Carnival to Dump Six Ships

besberry

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Whilst I am sorry for all those disappointed at their cancelled cruises, I personally hope not. I'm not at all sorry at the loss of business for all those countries/states with very poor, draconian attitudes toward equality and diversity.

Plus 1. 

I can see no attraction whatsoever in a cruise in that area of the world.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Andrew, 

Your  information source was impeccable, thank you for sharing.

Thank you. It was just interesting that the info came from two different sources. Molecrochip obviously has a source with much more in-depth information but my source was pretty definite that her departure was imminent. I was a bit relieved that my source was, as usual, accurate. I would hate to inadvertently post something inaccurate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Thanks Molecrochip for all your excellent information over the last few days, much appreciated

Sorry it wasn't good news to be sharing. This really has happened fast. This time last week all I heard was unsubstantiated rumours and three weeks ago Oceana was definitely due on Tyneside for three months before heading back to the Gulf.

As I posted somewhere else, I don't tend to put something out unless I know it has a solid foundation as it can otherwise upset people unnecessarily. 

Currently Oceana is headed to Weymouth bay for a week or two but thats subject to change. I'm also hearing that she is likely to loose her bow art and branding possibly as soon as today.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

...Currently Oceana is headed to Weymouth bay for a week or two but thats subject to change. I'm also hearing that she is likely to loose her bow art and branding possibly as soon as today.

Wow - that is quick!

We are so sorry to disappoint our guests who were booked on Oceana and we are pleased to offer a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). There’s no need to contact us; once processed, your FCC will be automatically applied against each individual on the booking. If the FCC does not meet your needs and you'd like to request a refund, please visit our website,

thanks Molecrochip, you really are very helpful.

Right now PO does not have any single Cruise in the middle-east or Asia or Australia or Africa.

Oceana was the only ship in the middle East.

Can I use the 125% FCC to book any Carnival Corporation ship or it does have to be only P&O ?

Do I just need to phone my US travel agent to get a full refund in case I can't it use the FCC?

2 minutes ago, drsel said:

thanks Molecrochip, you really are very helpful.

Right now PO does not have any single Cruise in the middle-east or Asia or Australia or Africa.

Oceana was the only ship in the middle East.

Can I use the 125% FCC to book any Carnival Corporation ship or it does have to be only P&O ?

Do I just need to phone my US travel agent to get a full refund in case I can't it use the FCC?

Only P&O I believe.

My deposit is only 135 dollars.

I guess I will have to take a full refund.

my credit card statement showed that the $135 went directly into the agents account and not to p&o Cruises.

so I guess now my agent, ( a giant US online agent who served 8 million customers for 36 years, since 1984), can refund me directly very quickly.

Athough I remember her telling me that the deposit is non refundable under any circumstances whatsoever.

I wonder when I will receive it

8 minutes ago, drsel said:

My deposit is only 135 dollars.
I guess I will have to take a full refund.
I wonder when I will receive it

Get ready to wait another 2-3 weeks the least or a maximum of 120 days. I mean we are already on the way out of the crisis so it shouldnt really take that long for such operation but again - you may never know. I really hope to use my FCC credits at some point, maybe we get lucky 

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Sorry it wasn't good news to be sharing. This really has happened fast. This time last week all I heard was unsubstantiated rumours and three weeks ago Oceana was definitely due on Tyneside for three months before heading back to the Gulf.

As I posted somewhere else, I don't tend to put something out unless I know it has a solid foundation as it can otherwise upset people unnecessarily. 

Currently Oceana is headed to Weymouth bay for a week or two but thats subject to change. I'm also hearing that she is likely to loose her bow art and branding possibly as soon as today.

You played it straight, so happy with that.

Thank you

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

All ready what!

US stats:

New cases yesterday 50,586

New cases over the last 6 days 313,476

Get real, isolate and keep safe.

I wonder if the crisis Roger88 was referring to is the cancellation and refund crisis rather than the Covid crisis?

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

I wonder if the crisis Roger88 was referring to is the cancellation and refund crisis rather than the Covid crisis?

I think only one of your two options should be called a crisis. The other is merely an inconvenience that is being sorted albeit slowly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Why do you keep quoting US stats? It has very little to do with cruises departing from Southampton. 

It is relevant to a couple of thousand passengers due to depart on Arcadia's world cruise with

the first sector finishing in San Francisco in USA. Those finishing there then have to fly back from 

an American airport.

Departs Jan 5th but with final balance payment due end of September so very concerning for us as we 

are on this first leg.

The situation in USA could be worse than now come year end

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drsel said:

So will a 25% bonus to book another cruise, be on the deposit amount or on the total Cruise fare?

It will be on the amount you have already paid so if you have only paid a deposit, that is what the 125% will be based on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malcolm142 said:

It is relevant to a couple of thousand passengers due to depart on Arcadia's world cruise with

the first sector finishing in San Francisco in USA. Those finishing there then have to fly back from 

an American airport.

Departs Jan 5th but with final balance payment due end of September so very concerning for us as we 

are on this first leg.

Absolutely, however, P&O Cruises calling at USA ports are few and far between. 

22 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I think only one of your two options should be called a crisis. The other is merely an inconvenience that is being sorted albeit slowly.

I don't disagree at all but I'm sure P&O will have seen this as a crisis for their business.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

You will also need an Esta and have to go through US immigration although San Francisco immigration are good.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Malcolm142 said:

an American airport.

are on this first leg.

I agree with you there. I am due to join in San Francisco at the end of January for the middle sector.

1 hour ago, mercury7289 said:

All ready what!

US stats:

New cases yesterday 50,586

New cases over the last 6 days 313,476

Get real, isolate and keep safe.

Mercury - Roger lives in a totally different universe to the rest of us, that has no relation to reality!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Ventura has two cruises at the start of 2021 that call at US ports. We were on the January cruise, but moved our deposit- just can't see it going ahead.

• Like 1