Are we given C&A points for a cruise that was cancelled?

I logged into RCI and went to Past Cruises to check something and our May 17, 2020 cruise on the Liberty that Royal cancelled was shown at the top of the list. It also shows seven additional points on the main screen, like we took this cruise. 

Do they give you credit for a cruise if they cancel it, or is this just a mistake? 

I was also supposed to be on this cruise.  My account shows a reservation number not points earned.  Oh well.  I really don’t deserve them so I can’t complain.

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We received loyalty points for our cancelled cruise in April.  As of today, they have not taken back the points.

They will be.  We had the extra points for our cruise in march....took them a long time but eventually they disappeared

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Yeah, not going to get points for a cruise canceled because of this virus.  I wish, but know it won't happen.  So far, I have not gotten any points for our cancelled cruises, nor do I expect to.  And if someone did, like the above poster said, they will take them back sooner or later.

Edited by karena1

27 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I ( Temporarily ) received points for our March 15 cruise cancelled on March 13. Points lasted on the account for about 2 weeks.  If anyone was lucky enough to get and keep points, congrats. 

m

The exact thing happened with my March 14th Majesty.  The points showed up but were removed by the end of the month.

1 hour ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Well I think it would be a great "good willl" effort on Royal to give the points for all cancelled cruises.

"win" for C&A members and

"win" for RC by honoring "cancelled" cruises

Nonsense.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Armac said:

We received points for our Feb 15 canceled cruise, but they disappeared after about a month.    

Same here. Happened twice. Recently my March/April Cruise, points disappeared 5 weeks later. The one thing Royal IT good at, taking points back later. Still shows Cruises on Royal site, minus the points now

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Why not???

IMO it would be great PR...keeping your "loyal" customers happy...

I can imagine folks booking cruises they expect to be cancelled just to get points.  And if the cruise does not get cancelled they will cancel and get FCC.

M

• Haha 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

The new scam.....  lol

There is always a new scam!

Seems every time  a company  ( doesn't have to be RCCL) makes some  of small offer,  folks figure our a way to (technically)  not break any rules, but they seem to skirt the intent of the program. 

M

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I can just image the debates and complaints this would cause should some keep those points. Lol

And of course those folks would come right here and post about how they got to keep their points. It reminds me a little bit of the booze smugglers. They just have to brag about what they got away with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I can imagine folks booking cruises they expect to be cancelled just to get points.  And if the cruise does not get cancelled they will cancel and get FCC.

M

Awesome, I'll reach boomerang plus status in no time.