Half Capacity Sailing

1 hour ago, pc_load_letter said:

I am not sitting one or two deck chairs away from my wife when on the pool deck.

I have not seen family separated anywhere, restaurants, markets, Home Depot, not sure why you would think Carnival would not let you sit with your wife

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

The passenger manifest goes to CBP within 60 minutes of departure.  Of course it is CBP, because it is a list of people leaving the country, and since CBP includes immigration, that information goes to them.

Thank you chengkp75, for the clarification. I never understood that people leaving the country would be considered under the immigration(coming into the country) umbrella. I guess you could say they get them coming and going. 👍

18 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Many people have indicated they would anticipate deck chairs to be spaced six feet or more apart.

in between families, not here to argue, just stating they will let you drag you chair next your wife and kids. Then 6' of separation for the next couple

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

and I believe it is 72 hours when returning

Well, eNOA, including the passenger and crew manifests must be submitted 72 hours prior to arrival, if possible.  If the last port prior to entering the US is less than 72 hours before, then it must be as soon as possible after leaving the last port.

10 hours ago, coevan said:

I have not seen family separated anywhere, restaurants, markets, Home Depot, not sure why you would think Carnival would not let you sit with your wife

Our supermarkets have signs that say they do not want family to shop together.

The local laundromat has rules including do not bring your children.

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

must be a N.Y. thing, he is specifically addressing if he can have his lounge chair next to his wifes, the answer is YES. 

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

The local laundromat has rules including do not bring your children.

This is to reduce the number of people inside the store, not for social distancing.  People who live together can sit together.

55 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

And if you look at their website, your ticket contract says that you assume all risk regarding covid-19.  I've seen that they are also requiring a waiver for dining inside the park.

• Like 1

I will only go on a cruise when I can afford a balcony because I don't like huge crowds. I can see adapting to a new way of doing things on a cruise. I have no problem wearing a mask, I will wash my hands a million times a day. 

We have a cruise scheduled for the 1st week of December, we're not worrying about it at this point. We'll see what happens over the next few months.

5 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

And if you look at their website, your ticket contract says that you assume all risk regarding covid-19.  I've seen that they are also requiring a waiver for dining inside the park.

I had to sign a waiver, have my temperature taken, use hand sanitizer and wear a mask here in SC to get my nails done.  I'm not surprised that Disney is requiring this in their ticket contract.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 11:49 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing.  I wonder if all the compromises they'd have to make to provide spa services onboard would be worth it.  My guess is no, but they might be SO profitable that they need to try.

This was the only disappointment I have experienced so far, cancelling my spa pass. I was so looking forward to the thalassotherapy pool on my Magic cruise.