Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The presentation could be done professionally and they could have streamed it live or prerecorded with no technical difficulties. They used a video conferencing platform so they could register the viewers. The problem was the the video conferencing platform they used. They underestimated the bandwidth they needed for the amount of participants they invited. They could solve that. Purchase more bandwidth or invite fewer for the event.

Fair points.  This opens up several questions:

1)  Could you register and attend this event at the last minute?

2)  If yes to #1, did the event link go viral towards the end?

3)  Highlighted, its somewhat surprising no one at X was able to track the # of participants; you would imagine the platform (zoom?) was actively notifying X of the recommended bandwidth

3)  Highlighted, its somewhat surprising no one at X was able to track the # of participants; you would imagine the platform (zoom?) was actively notifying X of the recommended bandwidth

Not Zoom. They were using GoToWebinar from LogMeIn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks 1

I thought the follow up letter and apology was a nice touch.  I did not identify myself when I clicked to participate but they knew I watched.  So those of you who watched or tried to watch and did not get the follow up letter, I would say maybe it's coming.  In any case, I'm sure you will get the points.  They got enough flak about the audio and they don't want any more because of people not getting the promised points.

Hubby and I  both logged in through our email invitations, but no ID or information was requested when we logged in. We stayed with the seminar until they said their goodbyes. We received no follow-up emails, but I will certainly call if we do not get the points.

If you joined from the email link then they had your ID and information. They would know you logged in.
  • Like 1

PUP has actually caused me to block Celebrity marketing emails. 

I did one PUP test on my own and now that I've found this thread I verified I submitted the same answers from post 856 but was informed I failed to answer correctly and wouldn't get any points.  

I endured the Galapagos webinar so unsure if I get those points.  What a disaster that webinar was technically.   You would think if they were planning such a big event they'd practice it first.  The audio was very difficult to hear and the lip sync was so far off I couldn't watch.  Some of the participants had terrible lighting as well.   Is it halloween already?

The good news is that webinar induced me to research the Galapagos which led me to book sister brand SilverSea who also has a brand new destination built luxury ship waiting for her inaugural cruise in the Galapagos.   So kudos to Celebrity for leading to a SilverSea booking, all wasn't wasted in their effort at a webinar.

I'm done with PUP and the marketing emails to chase a few points that won't ever amount to a hill of beans on X.  I'm status matched to Elite based on Royal's C&A which is likely the best I'll ever do with X so a handful of PUP aren't worth the effort when correct answers aren't recognized.  Terrible RCG IT strikes again.  I'm out.    

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm done with PUP and the marketing emails to chase a few points that won't ever amount to a hill of beans on X.  I'm status matched to Elite based on Royal's C&A which is likely the best I'll ever do with X so a handful of PUP aren't worth the effort when correct answers aren't recognized.  Terrible RCG IT strikes again.  I'm out.    

I think you are right that PUP wouldn't mean a hill of beans to you since your Elite status is based on  status matching C&A's.   Glad you found a cruise on Silversea.  That should be even more luxurious.

I find, these days, that planning a cruise, whether I think it will sail or not, helps to beat the doldrums.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 5

On 10/17/2020 at 11:09 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Fair points.  This opens up several questions:

1)  Could you register and attend this event at the last minute?

2)  If yes to #1, did the event link go viral towards the end?

My family of 12 all signed up that day and got on - wasn't last minute though 

On 10/17/2020 at 12:19 PM, Glendakayself said:

Hubby and I  both logged in through our email invitations, but no ID or information was requested when we logged in. We stayed with the seminar until they said their goodbyes. We received no follow-up emails, but I will certainly call if we do not get the points.

Ditto, I joined through the email sent to me after registering.  I joined the event early and watched the entire thing and received no follow up email the next day (or ever) as others have.

I will also 'echo' what others have said about the seminar audio issues.  Currently working in IT, and a couple years back in the area of video conferencing, I totally appreciate the things that can go wrong and how capacity definitely impacts this service so this would be a learning thing for them for sure.  However, my tolerance was very low having to listen to someone without a headset and relying on their laptop/desktop microphone thus allowing one's voice to echo around the room, that was painful.  This is not new technology, I (like many) use a headset for work calls and would never put someone through listening to me talking to them this way even one on one.  I hope this is part of the improvement plan for future seminars as I did otherwise enjoy the event and would look forward to more once improved.

Edited by poffles

Read that fine print if you sail solo

pixel.gif?r=e570cff00c979b33dd8f8696f36b event?d_cid=133503%01156615579&c_emailopen=Y&c_campaignname=Strategic%20Loyalty&c_messagename=Celebrity%20Loyalty%20Double%20Points%20Launch%20OCT%202020%20EM&c_campaigncode=CCC_ZEN_OUR_NAN_MH_USA_NE_80_TA%E2%80%8B
Double Up through December with 2X Club Points. BOOK NOW.
Make your wildest vacation dreams come true in Alaska, experience Old World charm in Europe, or unwind on sun-soaked Caribbean shores—and earn double Club Points. 

Classic members and above will earn double points from now until the end of 2020 when you book a veranda stateroom or higher. That’s in addition to our current offer at the time of your booking.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Offer is valid for sailings from January 1, 2021 – May 4, 2022. Book online with your Captain’s Club member identification number, call us at 1-877-202-4344, or contact your travel advisor before December 31, 2020.
BOOK NOW
LEARN MORE
FEATURED DESTINATIONS
ALASKA - See Sailings

CARIB - See Sailings

EUROPE - See Sailings

CALL 1-877-202-4344  CONTACT YOUR TRAVEL ADVISOR   VISIT CELEBRITY.COM

#CELEBRITYCRUISES Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram  

MANAGE PREFERENCES | FORWARD TO A FRIEND | UNSUBSCRIBE

*Captain's Club Member Offer ("Offer") applies to new individual bookings. Captain's Club Members ("CC Members"), Classic and above, are eligible to receive double Club Points when they book a Veranda stateroom or higher between 10/19/2020 and 12/31/2020 . Offer applies to sailings between 1/1/2021 and 5/4/2022 .The offer applies to each CC Member in a stateroom. All Captain’s Club members, Classic and above, are eligible to participate in this offer. Preview members are not eligible to participate in this offer. Club Points will be added to CC Member's account within 30 days after conclusion of sailing. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking. One offer per CC Member. Single-occupancy staterooms are not eligible for this Offer. Any changes to cruise booking may result in removal of Offer. If you cancel your booking, Offer will not apply. If you move your booking, Offer will apply if all criteria including booking window, stateroom category and tier are still met with the new sailing. If your sailing is cancelled by Celebrity Cruises, no Club Points will be awarded. Offers and cruise prices are subject to availability, cancellation and change without notice at any time.

©2020 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ship's registry: Malta and Ecuador. 

If you wish to change your preferences or opt to be excluded from future commercial e-mails from 
Celebrity Cruises, click here or visit: Celebrity.com.

We hope you enjoyed this e-mail from:
Celebrity Cruises Inc.
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
www.celebrity.com 

Privacy Policy open.aspx?ffcb10-fe6516737460027a7517-fdf113737164037c73127871-fe741570746504797615-fe9a17747565037977-fe22157573620578701379-ff65157975

9 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

What courage to reserve 2 weeks ago for April 2022 the Panama Canal, this promotion should apply to all cruises from x to y date.

I wonder if this will automatically apply and not be a feature they actually add.  It might be that any cruise during this time will get the double points applied after sailing.

Edited ... duh ... just realizing that they say booked before Dec 31st so can't be all that sail ... a bit silly.  I have one booked for next December which I may not sail but if I do I would want the double points ... ugh.

Edited by poffles

Wonderful.  So we pay full price (except taxes) for the 'invisible' 2nd person in the cabin but we don't get the bonus points. What happened to Celebrity's 'Diversity & Inclusion'?  It would seem solo travellers are not diverse enough to be included, and Celebrity continues to discriminate against us!

57 minutes ago, poffles said:

I wonder if this will automatically apply and not be a feature they actually add.  It might be that any cruise during this time will get the double points applied after sailing.

Edited ... duh ... just realizing that they say booked before Dec 31st so can't be all that sail ... a bit silly.  I have one booked for next December which I may not sail but if I do I would want the double points ... ugh.

Would be nice if they did.  It would make up for the points I lost on the cruises that got canceled.  Keep the point count total in 2021 to what I expected to be at before the shutdown.

Just now, WeMissSeaView said:

Would be nice if they did.  It would make up for the points I lost on the cruises that got canceled.  Keep the point count total in 2021 to what I expected to be at before the shutdown.

I know promotions come and go but this one sucks and I don't know why (well really I do know why) they couldn't have just have applied this to any cruise booked prior to end of the year instead of booked 'between' dates.  I just booked couple of weeks ago and I can easily cancel and re-book for the exact same pricing and perks as nothing has changed since I booked and I am pondering the effort.  I know the club is not all that fantastic to some but when you can get more for the same then who the heck wouldn't take them up on it.  I will never be Zenith but it would be nice to get to a level that might give me some benefit ... Elite perks would be nice one day though my luck they will water them down by the time I get there.

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

What courage to reserve 2 weeks ago for April 2022 the Panama Canal, this promotion should apply to all cruises from x to y date.

People are reporting on the Royal board that RCCL is going to award extra point to all cruise in 2021. Here's to hoping it is true and Celebrity will do the same.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:21 PM, garyl62 said:

I have several of the same points as many of you so no reason to repeat them. I had to laugh when LLP explained the thoughts behind the picture of her in her wine room with a cabernet in hand hoping several of us were doing the same thing. Before everything started we took a photo for evidence we attended since we've failed to receive PUP points for other events. Here's to you Lisa!

20201015_170105.jpg

What a great idea! Wish we had thought of this! 

4 minutes ago, Ski-Lady said:

People are reporting on the Royal board that RCCL is going to award extra point to all cruise in 2021. Here's to hoping it is true and Celebrity will do the same.

Oh I hope they do, that would be the nice thing to do and would definitely win 'points' with the loyal cruisers.

I wish I felt better about Celebrity offering extra Power Up Points or Captain’s Club Points in connection with cash outlays for pre purchase of spa and photo packages, or new bookings.

Now, I have been in Celebrity’s corner for many years and I am still firmly entrenched there today. What concerns me is the concept of cash deposits or pre-purchase cash leaving our pockets in a time when, even the most business savvy, cannot predict with any accuracy, which, if any of the major cruise companies will experience financial issues too difficult to overcome.

We had 3 cruises cancelled in 2020 and fully expect our cruises in 2021 may be at risk. Although we really do love Celebrity with a passion, we are not about to give them any more cash until we are confident that the future of cruising is right for us.

If that means our journey to Zenith ends before reaching the finish line, then that’s the way the cookie crumbles for us.

Randy

I just called Celebrity about our November 2021 sailing.  Sadly,  my reservation is under a group booking and currently not eligible for this offer.  I hope my TA will be able to help with this, but will still be happy to be on a Celebrity ship next year!  

On 10/12/2020 at 1:41 PM, wrk2cruise said:

The latest booking offer was 8/19 had to be a sailing between 1/1/2021 and 8/31/2021 and was 80 PUP for balcony or up, I think 50 for inside/oceanview.  If you did a L&S of a previous reservation that would not qualify.  

The book the retreat offer was 7/1 - 7/12

I received the points today because it was not an L&S as I thought but it was booked before the offer came out so I am happy they honored it.