Princess Cancels Remainder of Summer Season

louden

21 hours ago, nini said:

Wow... now to see if this creeps into September. Technically, Summer goes to

Sept. 22 (Summer Equinox).

I especially feel so sad for all of the staff.

Autumnal Equinox is Sept 22,  the Summer Solstice is June 20

17 hours ago, Saukkey1 said:

So one of the options is get twice the deposit. Can someone clarify this for me? My deposit was a penny. However, I paid several thousands in gift cards. So do I get double what I’ve paid or just double the base deposit? Thank you!

I just confirmed that the total amount paid into the cruise would be doubled, not just the deposit.

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

The list also includes the Pacific Princess French Polynesia cruises from mid-September through November.

So it does. Mea culpa. I didn't notice there was more than one page to the list. A couple of Island Princess and one Enchanted Princess November sailings too.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

52 minutes ago, mammajamma2013 said:

I just confirmed that the total amount paid into the cruise would be doubled, not just the deposit.

I was mind blown when I figured that out last night. I'm glad we made the decision to pay more than we normally do before final payment now.

Well of course only after I cancelled our Ruby Princess 7/4/20 Alaska cruise, Princess cancelled that & all other Summer 2020 Alaska cruises. Only had a deposit, but now my travel  agent  said , after checking w/ Princess, that we are ineligible for their bonus double deposit back for FCC. Cancelled day b4 final payment was due. Princess suspended all their cruises the next day. In all just a minor issue but is frustrating. Most important is to STAY SAFE. 

see announcement...

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/global-ship-operations-pause-2020-summer-season.html

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

We are booked on the Ruby for a CA coastal cruise Sept 26th and are expecting cancellation.

I keep wondering where is Princess going to store all of these ships? (!)

Here is a link to the ships in Manila Bay.

7 hours ago, mammajamma2013 said:

6 hours ago, phred119s said:

I was mind blown when I figured that out last night. I'm glad we made the decision to pay more than we normally do before final payment now.

Yes, you got lucky!  But in case you have pre-paid more than half, check the fine print on the 2nd page :  If you paid in full, the FCC is no more than 125% of the base cruise fare.  If you did not pay in full, the FCC (which is the deposit plus bonus FCC combined) will not exceed the base cruise fare.

Sue

21 hours ago, Captain_Morgan said:

If a comment about NCL possibly going bankrupt resulted in a drop of at least 20% in their stock prices despite nothing actually happening to support the claim, I can only imagine what CCL's stock is going to look like this morning with 3 brands cancelling cruises through the majority of the year with more brands likely to follow...

How about NCL officially telling the SEC that it has "substantial doubt" it will be able to continue as a going concern?

Later in the same day they did announce obtaining financing to help them.

22 hours ago, Ginger Pepper Mom said:

Has anyone heard anything about South America cruises on the Coral Princess? Ours is in December. Thanks for any information.

No Coral Princess cruises were listed on the May 6th list of new cancellations

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-extension-remaining-summer-2020.pdf   

18 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I saw the enchanted TA was canceled.

Can someone tell me the original dates for this?

It is no longer on the princess web site.

Thank you.

You can find it on this list

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

No Coral Princess cruises were listed on the May 6th list of new cancellations

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-extension-remaining-summer-2020.pdf   

Hoping that all will be well and we'll be able to sail! Thanks very much for your post.

13 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Now, our concern is will those subsequent sailings actually occur as well. If Princess couldn't make a FP sailing out of PPT happen on Nov 24, what makes you think they'll come through with one departing PPT on Dec 4?

As of today, of the 8 ports from embarkation to disembarkation on that 16 day cruise, at least 7 are currently closed to cruise ships.

So far pricing for that cruise has held steady since last September.

14 hours ago, drowelf said:

I got an email last night about the cancellation on the CB for August. It has an offer to give me an additional 100% FCC if I convert my current deposit into an FCC. I have until 6/15 to make a decision, then if no decision is made, its FCC by default. Seriously thinking about just flipping to the 2021 August Sailing. 

You can call Princess (even if booked with a TA) and ask for the FCC option and if you want, book the 2021 sailing if you wish. You may have to pay a deposit (could use FCD if you have them), but the FCC from the cancelled cruise would be applied to your new booking when the cancellation is processed,

1 hour ago, caribill said:

How about NCL officially telling the SEC that it has "substantial doubt" it will be able to continue as a going concern?

Later in the same day they did announce obtaining financing to help them.

That's well and good saying something which sends ripples through the media, but then totally negating the comments by managing to secure loans / funding to see them through at least 12 months...it all seemed a bit anticlimactic IMO which is not dissimilar in a way to Carnival making their pie in the sky announcements about cruising from 01 August.  Last I checked, one of the tennants of the CDC's no-sail order was that it would remain in place until COVID-19 was no longer a public health concern as lets face it, we've not seen the back of it and won't for the foreseeable future.

14 minutes ago, Captain_Morgan said:

That's well and good saying something which sends ripples through the media, but then totally negating the comments by managing to secure loans / funding to see them through at least 12 months...it all seemed a bit anticlimactic IMO which is not dissimilar in a way to Carnival making their pie in the sky announcements about cruising from 01 August.  Last I checked, one of the tennants of the CDC's no-sail order was that it would remain in place until COVID-19 was no longer a public health concern as lets face it, we've not seen the back of it and won't for the foreseeable future.

Or earlier if cruise lines submitted appropriate plans.

And it only applied to USA ports.

1 minute ago, caribill said:

Or earlier if cruise lines submitted appropriate plans.

And it only applied to USA ports.

Which is exactly where they plan to embark people from....Galveston, Miami, Port Canaveral I believe were those mentioned...and does anyone really think for a second that the Bahamas, Mexico, or any other destinations remotely close are going to welcome thousands of people into their countries with the possibility of further spreading the virus?

I see their move and any others similar as being nothing but an attempt to gain additional revenues for their balance sheet which they will then refund in the form of a cruise credit.

As for cruise lines submitting appropriate plans, they can't even pull their fingers out of their collective backsides long enough to sort the repatriation of crew in US ports because it costs too much!  At the end of the day its $ above all else

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 7:15 PM, cruzsnooze said:

I guess I'm not stating this clearly. I booked a cruise through a big box TA. They make a commission which is none of my business. Out of their commission they give me an OBC which was to have been $900.  Princess cancelled my cruise but is still paying the full commission to the TA. So now the TA gets what they originally planned to receive before they gave me an OBC. The TA big box gets to keep my portion which they never expected to receive. 

As an example:

Cruise $20,000

TA commission $2000

TA gives me $900 OBC

TA keeps $1100

Now TA gets to keep all $2000 because I didn't cruise due to Princess' cancelling 

I think I should get at least a gift card to shop at the big box store which won't even cost them $900 due to their profit margin.

The agreement for you is 900 OBC you never got ON BOARD so it is VOID.

Edited by Fat Albert
delete typo

9 hours ago, caribill said:

You can call Princess (even if booked with a TA) and ask for the FCC option and if you want, book the 2021 sailing if you wish. You may have to pay a deposit (could use FCD if you have them), but the FCC from the cancelled cruise would be applied to your new booking when the cancellation is processed,

Got the full poop from my TA yesterday. We are now booked on the same cruise in 2021. Our deposit from the 2020 will transfer over, although it may take some time. To accommodate the time for the internal bookkeeping what they have done, is set the Deposit Due Date for the 2021 cruise for June 5th. If all is not reconciled by then, they will just push out the due data another 30 days. While it was not explicitly stated, if its still not taken care after 60 days, they will just push it out some more. So I don't have to give Princess any new $$ which was my goal. I'm not about to plunk down more money for a new cruise when they owe me money for an existing cancelled one. 

12 hours ago, SandG said:

Yes, you got lucky!  But in case you have pre-paid more than half, check the fine print on the 2nd page :  If you paid in full, the FCC is no more than 125% of the base cruise fare.  If you did not pay in full, the FCC (which is the deposit plus bonus FCC combined) will not exceed the base cruise fare.

Sue

I read it well. 😁

17 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Strange, because we were told only the deposit is doubled!  We had also later added a FCD and they told me it couldn’t be doubled.  

I started out with FCD and later added some payments. I was told by Princess all would be doubled up to the allowed limit.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

I started out with FCD and later added some payments. I was told by Princess all would be doubled up to the allowed limit.

We did the opposite,  though shouldn’t make a difference the order.   And it was a supervisor tell me it couldn’t be doubled.  So much confusion. Guess we will have to wait and see.  

• 3 weeks later...

I cancelled my Sky September 4th cruise a week before Princess did. I've already gotten the FCC I put on this voyage back!! Just waiting on 4215 on gift cards & Visa. 3 week turnaround for the 1st part! Already applied to a future cruise 🤑