What I have learned today

Himself

I have learned today that Holland America and Seaborn are canceling ALL cruises through November 30, 2020.

I also learned that when they sail again HAL will have fewer ships and HAL will probably be a much smaller line.

This is what I learned late this afternoon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Will you show quotable information about this please. My most recent story from today shows Cunard is suspending "until November", not through November and it mentions nothing about HAL....

https://www.afar.com/magazine/cruise-lines-temporarily-suspend-operations-virgin-voyage-delays-launch?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=062220 CruisesSuspended&utm_term=Daily Wander Newsletter

Edited by boze9999

56 minutes ago, Himself said:

I have learned today that Holland America and Seaborn are canceling ALL cruises through November 30, 2020.

I also learned that when they sail again HAL will have fewer ships and HAL will probably be a much smaller line.

I hope you didn't get the information from a left-wing Jesuit.

• Haha 2

As someone who is anxious to get on a ship again, thanks. Every month we keep having to cancel (this will make #5 during our Covid pause)  and now this looks like a
November cancellation - just when I thought we might be good to go.......

3 minutes ago, Himself said:

I did not get it off the WEBSITE, I got it in an email. The ONLY reason I shared it was so many of us are interested in seeing HAL start up again.

I know what AOSUSA stands for without googling it...thanks for the heads up.  I guess our South America/Antarctica/Solar Eclipse Nov. 27 cruise is history.  We got such a good deal on that booking...darn!  DH was worried because he is now in the compromised category, but we will wait for HAL to cancel.  We really weren't hopeful about going, but you never know.  There was a story in our paper about all the problems Chile is having with the virus, especially around Santiago...where we would be flying.

Karen

5 hours ago, Himself said:

Just checked the HAL website and there are no cruises until December 2020.

1 hour ago, Time For Dreaming said:

Just checked the HAL website and there are no cruises until December 2020.

Sure about that??????  I just went on and it showed 65 results for September 27th through November 30th 2020. Not that any of them will operate, but they are showing as bookable. 

Thanks for the news.  I sent my PCC an email requesting verification of this report.  If true I asked the November Zuiderdam to be moved to December and cancel our current December booking.  We have air booked for November so would want to make changes soon.  If this news is true I also requested refund of one set of FCD.

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

There will be lots of changes with all the cruise lines -- fewer ships for sure.

Well there is nothing new about it. We have been warned about it a long time ago. The thing about it is that no one knows who will really survive. Even some big companies have already anounnced being bakcrupt. My only guess is that they will somehow find a way out to deal with all of that. Will see 

Why are people acting like 5-year old kids on Christmas Eve regarding the return of cruising?  The assumptions, wild guesses and illogical predictions are totally useless.

Breathe in, breathe out, buy a few good books, grab your favorite chair and relax.  The cruise lines, I am positive, will let us know when they are ready for us 😏

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, T8NCruise said:

I don't understand certain groups or individuals getting an email with such important news, and no release from HAL.  You would think they would handle it better than this.

Once HAL makes it official then more refunds become due.  They still haven’t finished sending refunds for the first wave of cancellations.

• Like 2