Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Even after contacting CC that I was not receiving Invites to PUP and them saying they had changed settings on my account.    Didn't receive the PUP.    

Funny enough I setup my BIL CC account using an email I control  - he now has 10 points.  He receives Invites.

After hearing Laura say -   To our MOST LOYAL members....   Why don't I feel like even a marginally loyal customer?    Also noticed all the questions asked were from Elite and Elite+ there wasn't a single question from a Zenith.... I can assure you many have been sent in.   I guess us Zenith's aren't of importance to them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

Definitely a lot of non answers. But I’m glad to see that I’m getting the Powerup Point offer emails again.

My email came mid afternoon Saturday.

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Even after contacting CC that I was not receiving Invites to PUP and them saying they had changed settings on my account.    Didn't receive the PUP.    

Funny enough I setup my BIL CC account using an email I control  - he now has 10 points.  He receives Invites.

After hearing Laura say -   To our MOST LOYAL members....   Why don't I feel like even a marginally loyal customer?    Also noticed all the questions asked were from Elite and Elite+ there wasn't a single question from a Zenith.... I can assure you many have been sent in.   I guess us Zenith's aren't of importance to them.

But it might just be numbers —- a few hundred zeniths vs. thousands of Elite and Elite Plus

10 hours ago, upwarduk said:

...but Laura didn’t give straight answers:

...no ‘yes or no’ but talked  around the subject of planning etc.

7 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

This.  Let us hold our breath and stay tuned and see what the deployment team comes up with....

7 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

Definitely a lot of non answers. ...

5 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

Laura gets an A+ for corporate speak. 

All I heard in the webinar was blah, blah, blah, blah, carefully culled question, generic non specific answer, blah, blah, blah. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

But it might just be numbers —- a few hundred zeniths vs. thousands of Elite and Elite Plus

Also, many zeniths are hooked on Celebrity and no need to get feedback from them. Many are guaranteed bookings.   But I think it is more related to numbers.

On 3/15/2024 at 11:58 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

A lot of people got status when 3 day cruise was worth as much as a 7 day cruise 

On 3/15/2024 at 12:51 PM, cyntil8ing said:

That must have been way back. Our first cruise in 2009 earned 2 points for a Concierge cabin. The current points system came about in 2013.

We cruise too many different lines to earn high tier anywhere. Our five cruises last year were on four different lines. Our three cruises this year are on three different lines. Depending on cruise and cabin choices, we might get to Elite Plus in 2025, but it's really not important to us.

On 3/15/2024 at 2:07 PM, mahdnc said:

Yes, it was waaay back.  Like around 2000 and earlier.

I have to correct myself.  This is what is currently posted on Celebrity's website (if you tap or click on the screenshot, it becomes much more readable):

image.thumb.png.562f49ec37ea9c423b72abb6c069f706.png

On 3/15/2024 at 1:28 PM, islandwoman said:

My first Celebrity cruise was on the Chandris Amerikanis August 4-11, 1992.  After requesting credit for this "missing cruise", Celebrity gave me 30 Captain's Club points.

And that is why you got 30 CC points because that was the conversion formula for what 1 sailing credit was worth = 30 Club Points.

Just now, keesar said:

Also, many zeniths are hooked on Celebrity and no need to get feedback from them. Many are guaranteed bookings.   But I think it is more related to numbers.

Wouldn't hold my breath.    I hear from many Zenith's that are fed up and are booking other lines.  After being a 23 Guaranteed 5-6 cruises a year in upper suites "Loyal" Celebrity -    So far this year I have booked only 1 Celebrity but booked 2 Oceania, 2 Cunard and 1 SilverSea.

Once you loose a 100% loyal customer you will never win them back. 

Laura seemed very concerned when I discussed with her but.... blah ... blah... blah... Nothing has changed that will reverse our decision at this point.   We will still sail Celebrity but only by destination (which isn't Caribbean), Length of Cruise,  good B2B2B opportunities and of course price and value for money. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keesar said:

Also, many zeniths are hooked on Celebrity and no need to get feedback from them.

So maybe that's why drug dealers don't do customer surveys either!  I mean that is what I've heard.....

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I gave up a long time ago about getting the e-mails.  I just wait for the link to appear here.

15 minutes ago, keesar said:

There may be some, but the ones I know are all talking about looking at other cruiselines.

49 minutes ago, keesar said:

They got plenty of feedback from me after a cruise earlier this month.  No beverage package on my room key (bartenders knew black card should have it, though) and I was charged for room service three days in a row.  Three trips to Guest Relations.  At the Zenith lunch, I fussed to CC concierge about the charges and she actually said she'd have to check on if it was free.  I chose not to complain about it to HD who was seated next to me.  Later I got a call that "Miami" said free room service was OK.  Ya think?  I can't possibly have been their first zenith not in a suite!  Oh, and also haven't received double points after my last six cruises; waited for the two most recent to post so I'd only have to make one call (yesterday).  Yup, I sure feel "special."   One X cruise remaining in November then 2025/6 are all booked elsewhere.

And they didn't give me Suite/Zenith luggage tags.

Edited by goofysmom99

2 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

They got plenty of feedback from me after a cruise earlier this month.  No beverage package on my room key (bartenders knew black card should have it, though) and I was charged for room service three days in a row.  Three trips to Guest Relations.  At the Zenith lunch, I fussed to CC concierge about the charges and she actually said she'd have to check on if it was free.  I chose not to complain about it to HD who was seated next to me.  Later I got a call that "Miami" said free room service was OK.  Ya think?  I can't possibly have been their first zenith not in a suite!  Oh, and also haven't received double points after my last six cruises; waited for the two most recent to post so I'd only have to make one call (yesterday).  Yup, I sure feel "special."   One X cruise remaining in November then 2025/6 are all booked elsewhere.

That is disappointing for sure!

7 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I just booked a B2B last minute.  Both were booked with the same person that the Zenith concierge referred me to since my great cruise planner person has vaporized.  The first confirmation lists me as Zenith.  The second one lists me as Classic.  Pretty funny.

11 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I would have mentioned it to the HD as long as he was there.  That concierge obviously needs more training.  Otherwise, others will have to deal with her dumb answers.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

After being a 23 Guaranteed 5-6 cruises a year in upper suites "Loyal" Celebrity -    So far this year I have booked only 1 Celebrity but booked 2 Oceania, 2 Cunard and 1 SilverSea.

Where do you find the time?  I'm retired and can barely fit in 1-2 cruises a year !

20 hours ago, upwarduk said:

They were towards the end, but Laura didn’t give straight answers:

eg Will you bring another ship to Southampton- no ‘yes or no’ but talked  around the subject of planning etc.

Sadly we can read into that, no, we won't put a second ship in Southampton, we'll have more ships repeating the same intineries in the Caribbean. And as for future upgrades to M class ships, no chance.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mike.S said:

Sadly we can read into that, no, we won't put a second ship in Southampton, we'll have more ships repeating the same intineries in the Caribbean. And as for future upgrades to M class ships, no chance.

I was looking forward to listening to the Q&A. You are right - just waffle, not answers. I ask the same question every chance I get - any more Southampton sailings?

A second ship from Southampton would be great, my preference would be an M or S Class. One ship all year round would be great too. But currently just one ship for 6 months is simply not good enough. There are many potential cruisers in UK who do not, or cannot fly to join a cruise. Canaries, North Africa etc are lovely through the winter months. If I want a cruise between mid-October and mid-April my only choice is to sail on another cruise line.

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

I was looking forward to listening to the Q&A. You are right - just waffle, not answers. I ask the same question every chance I get - any more Southampton sailings?

A second ship from Southampton would be great, my preference would be an M or S Class. One ship all year round would be great too. But currently just one ship for 6 months is simply not good enough. There are many potential cruisers in UK who do not, or cannot fly to join a cruise. Canaries, North Africa etc are lovely through the winter months. If I want a cruise between mid-October and mid-April my only choice is to sail on another cruise line.

and most of us Canadians love Southampton cruises as we can get direct flights but sure would like some from our east coast!

22 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

and most of us Canadians love Southampton cruises as we can get direct flights but sure would like some from our east coast!

Really🤔

, I never hear anyone talk about cruising out of Southampton with my group of cruising friend or people I know around the great Toronto area 

31 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Really🤔

, I never hear anyone talk about cruising out of Southampton with my group of cruising friend or people I know around the great Toronto area 

A quick flight from the east coast!   Same time as to Florida

16 hours ago, RTShaker said:

All I heard in the webinar was blah, blah, blah, blah, carefully culled question, generic non specific answer, blah, blah, blah. Rinse and repeat.

For me, one of the big turn-offs was the answer about adding 2 types of wine to the premium package, and they're looking at adding some upsells - but she made out it was all such a big deal.

One of the biggest disappointments of my last celebrity cruises was the food and drink offering - and then I sailed on Virgin Voyages and it was a breath of fresh air... yet not so different to other mainstream cruises with a wider beverage offering.

The last Celebrity cruises only had 1 cider (and it even ran out for a short while), and that's all. Plus anything modern, or exotic just isn't carried. Whereas others have a much wider range of drinks, including juices and cocktails. Yet here at Celebrity, adding a couple of additions to the small wine list is a massive deal. (When they often run out of stock as well!)

They really have a lot to do to live up to the premium label they now claim - and used to hold.

39 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

A quick flight from the east coast!   Same time as to Florida

With the pricing of flights in Canada its probably cheaper to go to Florida 😆

Don't get me wrong I'd love a cruise that started in the East Coast but they drain us for $ with flights

16 hours ago, RTShaker said:

I'm still chuckling at the last question - forget the answer. I mean, no disrespect to anyone who sends in questions (and in particular, this question), but who really takes the time to send in such a clear softball question as "What's the one thing that puts Celebrity above other cruise lines" (it was something like that)? I don't understand the point of a question like that, other than perhaps it was requested by the company from some super-elites so they could claim it was a question from a member and they obliged.

What response to a question like that could possibly provide anyone with any kind of meaningful or useful feedback?