Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

There are a lot of distinction between the loyalty programs between the two as well as sailing experiences between the two.  

We did a side by side on Royal and Celebrity.  There were a lot of differences.  But their suite restaurant is open for lunch on port days.

1 minute ago, abbydancer2003 said:

We did a side by side on Royal and Celebrity.  There were a lot of differences.  But their suite restaurant is open for lunch on port days.

Yes, that is one of my biggest disappointments in sailing on Celebrity.  When we sail the Caribbean we normally are onboard the ship for lunch and have taken to getting sandwiches in the room or on the Retreat Sundeck, if the ship is so equipped.  But a nice sit down lunch is our preference and so Sushi on Five comes into play. 

Another difference is cocktails - All Celebrity suites get Premium Wi-Fi and Premium Beverage package.  The Suite lounge on Quantum class only serves cocktails during happy hour.  It's been wine and soda only on Oasis class outside of happy hour.  Do not know about Icon class.  

15 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

That makes no sense. There is no longer any distinction between RCL and Celebrity, so they should be treated the same.

Royal is a ship for families- water slides etc.

Celebrity is for the older passengers.

22 hours ago, doghog said:

No recipracol program between RC and Silversea. 

It could be added, just as Azamara used to be.

Much simpler than the speculation about having a single program for all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

Was there between Azamara and RCL? 
I know there was one between Azamara and Celebrity 

22 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

That makes no sense. There is no longer any distinction between RCL and Celebrity, so they should be treated the same.

I've sailed both lines recently, the differences are real.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Was there between Azamara and RCL? 
I know there was one between Azamara and Celebrity 

Azamara and Celebrity were one combined loyalty program. So points earned on either were added. It was not a reciprocal match. As for Azamara and RCL I never paid attention because I was higher in Captains Club. 

3 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

No speculation other than on your part. Silversea Venetian Society loyalty program doesn't have tier levels like the CC (which at one time included Azamara) and CAS.

Edited by doghog

40 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Azamara and Celebrity were one combined loyalty program. So points earned on either were added. It was not a reciprocal match. As for Azamara and RCL I never paid attention because I was higher in Captains Club. 

Azamara tier levels weren't reciprocal to RC CAS. Just to Celebrity's CC. 

Edited by doghog

When I click on the “register and watch” button it takes me to a page that says Webinar Full. Has anyone else had this issue? The webinar is suppose to be available until March 21. 

16 minutes ago, cbfb said:

When I click on the “register and watch” button it takes me to a page that says Webinar Full. Has anyone else had this issue? The webinar is suppose to be available until March 21. 

Try a different web browser

On 3/15/2024 at 10:34 PM, Luvcrusn said:

Take a screenshot of the Thank you for viewing for when the points don't get awarded lol.

I've did this for the February video/survey and nothing.

Talked with customer service and as usually they were no help.

I've now watched the March video and again taken picture of final screen saying 'thank you'.  

But we have now decided to venture away from Celebrity to Norwegian's Haven for a transatlantic.

We priced both Celebrity Retreat and Norwegian's Haven with Norwegian offering more for a much better price.  Sad to feel like we need to try another cruise line, but the prices and customer service is not what it used to be.

1 hour ago, cbfb said:

I am getting the same message and have switched browsers and gotten the same message.  I just sent an email to the organizer asking for assistance.  Will report back when I get a response, hopefully before tomorrow.

• Thanks 2

Note to self:  Upon next power points opportunity webinar email, watch the darn webinar immediately.🤪

Side note:  It is a shame the captain’s club members’ time spent playing webinars has been reduced from 50 power up points down to 30 power up points.  Did no one else take note of this devaluation?

The new webinar link won't work for me either.  Tried multiple computers and browsers.  

When you go to the GoTo website it has a top banner acknowledging they are experiencing an unplanned knowledge.  

I'll keep trying. 

🍹

20 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Note to self:  Upon next power points opportunity webinar email, watch the darn webinar immediately.🤪

Side note:  It is a shame the captain’s club members’ time spent playing webinars has been reduced from 50 power up points down to 30 power up points.  Did no one else take note of this devaluation?

It's hard to say that the webinars have been devalued based in my opinion.  For example there has been a mix of 3 and 5 Club Point webinars in the past with the first 3 Club Point webinar making its appearance back in Oct 2021 (if you click or tap on the table below, it becomes more readable). 

Also the 2025/2026 Deployment webinar in December and credited in January 2024 was a 5 pointer so they are still around.

What is hard to tell is why one webinar is worth 3 points and why another is worth 5.  I don't think it is webinar length and when you scan the list, a clear pattern doesn't emerge to me.

The dates in the table below represent when the points were credited and not when the activity was performed.  The table has not been updated to include this month's webinar that should be credited against April.

image.thumb.png.fae5d4300e2131a5928eb912e7ab1483.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

The new webinar link won't work for me either.  Tried multiple computers and browsers.  

When you go to the GoTo website it has a top banner acknowledging they are experiencing an unplanned knowledge.  

I'll keep trying. 

🍹

It works now! 

🍹

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I'll keep trying. 

🍹

I know it was autocorrected, but I really like the idea of “unplanned knowledge.” 

8 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

It works now! 

🍹

I just checked the link myself and it works for me as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

I know it was autocorrected, but I really like the idea of “unplanned knowledge.” 

Haha. 😂  Yes, and when I saw it the edit window had closed. 

🍹