunds.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bissel said:

Thanks to you 🎉

Couldn’t agree more with your thanks to the above 3 posters. 
Certainly makes a huge difference having such knowledgable posters giving accurate information.

Thanks to all,  Jean.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eager2Travel said:

Don't let it concern you. If a credit is placed on a credit card and it is rejected it comes up on a report and a call gets made to the point of contact on the account seeking a new card number. I know because I just went through this with a client 2 weeks ago. But please, if I may clarify, very often a credit will come back onto a credit card even if the card has been closed recently.

• Like 1