Unable to book anything in August 2020

jp2746

Since Carnival announced that they would be sailing in August from Florida and Texas, I was trying to book one of these departure ports.  However, they are not showing any sailings for August.  I am curious if people who are scheduled out of those ports in August have had their cruise canceled? Did they decided not to go?  I assumed that this was a plan and that they had met the requirements to sail in August, but maybe not.  

Yes, I am trying to get on a ship.  Any ship.  Just push me off the dock in a boat before school starts please.  

• Haha 1

Hummmmm... that's weird.  I just checked again and it shows cruises in June through August.  Maybe there is hope.   We had a back up plan to Aruba and Southwest just canceled those flights.  Hoping Carnival will come through for us!

Thanks!

We are booked for 8/22 on the Horizon. No notification about any change. My reservation is still there and I can add specialty dining etc. Yesterday there were quite a lot of available cabins. Scary that it's missing now on a search. 

1 hour ago, Fivehole said:

Port Canaveral: Breeze 8/1, 8/8, 8/15, 8/29 missing. Elation 8/3 missing. 

Miami: Horizon 8/2, 8/8, 8/22 missing.

and more...

limited ports in august, selling out quickly. 

Edited by seaman11

Noticed earlier that my 8/29 Magic Cruise isn’t listed but I saw other magic cruises before and after it so I figured either it’s sold out or they’re just limiting capacity.

As of last night I think they only had interior and OV available.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

Our cruise on the Breeze is no longer showing up in September, but there is one on the Breeze showing up in August and one in September.  My guess is that they are limiting capacity.  I look at ours on a regular basis to check for price drops.  It has had very few balcony rooms available every time I checked.

When my 8/22 Panorama cruise was cancelled on Monday I immediately booked for the same date on the Horizon. I think with all the cancellations the remaining ships are reaching capacity fast. 

23 minutes ago, chrislo said:

When my 8/22 Panorama cruise was cancelled on Monday I immediately booked for the same date on the Horizon. I think with all the cancellations the remaining ships are reaching capacity fast. 

Hope to see you on the Horizon on 8/22. Fingers crossed!

6 hours ago, cruizinisthebest said:

It's not just August. All 8-day cruises on the Horizon are gone till December. 

I did a check in specifically October on the Horizon since I have a cruise scheduled then.  And you're right, the 6-day cruises are still available, but the 8-day ones (like mine) are gone.  I'm sure it's still listed as booked, so I won't check that.  Hmmmmm... the plot thickens.  I think it's reasonable for Carnival to limit themselves to short cruises in the first few weeks/months, but I'm wondering... did the Dutch say something to Carnival in the last day or two?

Edited by Honolulu Blue

A check this morning shows that there are 15 available itineraries in August.  They are on limited ships sailing from Miami, Galveston, and Port Canaveral only.  The Breeze, Vista, Sensation, Dream, Freedom, Elation, Horizon, and Magic are all sailing. 

My October 8 day Freedom cruise disappeared from the booking engine last night and is still missing this morning.  My booking is still in my Cruise Manager.

The same Freedom itinerary is still listed for 8/29, 9/26, 11/21, and 1/16.  Why delete October?  I'm waiting for a return call from my pvp who I hope has some knowledge.

I remember reading something that Carnival will limit the capacity of the cruises.  This makes sense because then they can space out people better.  I was on one of the last cruises to go, March 9-14th out of NOLA which was spring break.  This cruise was originally sold out but many people cancelled with Corona looming. When we left we could get toilet paper and when we got back the world had fallen into chaos and there was no toilet paper.  It was a small ship but people could space out if needed too due to the amount of cancellations.  I was defiantly not nearly as packed in at muster as I was last year on the same cruise, still not 6 ft between people but not packed in like sardines.  I am sure there are plenty of people that rebooked their Spring and summer cruises for the fall already, so many ships may be already sold out to the reduced capacity. 

Edited by jlabs03

Curious.  Could not find any cruises matching "Galveston" departure point on the second search screen, but it is active as a search parameter on the home page.

Edited by logan25

11 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Curious.  Could not find any cruises matching "Galveston" departure point on the second search screen, but it is active as a search parameter on the home page.

There might be a glitch in their website.  I just searched Galveston for Sept through Nov and the cruises came up and let me start the booking process.  I tried various cruises and dates.  

It may be that the ones prior to August 15 are booked.  I am hoping some pop up with cancellations so I have a chance to book.  I am waiting for RC to cancel and August cruise before I can book.  I don't want to be stuck with two cruises at the same time and be forced into FCC.  

The website has been acting a little screwy. Last night it was telling me that rooms were available on deck 9 and 10 but not for the number of people I selected. I changed the number of people and got the same error. Earlier this morning I got that error for the entire ship. Now its back to normal where I can book. 

Edited by Saint Greg

Hi Everyone. I have been looking at Galveston cruises for Sept. for two days. What I saw was selling out quickly. I booked the last Spa balcony on the Dream for Sept 14th. Either we are all going stir crazy at home or they are limiting the number of passengers. I hope it's the latter.