Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

13 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

if you got 10 points for the cruise on RCL , you would get 10 point on the new system 

If you get 10 points for the cruise on Celebrity , you would get 20 points on the new system

if you get 10 points for the cruise on Silverseas , you would get 30/40 points on the new system 

or something like that 

no system will be perfect 

Another option would perhaps be 'n' number of points per $500 (or whatever) paid for the cruise fare across all lines? Sail Silversea with their more expensive rates and you get more points, sail in a Sky suite = more points, sail in a last minute deal inside cabin on RCL or Celebrity and get not too many etc etc.

• Like 1

Trying to make Point Systems look alike reminds me of growing up. Mom would dress 4 kids alike for family portraits. We were absolutely miserable, fussing until we were allowed to change. All different personalities. Same with cruise brands. You can make them look alike but loose something along the way.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

if you got 10 points for the cruise on RCL , you would get 10 point on the new system 

If you get 10 points for the cruise on Celebrity , you would get 20 points on the new system

if you get 10 points for the cruise on Silverseas , you would get 30/40 points on the new system 

or something like that 

no system will be perfect 

Which then means one cruise on Silversea and you're immediate Diamond on RCL. 

As said previously, the question as asked was silly as they already have that loyalty transfer between programs. And trying to broaden it to a unified scheme makes no sense for multiple reasons, and doesn't have any signficant benefit.

• Like 1

Question! I watched the video last night and dozed off right at the end. Was there any action required at the end of the video? Wondering if I need to rewatch the entire presentation?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lovey Life said:

Question! I watched the video last night and dozed off right at the end. Was there any action required at the end of the video? Wondering if I need to rewatch the entire presentation?

No action needed.  You are good (and rested).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lovey Life said:

No quetions to answer. 

18 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You could use a multiple with the points ,

RCL uses 1 per point ,

Celebrity could use 2 per point

That makes no sense. There is no longer any distinction between RCL and Celebrity, so they should be treated the same.

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2024 at 12:35 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I am lucky , it is 120 away , don’t want to live in the GTA 🤢

every time just passing through Toronto on the way to our cruises out of Quebec and Montreal we seem to waste an hour or two fighting Toronto traffic.  What a zoo.

On 3/18/2024 at 11:25 AM, Charles4515 said:

There seems to be a block. I continue to receive the regular Celebrity mailings but the Captains Club emails won't revive no matter what I try. The call centers people just give BS that they fixed it but nothing comes. In a couple of months  I don't know what their criteria is for  blocking the Captain Club and PUP emails is. It could be on purpose or bad programing. Probably bad IT but anythings possible.

I am leaning toward bad IT.  I stopped getting mine when I had to switch my email address due to hacking issues last year.  Like others I get celebrity mailings but not CC emails.  The same thing with CVS.  My new email does not get the same promotional weekly emails that I got before changing email address and my husband continues to receive them.  

After this last webinar, I will need 4 more PUP to reach Zenith on 1/2/25. Hopefully between now and then there will be 4 points worth of surveys, webinars, etc. offered to post by 12/14/24.  🤞

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, FeliciaB said:

Did anyone who wasn't targeted for the survey PUP get the CC point using the link that wasn't prepopulated with your CC info?  I used the link and did not get the point.

not me

1 hour ago, PKCruiser66 said:

After this last webinar, I will need 4 more PUP to reach Zenith on 1/2/25. Hopefully between now and then there will be 4 points worth of surveys, webinars, etc. offered to post by 12/14/24.  🤞

You will get there. No problem

Hmmm, I usually get the PUP emails the second day.  Never got it this time.  And for that matter, I haven't received a marketing email in about a week.

Maybe I'll resubsrcibe.  And thanks for the link.  I watched the video.  Learned almost nothing.

1 hour ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Hmmm, I usually get the PUP emails the second day.  Never got it this time.  And for that matter, I haven't received a marketing email in about a week.

Maybe I'll resubsrcibe.  And thanks for the link.  I watched the video.  Learned almost nothing.

Would you please re-share the link. I missed it.

10 minutes ago, patty1955 said:
1 hour ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Would you please re-share the link. I missed it.

I don't have it.  Post 8858 on page 355 is the most recent.

8 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

That makes no sense. There is no longer any distinction between RCL and Celebrity, so they should be treated the same.

There are a lot of distinction between the loyalty programs between the two as well as sailing experiences between the two.