A Message to Employees from Arnold Donald, President & CEO Carnival Corporation

billco

The link was to a public statement by the CEO of the largest cruise corporation in the world. It has everything to do with cruising and shows that Mr Donald wants to make sure that ALL of us are reminded that travel can broaden our minds and hearts and make us better citizens of this planet.

Thank you to Mr Donald for your heartfelt and eloquently worded statement. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The link was to a public statement by the CEO of the largest cruise corporation in the world. It has everything to do with cruising

The message does not even contain the word 'cruise'.  

my take on this article;  it has nothing to do with cruising; but addresses the current day issues going on across America.  The article is from the CEO who is sending a message to all the employees in the company; he talks about personal and systematic issues.  Have a great weekend

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jeniceglassman said:

The content & honesty are amazing. I'm baffled as to the snarky response, cruzsnooze and Roberto256.

Excues me, but my comment wasn't snarky at all.

I did not comment about Mr. Donald's statement; only about the claim that the statement had everything to do with cruising.

It might be a fine statement.   It might be a terrible statement.   But, it has nothing to do with cruising.

One of the cool things about cruising is meeting all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds from all over the world. I've met crew members from an amazing number of different countries and cultures and it's been pretty cool talking with them. If more people would get to know each other as people rather than as "skin colors" it would be a better place all around. I grew up in a pretty "white" world but was raised mostly by my grandparents. They came out west during the Oklahoma Dust Bowl time and nobody wanted those "damn Okies" around. Having lived it themselves they failed to teach me to treat others poorly and just kind of left the whole prejudice thing out of my education. It's made it hard for me to understand those who have been raised to dislike or even hate or fear people who look different from their own families. People need to stop teaching their children this type of behavior. If you stop teaching them to dislike or fear others they won't teach their children that type of thing either and it would maybe just go away. I do believe it has to start with people simply not passing that sort of crud along to their children.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Excues me, but my comment wasn't snarky at all.

I did not comment about Mr. Donald's statement; only about the claim that the statement had everything to do with cruising.

It might be a fine statement.   It might be a terrible statement.   But, it has nothing to do with cruising.

When he says he wants to provide the support and motivation to be the greatest travel company in the world, isn't that about cruising?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 11:57 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It has everything to do with cruising

It's odd that if this message has 'everything to do with cruising',  this thread got fewer than 20 replies.

While the "where's my refund thread" has over 3000.