Enchanted Princess

Carol28

23 hours ago, Grego said:

I am still remaining optimistic that the timing should be good that the Enchanted Princess will sail with passengers on November 21, 2020.  The ship is virtually finished in her build out and what remains are the sea trials that were delayed when Fincantieri had to shut down for a few weeks during the Covid-19 outbreak.  The shipyard is back to work and there will be sea trials and then she will sail to Port Everglades when it's time to do so and probably without passengers.

The Enchanted Princess was positioned to be in the Caribbean for the season replacing her sister ships, Royal and Regal, and partner with the Caribbean Princess.  The whole area of the Caribbean is eager to have ships working as soon as possible.

We are excited to be on what could be her maiden voyage.  Until something changes, we are going to be on board for our 48 Princess voyage.

There is no other Royal class ship in the Caribbean doing 7 day cruises if the Enchanted does not sail. That would leave just one ship doing 7 day itineraries. I just wish we could get some information on what the plan is. Hopefully they will post the 2022 itineraries/ships soon. My sister and I are booked in January on the Enchanted after our April cruise on the Regal was canceled. If it's not going to sail, just tell us!!! She is a first-time cruiser and I so wanted to take her on a Royal class ship. This has been a good lesson is being flexible!

Janet

4 hours ago, caribill said:

I have not seen evidence of this.

Islands opening up to visitors so far are not including cruise ships. And some islands are requiring 14 day quarantine upon arrival.

I understand that, however, what I said was that they are eager to have the ships return when the ships are available to return.   I would think that the 14-day quarantine will have to be lifted at some point or both the cruise industry and the ports themselves will be out of business and hopefully that lifting will be on or before November.

54 minutes ago, Grego said:

I would think that the 14-day quarantine will have to be lifted at some point or both the cruise industry and the ports themselves will be out of business and hopefully that lifting will be on or before November.

agreed - 2 more 'tourists' arrested in Hawaii for violating the 14 day cornteen upon arrival … one for walking her son's dog !!

Hey Grego, how are you?

I am with you as far as the Enchanted goes.  She was ready for sea trials when all this hit and I'm sure that will not take long now that the shipyard is reopened.

We are scheduled on her for a b2b from February 27th through March 13th for our 50th Wedding Anniversary.  I can't see the islands not being opened before the holidays this year, as a majority of their income is cruise related.  I am sure they will take the necessary precautions to allow ships in and out.

Hope to see you again and till then "Stay Safe".

I don't know anything about how building new ships works. By now would all the cabins be furnished and the kitchens have dishes and cookware, etc? Otherwise that's more money that Princess has to put in before using the ship.

Edited by Bollycats

Last I chatted with Princess about Enchanted the line was that all Europe cruises would be cancelled (they have), she would make the voyage to Ft Lauderdale with no pax as a shakedown for the crew, then pick up with the Caribbean season.  A lot factors into that, of course, but I hope it's right since we rebooked our cancelled April to 12/12 on her.

23 hours ago, sun&sea said:

There is no other Royal class ship in the Caribbean doing 7 day cruises if the Enchanted does not sail. That would leave just one ship doing 7 day itineraries. I just wish we could get some information on what the plan is. Hopefully they will post the 2022 itineraries/ships soon. My sister and I are booked in January on the Enchanted after our April cruise on the Regal was canceled. If it's not going to sail, just tell us!!! She is a first-time cruiser and I so wanted to take her on a Royal class ship. This has been a good lesson is being flexible!

Janet

Hi Janet, 

I was just on the Princess site and it is showing the Sky during the 2021 season.  During the first 4 months of 2021 it is showing Caribbean Princess, Sky, Crown, and of course the Enchanted.  We are on the April TA and I can't help but think they will just keep her in Europe instead of bringing her over.  I hope I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Hi Janet, 

I was just on the Princess site and it is showing the Sky during the 2021 season.  During the first 4 months of 2021 it is showing Caribbean Princess, Sky, Crown, and of course the Enchanted.  We are on the April TA and I can't help but think they will just keep her in Europe instead of bringing her over.  I hope I am wrong.

The crown and the Sky are both 10 day. Leaving her DH at home, my sister feels that a 7 day cruise is all she can do. So hoping the Enchanted works out, but if not, we hope Princess tells us sooner better than later. 

Thanks,

Janet

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Big Tiger Fan said:

Very concerned about these posts because we booked November 21 Enchanted cruise last week with no mention of any issues with ship. Unaware it wasn’t completed. If it gets canceled it will be our 4th for the year. 

I don't think they have even know with any certainty when cruising will start again.  What ports might be opened etc.  They just cancelled a bunch more cruises last week.  

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 8:35 AM, mafig said:

I was looking at sailings in January.  Then I stopped when I read that Enchanted would be delayed indefinitely.

I'm not a Princess regular so I didn't know she was "virtually finished" (thanks, Grego).

I'll go back to monitoring prices.  Can't say I'm ready to book though.

We're booked on our first Princess cruise on the Enchanted on the January 9 sailing.  Booked it on January 31 2020 with the Best Sale Ever promotion. There has been 2 price drops since then and a basic inside cabin with drink package, gratuities and wifi is around 750 plus port. A fantastic value. 

As usual there is a lot of over reaction on the boards.   The ship is almost built, just needing final touches after her sea trials.  Princess has SIX MONTHS to get things finalized,  get a crew on board  and have her western bound TA be a learning experience for the crew in anticipation of her late November Caribbean season.

With all of the bad press and crap that Princess endured with Covid,  a little  positive light at the end of the tunnel will be a nice thing.  And hopefully  there will be other ships cruising in late summer and early fall to be the guinea pigs as to how cruising will be by the time that the Enchanted starts up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

As usual there is a lot of over reaction on the boards.   The ship is almost built, just needing final touches after her sea trials.  Princess has SIX MONTHS to get things finalized,  get a crew on board  and have her western bound TA be a learning experience for the crew in anticipation of her late November Caribbean season.

With all of the bad press and crap that Princess endured with Covid,  a little  positive light at the end of the tunnel will be a nice thing.  And hopefully  there will be other ships cruising in late summer and early fall to be the guinea pigs as to how cruising will be by the time that the Enchanted starts up.

Well said. This is PRECISELY our thinking as well, and is why we just today booked the November 28 sailing on the Enchanted.

On 5/25/2020 at 3:58 AM, SNJCruisers said:

I  agree as posted above. There is just too much chatter and anx about what the plan is when in reality, there are many plans that Princess has in their play book all depending on what is what when and where. The ships will sail when it is appropriate to do so and hopefully politics won't be involved in when it will happen.

We felt all along that the Enchanted Princess will be forced to sail sans passengers and will leave her Europe position with a schedule to put her in Port Everglades on or before November 21. When we booked the November 21 voyage we had no real idea that this might be the case, however, we are excited that if she does do her maiden voyage with passengers we will be on her.

As of now, the ship is close to be fully booked and we will monitor her cabin situation to see if that changes.  One question I have is to what extent there will be more enforcement of social distancing that might involve limiting the number of passengers on a ship.  Could that mean that some folks will get "move over" offers and leave empty cabins?  I think the ships will do everything possible to fill the berths so that might not happen.  The onboard revenue is very, very important.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:30 AM, famski740 said:

Hey Grego, how are you?

I am with you as far as the Enchanted goes.  She was ready for sea trials when all this hit and I'm sure that will not take long now that the shipyard is reopened.

We are scheduled on her for a b2b from February 27th through March 13th for our 50th Wedding Anniversary.  I can't see the islands not being opened before the holidays this year, as a majority of their income is cruise related.  I am sure they will take the necessary precautions to allow ships in and out.

Hope to see you again and till then "Stay Safe".

Hey there Dan and Wilma!

We are fine.  Living the dream and finding stuff to purge. I have been going through nearly 15,000 images I have cataloged from our voyages and refining the collections to a few good images from each of the 50 voyages.  Lots of images of you two that bring back fond memories.  Carolyn has been going through all the folders that we saved from the voyages and has that collection down to a manageable amount. 

How are you guys managing?

We have the 21st November on the Enchanted and hoping it is her maiden voyage.  After that, we have the Crown for a Panama Canal partial to see the new locks on the 29th of December.  That will be very interesting.

Stay well and remember to keep Princess strong.

I think it is very optimistic indeed to think you will be able to sail in November 2020 and have the same cruise experience as you have in the past. Regarding the Enchanted, It's basically ready. The company could place this ship into operation and sell off or mothball other older ships from the Princess fleet or from other fleets owned by the corporation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I think it is very optimistic indeed to think you will be able to sail in November 2020 and have the same cruise experience as you have in the past. Regarding the Enchanted, It's basically ready. The company could place this ship into operation and sell off or mothball other older ships from the Princess fleet or from other fleets owned by the corporation. 

I don't know that too many regular cruisers expect the same experience as in the past.  I know we don't. We're booked on Enchanted for 12/12/20 and hopefully the CDC mandated processes will have been in place long enough to  have the kinks worked out.

3 hours ago, skynight said:

I don't think any of us that are about to embark on a ship at any date this year expect to have the same experience as previous voyages.  It will be a new experience and who knows, it might be an enjoyable experience if we allow it to be.  The next few months will be full of dictated mandates for how we are supposed to act while aboard.

Way to early to start speculating on what the financial status is with Princess and what the Corporation has in mind for all of its cruise lines.  

My wife saw an article a couple of weeks ago about the break even point for newer ships vs older.  Ships like Enchanted have a much lower break even than most - somewhere around 1/3 of their passenger limit.  I wouldn't mind seeing the passenger count cut down a bit to give everyone a little space.  Not that it would be a cure-all, but it would probably lower some folks' stress level.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

My wife saw an article a couple of weeks ago about the break even point for newer ships vs older.  Ships like Enchanted have a much lower break even than most - somewhere around 1/3 of their passenger limit.  I wouldn't mind seeing the passenger count cut down a bit to give everyone a little space.  Not that it would be a cure-all, but it would probably lower some folks' stress level.

Royal Caribbean told their stockholders that newer ships break even at 30% load factor while the older ships break even at 50%.

We are scheduled for Dec 7th, 2020 Enchanted cruise.  We got upgraded from Inside Guarantee to Balcony Cabin (a great location as well) on March 14, 2020.  Yippee. All that for putting down our $2.00 deposit, which also includes free internet, and a specialty restaurant dinner. We loved the Sky last Dec 2019. And I will remain optimistic until my final payment date of Sept 8.  But will not pay my final money if things look bleak as I do not want to be left with a Future Cruise credit.  I prefer cash and I know that once I put down that final payment the chances of me getting a cash refund will be less than nil.  I do not want my money with cruise company I prefer it in my own pocket.    We have several others booked again for these ridiculous deposit amounts ($1.00) per person for two Princess cruises in January 2021 and we will watch and see how things transpire.  We also have others booked for 2022 which I am hopeful by then, there will be a vaccine and we will all be good to go.   Even if cruising does resume by Dec 2020, I am leaning towards simply forgoing cruising until 2022.  Not worth the hassle.  If everyone were to follow proper social distancing right now, wear face masks, stay within their social bubble  (immediate family living in the same home), avoid non essential outings, we could beat this virus and resume cruising like we all on this site love to do.  If only!

1 hour ago, Lotte1956 said:

Enchanted Princess just popped up on Cruisemapper.

I see that, maybe  she go out for a few laps or better yet down the coast 

On 5/26/2020 at 5:12 AM, skynight said:

I think it is optimistic to think that Princess will sail at all this year.  They continue to cancel cruises and have made no real announcements on when the expect to really sail again.  Cannot imagine being on a cruise ship this fall with COVID-19 still active and also the start of the flu season.  What a mess that will be for the medical staff on board.