Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

This whole power up points thing is interesting.  In the beginning, I got the e-mails.  Now I don't.  Who knows what changed?  That's why I'm grateful that people are continuing to post the links on here.

As for the social media things, it's always interesting to see how many people can't follow the directions and put their post on the Celebrity page instead.  You do not need to make your page public, just that particular post.

• Like 5

I also wouldn’t make my FB public but my Instagram is public, mostly pictures of places we have visited.   Posted a photo from a previous cruise.  So far cancelled cruises this year cost us 475 points, no way we will reach Zenith with PU points.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:24 AM, Luvcrusn said:

Before posting this I confess to not reading the previous 43 pages of posts. If this is redundant, please forgive and ignore. Yesterday I received an email offering double points for cruises booked between now and December that sailed in 2021 up to May 2022 where balcony or higher accommodations are chosen. Since we recently booked a cruise sailing within that time frame and meeting the criteria for room selection, I called to see if the Captains Club would honor the reservation with double points. They wouldn't, even though, they do acknowledge that I could, without penalty, cancel and rebook and get the double points. It seems to me that X is missing an opportunity for good will with an existing customer in a time that good will is all they have to keep loyal customers. The double points actually costs them nothing. Not giving them might. Feelings?

I’ll play the devil’s advocate on this.  So say you booked 10 days before the promotion (10/9). and as a good will gesture they give you double points, then the next person comes along says but we booked just a few days before they did and other exception (10/1 booking ) Is made  and this continues. At what point does it stop?  All promotions, sales,  coupons have a period that during which they are available. 

We booked a cruise 7 days before the double point offer was announced .

We would cancel and rebook to get double points for the CS booking but the price jumped  $ 600 pp 2 days after we booked.  We are happy with our pricing over the years we have benefited from a number of promotions or price drops and just missed others. 

• Like 3

When you make a post, there is a drop box. I keep mine set on friends. If you click it, you can select Public for the 1 post. When you make your next post, make sure to set it back to Friends so it doesn't default to your last choice. Alternatively you can post it without changing,  then go back and edit the post and change the privacy settings for the one post. Either way, make sure to double check your privacy settings after you're done. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Done for 10 power up points= 1 Captains Club point.

Asks how appealing to pre order items for the cruise to be delivered to the cabin for arrival. No mention of the cost.

I'm sure it will be a bargain!  Cost Plus 300%

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm sure it will be a bargain!  Cost Plus 300%

What could go wrong?

1) Don't forget to tip the crew member who delivers the item(s)!

2) When you order a GoPro, open your delivery and realize its thong bikini, have fun waiting in long guest services line.

3) Don't forget to tip the crew member who re-delivers the GoPro two days later!

🤣

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Asks how appealing to pre order items for the cruise to be delivered to the cabin for arrival. No mention of the cost.

.. assuming over priced and all I buy pre cruise is protein bars and nuts for excursions . Everything else I own. I fill my own travel size containers with shampoos,  etc

21 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I completed questionnaire, this first email I have received for PUP. 1 point is not much, but every little helps!

22 hours ago, roked said:

New simple Power Up questionnaire landed in the UK for 10 points, might be worth a try if you have not had an email on it https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/EarnPointsSurvey?emsc=UKCELCTNTELXCAPCVALLOWHOTNOBKINSTNEW

Thanks for posting, Roked.  My husband and I are chasing one point to Elite Plus.  I've signed up at least four times for the PUP points.  We're at 749 points and counting!  I'm waiting on two points for the Turkey/ Greek survey and five points for the Galapagos seminar( which have not been posted to my account) but maybe, just maybe, this one point survey will push us over the top!!!! Thank you for posting!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Beach Ball said:

Thanks for posting, Roked.  My husband and I are chasing one point to Elite Plus.  I've signed up at least four times for the PUP points.  We're at 749 points and counting!  I'm waiting on two points for the Turkey/ Greek survey and five points for the Galapagos seminar( which have not been posted to my account) but maybe, just maybe, this one point survey will push us over the top!!!! Thank you for posting!

Call Captain's Club. My husband was getting the PUP emails and I wasn't until I called.  Since then we both get them regularly.