Specialty Restaurants on Reflection

We just booked two cruises (December 2020 and June 2021) on X Reflection.  Can anyone give me information on the specialty restaurants?  The X website shows a sample menu but no pricing information.   In addition to current prices, please share what your favorite specialty restaurant is and what menu items do you recommend?  

We haven't sailed Celebrity in several years so we're excited to give them a try again!  Thanks.

Greetings! We loved our speciality dining on Reflection....

Choices are...

Murano’s, classic French. Choose items that are flambéed tableside. A more formal meal that will take a few hours, excellent for a special occasion. Our favourites include the filet mignon and sole for mains and the ballon rouge and the Gran Marnier soufflé for dessert.

Tuscan Grill, steak with an Italian twist. Great views from the wake of the ship, nice and relaxing. Favourite for me is the bean soup starter and the rib eye steak. Somehow we are always really full by the time we get to dessert but the pistachio creme brûlée is very nice.

Le Petit Chef. In our experience it is fun rather than fine dining. Worth experiencing once. It is a set menu, we preferred the food and presentation with the original Le Petit Chef rather than the Le Petit Chef and Friends so check which nights each are on.

Lawn Grill. Al Fresco dining. Salad and flatbread starters followed by steaks, Kebabs, fish cooked on the grill. If you want to be hands on you can be and help to make your own. Very relaxed dining, no need to dress up, can be a nice venue when dining as a group although fine just for two. We loved the lamb and vegetable kebabs....by the time we got to the cookie and ice cream dessert we were past eating!

The Porch. Lighter food choices, our favourite was the seafood tower. We only dined here at lunch, hopefully others will comment more on the menu choices.

Sushi on Five. Does have more options than just Sushi, we enjoyed the hot noodle pots. You can pay per item so it can be quite a cheap option for lunch on a sea day when the buffet is busy.

The first 4 restaurants are (I think) $45 each with The Porch At $30 and Sushi a la carte. If you choose a package prices fall significantly. Alternatively you can negotiate on board and pick up some good deals although you may have less choice on time/day. Some guests enjoy the haggle, others prefer the package. On some cruises you can book an ‘Unlimited Package’ with the option to dine in all restaurants as many times as you want. This can be a great option for foodies, especially if you are not planning lots of excursions...Also Top Suites (Signiture and above) have this included, worth considering if any upgrades become available....

If we were to only pick one it would be Murano’s, a real fine dining experience.

We really enjoyed our Reflection cruise. Remember if you have a drinks package you can ask the sommelier to match your wines to your courses, obviously a better selection on the premium package than the classic.

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 3

Access your cruise planner will see prices for pkgs and ind restaurants on there. Reflection has nice choices to try.  I always liked lawn club grille, Muranos is nice and do a great job. Also if you choose not to book any till on board there’s always deals, well use to be anyway. Not sure how all this is going to affect cruising for future yet until they reopen.  I have a cruise on reflection end on nov and watching to see what happens. 

Murano’s is $50 pp, Tuscan & Lawn Grill $45. Le Petit Chef $55pp.  I can’t help with price of the other 2.  As bike runner said check your cruise planner for dining package prices; also in the  Cruise Planner you can book 1 of tge speciality restaurants for the 1st night at a discount.

• Like 1

@chemmo has captured the specialty dining options perfectly.  We love Reflection (and Silhouette) for their extensive specialty dining options.  More than what is offered on the other S class or M class ships.  

We really enjoyed the Lawn Club and ate there twice for the warm chocolate chip cookie dessert.  By far one of my most favorite ways to end a meal.  Sometimes you can get a discount on specialty dining on embarkation day.  So I recommend you check around for that as well.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

@chemmo has captured the specialty dining options perfectly.  We love Reflection (and Silhouette) for their extensive specialty dining options.  More than what is offered on the other S class or M class ships.  

We really loved the additional dining options too...Dining is our main evening entertainment really (along with a few relaxing drinks in nice bars making new friends)...We were also lucky that when were on Reflection we had a RS so unlimited dining options. The Porch at lunchtime was a really nice option just so nice to relax with a light meal and a Sangria. 

We had booked Silhouette this year looking forward again to the additional dining options  but unfortunately it isn’t going to happen but never mind, role on 2021!

• Like 1

We really enjoy the specialty restaurants of the Reflection and Silhouette- our favorite ship specialty restaurants!  We typically are in a suite, but dine almost exclusively in specialty restaurants.  First, for an elegant french service type restaurant, with some prepared at table side is Murano- we like the ambiance and the food very good.  I typically order a grilled lobster tail with chateau briand .  We enjoy the pasta a tuscan grill the italian steak house-  Typically I might order as an appetizer 1/2 portion of pasta and either fish or steak for dinner-  The ribeye is excellent.  We also love the Lawn Grill, perhaps our favorite, Grilled veggies, meat and fish plus a personal pizza appetizer and salad bar.  Yummy.  We also enjoy Le Petite chef.  It is a fun evening with great food.  You actually have a video on your table and plate then the food which is very good is served.  They do have substitutes if you want.  We aren't sushi eaters, so we do not dine in sushi on five.  We also do not eat .  Since my DH will not eat any fish, we do not eat at the porch.  I have however had a burger from the porch which was excellent.  I highly recommend that you take a dining package which will allow you to dine in all at least once.

Enjoy your cruises.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wisconsin Travelers said:

Thanks for all of your comments.  Some of these choices sound spectacular - I'm checking into one of the packages!

Make it easy on yourself. Book a Royal Suite or Penthouse Suite and specialty restaurants are included in your booking. And, I've heard that you get preferential reservations, as well.

You can thank me after the cruise!😎

1 hour ago, K12Guy said:

Make it easy on yourself. Book a Royal Suite or Penthouse Suite and specialty restaurants are included in your booking. And, I've heard that you get preferential reservations, as well.

You can thank me after the cruise!😎

You can also get an unlimited SP dining plan.  We paid $179 on our last cruise pp.  So worth it-  It includes lunch if offered by the restaurant- typically on sea days.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

You can also get an unlimited SP dining plan.  We paid $179 on our last cruise pp.  So worth it-  It includes lunch if offered by the restaurant- typically on sea days.

How many nights was your cruise? Which ship?

I’m also booked on a December Reflection sailing and right now there’s a 20% discount on a lot of the specialty dinning reservations.  Depending on what restaurants you’re interested in and how many, it may be worth doing the math on booking them separately with the discount vs. as a package.  The nice thing if you book individually is that you can select your dining time for each meal when you book vs. the package where you have to wait till you’re onboard to make all but 1 reservation.

If you like to eat at prime times, it may be worth paying a little more total to be able to lock in your preferred dining time in advance (and avoid having an extra “errand” at the start of the cruise).  Plus who knows what Celebrity will decide to do with the buffet when cruising resumes and the changes could increase demand on the main dining room and specialty restaurants by trickle effect. 

Enjoy your cruise!

P.S.  I am also a huge fan of The Porch for lunch and Murano for a formal night dinner.  I actually passed on a similarly priced booking on Edge in large part because I REALLY want to eat at Murano and Porch again!

We were on Silhouette in November 2019.  Booked Muranos for the flambé lobster loved it on previous cruises. We were there for dinner one night. Had an incredible waiter Andre. Invited us back for lunch for $20 each. Had a huge lobster tail and a bigger fillet.  Love Muranos ...if yer on Silhouette ask for Andre.. best ever... 

We went back another night and Andre gave even us more lobster...Just was so nice. was super nice guy. So went to Murano’s  again and never got to Tuscan Grill like we originally planned. 
I kind of believe  if you pay why pay extra for specialty dining. But this was discounted and was well worth it..

Cannot go wrong with Murano or Lawn Club Grill.  Murano often has first night discounts of $35 (versus $50).  That is our plan for our August 2021 Baltic cruise on Reflection.  We did eat once at Sushi on 5, and found it to be very good as well.  Priced a la carte.

Just an added bit of advice for the OP...Depending on your cruise itinerary plan where/when you are going to dine at each venue to make the most of your itinerary.

Tuscan is great just as you leave a port (6pm ish) you can see the port slowly disappear and watch day turn to night.

Murano’s is a long meal best enjoyed if you have had a lazy day rather than after a busy port excursion.

Lawn Club we did enjoy after dark but it can be cooler so even in the Caribbean you may want a fleecy. They will get you a blanket. We booked in when we were overnighting in St. Martaan, still, warm and with views. Our second night was at sea, still pleasant but definitely cooler.

LPC has two seatings 6pm and 8pm so choose your booking after checking other activities going on to choose which will suit you better.

The Porch, we never found it that busy either at lunch or when we passed in the evening...could be a nice option if the weather is nice. As it is cheaper than the other restaurants probably worth paying for individually rather than as part of your package. Nice sometimes to do something spontaneously.

Sushi doesn’t always need a booking, it can be fairly quiet so it can be great if you have perhaps had a heavy lunch, don’t want a full sit down experience but you want service rather than a buffet.

Don’t forget all rooms have access to room service. There is a standard menu but you can book from the MDR menu when it is open. The most special meal of your cruise could be on your balcony!

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

7- have done on the Equinox, reflection and silhouette.  I think all will, at certain times offer the package.    Enjoy

Agree.  Although I'm not as keen on a package if sailing on Equinox as they don't have the Porch and the LCG...when we sailed on her we were in a RS.  I didn't know about the lack of those two venues and was mildly disappointed that they didn't exist as I was looking forward to taking advantage of the inclusive dining perk that comes with a RS.

Don't worry, we managed 😉...but I think I'd be more inclined to buy a package on Silhouette or Reflection because of the additional options.  

Honestly, at this point, I'd settle for the pool grill if it meant we could all safely sail again!!

Hope things are looking up for you all in NY!!

• Like 1

Classic french seems to be a good one. French kitchen in general is not like a very wide one but they have their specialties. I wouldnt go to other place really. When I cruise I try searching for some nice and unique place to eat. Some place I wont find on shore at home. So yes, some french cousine may be your best choice 

Greetings! We loved our speciality dining on Reflection....

Choices are...

Murano’s, classic French. Choose items that are flambéed tableside. A more formal meal that will take a few hours, excellent for a special occasion. Our favourites include the filet mignon and sole for mains and the ballon rouge and the Gran Marnier soufflé for dessert.

Tuscan Grill, steak with an Italian twist. Great views from the wake of the ship, nice and relaxing. Favourite for me is the bean soup starter and the rib eye steak. Somehow we are always really full by the time we get to dessert but the pistachio creme brûlée is very nice.

Le Petit Chef. In our experience it is fun rather than fine dining. Worth experiencing once. It is a set menu, we preferred the food and presentation with the original Le Petit Chef rather than the Le Petit Chef and Friends so check which nights each are on.

Lawn Grill. Al Fresco dining. Salad and flatbread starters followed by steaks, Kebabs, fish cooked on the grill. If you want to be hands on you can be and help to make your own. Very relaxed dining, no need to dress up, can be a nice venue when dining as a group although fine just for two. We loved the lamb and vegetable kebabs....by the time we got to the cookie and ice cream dessert we were past eating!

The Porch. Lighter food choices, our favourite was the seafood tower. We only dined here at lunch, hopefully others will comment more on the menu choices.

Sushi on Five. Does have more options than just Sushi, we enjoyed the hot noodle pots. You can pay per item so it can be quite a cheap option for lunch on a sea day when the buffet is busy.

The first 4 restaurants are (I think) $45 each with The Porch At $30 and Sushi a la carte. If you choose a package prices fall significantly. Alternatively you can negotiate on board and pick up some good deals although you may have less choice on time/day. Some guests enjoy the haggle, others prefer the package. On some cruises you can book an ‘Unlimited Package’ with the option to dine in all restaurants as many times as you want. This can be a great option for foodies, especially if you are not planning lots of excursions...Also Top Suites (Signiture and above) have this included, worth considering if any upgrades become available....

If we were to only pick one it would be Murano’s, a real fine dining experience.

We really enjoyed our Reflection cruise. Remember if you have a drinks package you can ask the sommelier to match your wines to your courses, obviously a better selection on the premium package than the classic.

Hope you enjoy!

Fab reply. I agree on everything

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

Fab reply. I agree on everything

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So pleased you agree with my comments....Hard sometimes on CC to get the balance between giving ‘facts’ and ‘opinions’ and sometimes with things like speciality dining there is an overlap...

Wish I was in Murano’s now.....

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Agree.  Although I'm not as keen on a package if sailing on Equinox as they don't have the Porch and the LCG...when we sailed on her we were in a RS.  I didn't know about the lack of those two venues and was mildly disappointed that they didn't exist as I was looking forward to taking advantage of the inclusive dining perk that comes with a RS.

Don't worry, we managed 😉...but I think I'd be more inclined to buy a package on Silhouette or Reflection because of the additional options.  

Honestly, at this point, I'd settle for the pool grill if it meant we could all safely sail again!!

Hope things are looking up for you all in NY!!

We were in a Royal Suite on the Equinox and still enjoyed, Murano, Tuscan and Le Petite chef a few times-  Le Petite Chef had two different "shows" and meals .  We just ordered different things- sometimes we repeated somethings we like.  We will be on the Equinox again, but in a Celebrity suite- if we can sail in March, and will probably take the unlimited dining package if offered.  

But yes, we much prefer the  Silly and Reflection lawn grill.   

15 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

7- have done on the Equinox, reflection and silhouette.  I think all will, at certain times offer the package.    Enjoy

Thanks, so much. I wasn't aware of such an offer. We've been lucky with our stateroom bookings and haven't had to look for the specialty packages.

Chemmo, our next booking is once again on Summit. The only drawback will be the lack of Murano. Our only real choice for a specialty might be Tuscan, but we've tried it three times on two ships, with one good meal, so we're not really excited about it. We might book it every 3rd night or so and see how it goes. If not, our Luminae crew will certainly take excellent care of us.

5 hours ago, K12Guy said:

Thanks, so much. I wasn't aware of such an offer. We've been lucky with our stateroom bookings and haven't had to look for the specialty packages.

Chemmo, our next booking is once again on Summit. The only drawback will be the lack of Murano. Our only real choice for a specialty might be Tuscan, but we've tried it three times on two ships, with one good meal, so we're not really excited about it. We might book it every 3rd night or so and see how it goes. If not, our Luminae crew will certainly take excellent care of us.

I have to be honest and say it would have to be a great itinerary to get us back on an M class ship. We always book the PH on M class and it is a fantastic room but we do like dining choices.

Whilst we know the Luminae staff will (by arrangement) sort off menu food and that the butler will arrange a few special in room meals it isn’t the same as varying location and restaurant styles...

Strongly suggest on boarding that you chat to the M’D of Luminae and Tuscan to see if they can add variety by sorting a few off menu items.

Have a great cruise!