Royal Custoner service SUCKS

Can not even get through...Spent all morning ..3 different calls..2 to Crown and Anchor  and 1 to regular line and have wasted over 2 1/2 on hold waiting for a rep

Got fed up 

Not a good way to retain a "loyal" (not so sure) customer..

• Like 1

I was on hold yesterday 2 minutes.  Guy answered "welcome to Royal Caribbean best cruise line in the world."   He was very upbeat and pleasant.  Then I had to hold so his supervisor could approve my lift and shift.  He returned several times to apologize and give me an update on how much longer it would be.  

It wasn't too bad.  I guess it depends upon who answers the phone and how bad his/her day has been at that point.   I'd hate to have that job right now.

• Like 7

And this being the start of the "weekend", it may be that way until Monday or Tuesday; or maybe try a "late night" phone call when more people are sleeping. Just a thought. Cheers!!

14 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Can not even get through...Spent all morning ..3 different calls..2 to Crown and Anchor  and 1 to regular line and have wasted over 2 1/2 on hold waiting for a rep

Got fed up 

Lol,you know there is a world wide pandemic right now right? Lmao

• Like 6

Hmm I wonder what could be causing the delay...  Actually I’ve been happy with companies that give the option of returning your call, I’ve done this several times with optimum during all of this. It’s usually a few hours, but I’m not going anywhere.

• Like 2

Luck of the draw. Sometimes  you get someone great and sometimes not so great.  

Today I had a great rep.  Didn't wait too long to get through.  First thing he helped quickly (price drop).  Second question about cruise with confidence question, he put me on hold but wasn't too long.  Last item was concerning Lift and Shift .  He did put me on hold for about 30 min as he had to contact the resolutions department but that was out of his hands.  And very pleasant and patient explaining all. 

But yeah, after 2.5 hrs, I'd be pretty upset too.

• Like 1

I’ve called 3 times this week for re-pricing my currently booked cruises.  Had no wait at all.

Suggest calling after 7 pm ET.  I know how frustrating waiting on hold can be. At the height of cancelled cruises, waited over one hour at least once. 

• Like 1

I called twice this week, once for Lift & Shift and the second time to fix an error on the 'shifted' sailing.  Got through right away, it did take 90 minutes to complete the whole lift and shift due to waiting on a supervisor to approve, but the rep was very pleasant and apologetic that it was taking so long. This was the first day they announced this option and I know they were slammed.  The second call connected right away and took a total of 7 minutes to get my situation resolved completed.  Again, very pleasant rep.  I called middle of the day, pacific coast time.  For the one with a long wait time I expected that, and think everyone should expect that and be pleasantly surprised if it takes less time.  I can only imagine these poor reps who are being told they suck (by some of the 'loyal' cough 'entitled' callers) when they are doing the best that they can, working from home.  

59 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I called twice this week, once for Lift & Shift and the second time to fix an error on the 'shifted' sailing.  Got through right away, it did take 90 minutes to complete the whole lift and shift due to waiting on a supervisor to approve, but the rep was very pleasant and apologetic that it was taking so long. This was the first day they announced this option and I know they were slammed.  The second call connected right away and took a total of 7 minutes to get my situation resolved completed.  Again, very pleasant rep.  I called middle of the day, pacific coast time.  For the one with a long wait time I expected that, and think everyone should expect that and be pleasantly surprised if it takes less time.  I can only imagine these poor reps who are being told they suck (by some of the 'loyal' cough 'entitled' callers) when they are doing the best that they can, working from home.  

Your are right.... This "loyal" cough "entitled" caller should not get FRUSTRATED waiting HOURS and HOURS on hold to upgrade a cabin and hence give royal MORE MONEY.     Good to know that some folks are getting through....as was NOT the case with me.   Glad you can sit on your HIGH HORSE..IRONIC 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Your are right.... This "loyal" cough "entitled" caller should not get FRUSTRATED waiting HOURS and HOURS on hold to upgrade a cabin and hence give royal MORE MONEY.     Good to know that some folks are getting through....as was NOT the case with me.   Glad you can sit on your HIGH HORSE..IRONIC 

I'm saying that when I've spoken with some of these reps, it's been clear that they are being yelled at and treated terribly.  Not their fault and unfortunately it seems that many people don't seem to understand that and take it out on them.  I think for the most part they are doing the best that they can. They are working from home, with not so great connectivity sometimes and then having to relay info to someone else who isn't right there in their house, they are having to message this supervisor or whomever they need to help with this via the same crappy connection.  I understand people's frustration, but to take it out on the reps who answer the phone isn't going to help. You have obviously been unlucky and had to wait longer than most.  You want to upgrade a cabin and give them more money, tons of others are calling to yell at them about why they haven't seen a refund yet when it's not been the 45 days.  Again, I feel bad for people who have been waiting longer than that for a refund and in that case, by all means dispute the charge.  I will say that not long after the last round of cancellations I called to try and do an upgrade and hung up after an hour. I tried again later and got through in 30 minutes. Luck of the draw.  And maybe they should have two numbers, one for 'I want to upgrade and give you more money' and one for 'I want my money back'.  

Edited by rockmom

2 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Got fed up 

Come back and complain when you spend 5.5 hours on hold over 3 days, and then spend 3 weeks trying to get through.  That's when I decided to just wait it out.

3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I was on hold yesterday 2 minutes.  Guy answered "welcome to Royal Caribbean best cruise line in the world."   He was very upbeat and pleasant.  Then I had to hold so his supervisor could approve my lift and shift.  He returned several times to apologize and give me an update on how much longer it would be.  

It wasn't too bad.  I guess it depends upon who answers the phone and how bad his/her day has been at that point.   I'd hate to have that job right now.

Agree. Some it must be certain times, luck. Called today 10th time in 5 weeks usually to C&A, longest waits been 2 minutes. Always been helpful, friendly. Got another reduction today, on Nov2020-Nov2021 now at over $4000 in last 5 weeks. See many Cruise prices in that time frame dropped today... Daughter called 3hrs ago, less then minute got threw for her 2001 Reductions

Edited by ONECRUISER

Called last night around 7pm and there was no wait, rep was very nice and helpful.  Call lasted about 1 hr because I wanted certain information and was put on hold for maybe 5 mins. over the hour.  I know people are having a hard time but it is not their fault, as someone said.  They are working in less than favorable conditions and need to consult with supervisors sometimes.  Give them a break, it is easy for us to judge but one day maybe you will be the one everyone is mad at.

3 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Got fed up 

Simple call the other cruise company and Let us know how long you are on hold and then we can tell you who sucks 🙄

5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I love how most agents answer the phone with that phrase. It’s such a bold act of confidence.

4 hours ago, pcur said:

Come back and complain when you spend 5.5 hours on hold over 3 days, and then spend 3 weeks trying to get through.  That's when I decided to just wait it out.

Almost did that in one day.  On hold with Royal 1 hour this morning then on with the rep another 2 hours (1 lift and shift and 8 price drops for clients) then 2 1/2 hours on hold for Celebrity then another 1 1/2 hour hold with Royal just before dinner.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Almost did that in one day.  On hold with Royal 1 hour this morning then on with the rep another 2 hours (1 lift and shift and 8 price drops for clients) then 2 1/2 hours on hold for Celebrity then another 1 1/2 hour hold with Royal just before dinner.  

I had my TA call for me

Easy, Peasy for me😉

• Haha 1