US Departures Cancelled Thru Sept 15

bouhunter

18 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

You do realize you are insulting a priest !

No offense intended, but on a public message board one should respond to the content of the post, not to who the poster is or may be "in real life".

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T8NCruise said:

I would normally never take time to defend that poster but I have to ask - how so?  There really wasn't an insult directed at Himself.  But I also have to say that - unless someone has a direct line to the Almighty - we all have exactly the same connections.

"That poster" agrees.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Himself said:

If you had my connections with the Almighty, you would not say that.

This might be the most arrogant thing I have ever read on any message board.  Anywhere.  I don't give a toss what one's profession is. 

That said, we canceled our late fall 20th anniversary 14 day cruise in anticipation of this extending through 2020.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, T8NCruise said:

I would normally never take time to defend that poster but I have to ask - how so?  There really wasn't an insult directed at Himself.  But I also have to say that - unless someone has a direct line to the Almighty - we all have exactly the same connections.

The remark was said with tong in cheek.  I presume Dave SJ was a left wing Jesuit.  SJ are the initials of the Jesuits.   By the way I took the line from the movie PATTON which I saw in 1970.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Himself said:

The remark was said with tong in cheek.  I presume Dave SJ was a left wing Jesuit.  SJ are the initials of the Jesuits.   By the way I took the line from the movie PATTON which I saw in 1970.  

When I was a college student, I met the late Daniel Berrigan. I would imagine he qualified as a "left wing Jesuit".

Sorry, unlike others who may look upon the industry fondly through rose colored glasses,  I am not about to pull out a nose hair and have a good cry about how the media has treated the cruise industry or any one cruise line.  No different than any other for profit large corporation/conglomerate.

To my way of thinking it would be like believing everything that our politicians want us to believe.  Pablum.  I am in the trust but verify group because all too often it fails the smell test.

Edited by iancal

I posted a simple notice of something CRUISE RELATED, and this became a classic example of a pathetic, off topic CC thread in record time.  In under 40 posts it veered off into the "fourth estate" and religion.  Unbelievable.  

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I only sail the S and R ships.  I hope they at least keep one.

I would hate to lose 3 of the 4 "R" Class ships.  I like the Volendam, Zaandam and the Amsterdam. 

2 minutes ago, kangforpres said:

Since the 1st wave keeps rising, and the 2nd wave is suppose to be worse this Fall, don't expect cruising to return to the Western Hemisphere in 2020.

Be Smart, Stay Safe,

-Paul

Nobody knows for sure if there will be a second wave. It's all supposition at this point. Yes, we should be considering the possibility, and preparing for it. Not stating it will happen, or how severe it will be.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 5:50 AM, Himself said:

The media went after Cruise Ships after ABC had contol of Disney Cruise Line. It was NBC and CBS that started this stuff.

The Disney Corp owns ABC, not the other way around. Disney Cruise Line is also owned by Disney Corp, not ABC.

Blaming woes on the press is a rookie move than inexperienced corporations, organizations, and politicians do.  The pros and the survivors know better.  Why....because  eventually the public is generally smart enough to see through the haze.

We have seen a great deal of it lately across all three.

Edited by iancal

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Nobody knows for sure if there will be a second wave. It's all supposition at this point. Yes, we should be considering the possibility, and preparing for it. Not stating it will happen, or how severe it will be.

Have to get through the first wave before we can have a second.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The more I read and see the more convinced I become that cruising will start in the rest of the world before it starts in the US.  CDC does not give a rats rearend if it ever starts.  My prediction is that ultimately public pressure will force the CDC’s hand via political pressures.