balcony 2B

drinks

wifi

$275 obc

fully refundable deposit. 

Offer ends today

$1061 per person

It sounds like a good deal but I usually look at pricing a different way:

If I'm willing to pay the asking price for what I expect in return, then it's a good deal. That way, you don't feel bad if someone else gets a better price!!

In other words, the value is what you place on it, not someone else. IMHO

• Like 2

It’s on the 17 th. I got the quote through Cruise Compete. I guess if it’s A fully refundable deposit I have nothing to lose. I’d rather sail RCCL Allure or Oasis but I’m getting around the same price but without drinks, WiFi or OBC. So that probably comes to about $1600 more per cabin. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Cat said:

It’s on the 17 th. I got the quote through Cruise Compete. I guess if it’s A fully refundable deposit I have nothing to lose. I’d rather sail RCCL Allure or Oasis but I’m getting around the same price but without drinks, WiFi or OBC. So that probably comes to about $1600 more per cabin. 

A no-no to mention a TA by name.  FYI.

And cruising Summit, you’ll not be sharing the ship with another 3,000 more passengers as you would with Allure and Oasis....yup, lots of climbing walls and zip lines and such, but if you’ve cruised a lot, I bet you’ll love the Summit! 

And yes, it is a good deal.

Den

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Looks like a great deal to me!  Is your OBC refundable?  If so, you could take that amount off the price if you don't use it on board.

or use it for the grats, only mentioned drinks and wifi overall.  

34 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

This cruise leaves out of San Juan so unless you live there is it really a good deal? Summit is a nice ship. Not too big.

In my experience flying from ORD to San Juan instead of MIA/FLL is a little more $, maybe $100-$200 PP, sometimes more, sometimes less.  Unless the OP could drive to a Florida port not sure any airfare expense would result in the overall cost still not being a "good deal".  I agree, the Summit is nice, can't wait to get back on her next spring.

Like "beauty" the "good deal" is in the eyes of the beholder. The OP should take the deal if they feel that it is good. I can't judge at this point. I don''t know how the cruise is booking. I Don't know what the price will bid it goes to Exciting Deals. If the OP see a cabin they like and the price is right with them they should book now. If they have hesitation they should chance it and wait. 

The advantage of San Juan is being able to hit more ports in a week than Florida sailings.  Costs more to fly there these days but was a great deal five years ago.  You will get a lot more locals on the ship since if they can't fill it they offer those folks rates that are half of yours.  With the OBC you are paying around $120pp/night which is excellent for a balcony on most ships.  If you like the ports (and we like all the ports sailing from there), buy it!  And if this is an Eastern/Southern alternating series of ports I would highly recommend doing a back to back.

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

And cruising Summit, you’ll not be sharing the ship with another 3,000 more passengers as you would with Allure and Oasis....yup, lots of climbing walls and zip lines and such, but if you’ve cruised a lot, I bet you’ll love the Summit! 

And yes, it is a good deal.

Den

Not really pertinent to the original post but Summit only has approx., 2,500 passengers and no climbing walls or zip lines, except perhaps on executions 😀

54 minutes ago, abritinva said:

Not really pertinent to the original post but Summit only has approx., 2,500 passengers and no climbing walls or zip lines, except perhaps on executions 😀

The OP stated in a 2nd post they’d rather cruise on Allure or Oasis, so my post is ‘really’ pertinent. I should have quoted that post but didn’t realize someone would take issue with such a minor comment. oh well.

Den