Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Worst webinar I’ve ever seen kept on crashing.  Too bad would have been interesting.  My DH’s  iPad is doing better than mine & his is older but pictures  looks amazing.  His hasn’t crashed once.

Edited by If only

8 minutes ago, cinlo said:

The sound on the individual movies being shown is great!

There are individual movies?  I watched LLP sitting in her chair for quite a while, and now I see Maria full screen and squirming in her chair.  I saw no movies.

2 minutes ago, amyr said:

There are individual movies?  I watched LLP sitting in her chair for quite a while, and now I see Maria full screen and squirming in her chair.  I saw no movies.

Currently, Celebrity's Galapagos destination expert is telling about the program for the "long" Galapagos cruises. Definitely the speaker with the least crackling so far. It's actually possible to understand what she's saying.

Just now, mikkelhansen said:

Currently, Celebrity's Galapagos destination expert is telling about the program for the "long" Galapagos cruises. Definitely the speaker with the least crackling so far. It's actually possible to understand what she's saying.

You can see that she is wearing a head microphone.  Not perfect, but better.

8 minutes ago, Ski-Lady said:

Finally able to get back in. What a cluster!

All you do realize that there are THOUSANDS of people connected to this Zoom call, at least you should.  I am on Zoom meetings from home every single day of the week, and invariably someone has an issue(s).  Is it perfect, no, of course not, but it is an attempt to do something positive.  Pour yourself another glass of wine, mix a nice martini and try to relax already!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, brownc424 said:

Is anyone else that's listening, finding that the sound quality is literally, painful? I've had to mute it twice now.

Painful is a perfect description of the microphone static.  The produced video pieces had exceptional sound though. You'd think a company as large as Celebrity would invest in quality microphones and not use the built in mics of their desktop or laptop from a distance which cause room echo in addition to the static. 

I wonder if the 5 CC points was worth the hour log torture. (fat finger hit the 2 key accidentally)

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I wonder if the 2 CC points was worth the hour log torture.

5 points for this? Definitely, IMO. Very beautiful shots and videos about Galapagos, the bad speaker sound I can live with. You could mute the website tab it it got too bad. They seem to be rounding off the stream right now, so almost exactly 60 minutes' length.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 3

I wasn't able to see any of the videos, but they said they'd send a link, and I may watch through that.  We took Xpedition back in 2005 in her early days, and I was anxious to see how she looks now and get a look at Flora. 

And it's over. Big shame about the bad audio throughout the stream, but very nice videos from the islands. Despite the price tag, way above our current holiday budget, I might consider doing a Galapagos trip in some years. The nature and wildlife there looks stunning.

• Like 1

The videos were very nice.  The audio had some issues. But they did offer some interesting information about the islands and animals.  I'm sure they will learn from this for future webinars.  Galapagos looks beautiful.  They did mention that you need a certain amount of mobility to get in and out of tenders and doing stairs.  That counts us out.  Wish we had tried a cruise like this when we were younger and more mobile.

I joined the seminar early and just when it was about to start it froze, I had to exit and refresh it like 30 times to enter, I think there were too many people in the audience that the bandwidth was not enough or the application is bad, poor sound quality, delayed videos, etc.

I tried to refresh, which kicked me out.  By closing the screen and going back to the email link I was able to get back in, and then it worked [the same way everybody has been describing] until the end.  So I have spend over an hour, seen three nice videos that were probably already on the Celebrity website, and not had my impression of Celebrity improved a whit.  Plus I'm not sure I'll even get the 5 points because I was in and out.  Grrr.

I have to agree with everyone that the audio was terrible. I felt sorry for LLP and Maria as they squirmed in their chairs waiting for the video to begin.

I loved the videos and thought Flora was beautiful. 

I think they were not prepared for the number of people who wanted to enter the webinair.

Edited by TeaBag

We learned a long time ago that it is important to join these types of presentations early.  Many times, people try logging in close to start time and, as such, it can become frustrating.

We logged in at 5:45pm. I used an iPad and my wife used an iPhone. Other than the voice delay, which was no big deal, clarity was fine and picture quality was fine during our time on line.

Randy

Well, I sat through it, suffered the bad sound, got kicked off once (error message), tried a couple of things and got back in about five minutes later...The PUP points mean little to me...I am already Elite Plus but almost a couple of thousand points from Zenith...We really just wanted to see the presentation...

We've already done the Galapagos trip...on Xpedition in 2015...We did it with 3 nights before in Quito (added an extra hotel night at the JW Marriott on our own) and one night after...We would consider doing it again--mostly to experience the new Flora...but also to add the Maccu Piccu extension this time.  We are getting a bit older all the time, but still don't think getting on and off those rubber rafts was all that difficult...and could probably still do it.  Every days excursions had two choices--easy and hard.  The easy ones were actually a little better.  Hard ones were usually hiking to the top of the island while the easy ones were like circling the island on the raft looking at wildlife--so, you tended to see more on the "easy" ones...and it works out better for those more physically challenged.  There was snorkeling every day--again, often easy and hard.  I'm not big into snorkeling, so I mostly skipped the hard ones.  My wife wouldn't snorkel at all...and she was still fine with that.

It IS a really different sort of cruise than our typical--no big cities, no great historical or cultural or architectural sites...a LOT of nature...a lot of tortoises, Iguanas, seal lions, birds, etc.  but all intriguing nonetheless.  And, with the small ships, you really get to meet everyone on board...and form tight little groups of friends.  It's really a very social experience.

And, of course, yes, it IS a bit pricey...and would be even more so if we did it on Flora with the Maccu Piccu extension...but, it really is a bucket list item as well, a one of a kind experience, once in a lifetime...okay, maybe twice...

7 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

We learned a long time ago that it is important to join these types of presentations early.  Many times, people try logging in close to start time and, as such, it can become frustrating.

We logged in at 5:45pm. I used an iPad and my wife used an iPhone. Other than the voice delay, which was no big deal, clarity was fine and picture quality was fine during our time on line.

Randy

Did you both sign up independently (did you get 2 emails with different links for the webinar).   My wife signed up, we got the invite then I changed to my cc number and signed up again, no separate email.   I'm hoping it's like all the other PUP where linked cc number both get the points.  I can't have her with more points than me!