Do you even want to cruise again?

crusinbanjo

• Booked on the Whisper in November....IF she goes it will be the first one for her after the shutdown.  Did not expect that but with the Canadian ports closed, there are no previous cruises for her on this side of the pond.
  • Booked Seabourn Encore November 21 which is a re-booking of the same cruise (Just opposite direction) I was supposed to have been on in May from Dubai to Athens.
  • Looking for something amusing Jan-Feb-Mar of 21 but not sure what I want to do.  Would also consider July-August 21, maybe a river cruise for a change.

Guessing that leads to a YES answer.

8 hours ago, MHF said:
  • Booked on the Whisper in November....IF she goes it will be the first one for her after the shutdown.  Did not expect that but with the Canadian ports closed, there are no previous cruises for her on this side of the pond.
  • Booked Seabourn Encore November 21 which is a re-booking of the same cruise (Just opposite direction) I was supposed to have been on in May from Dubai to Athens.
  • Looking for something amusing Jan-Feb-Mar of 21 but not sure what I want to do.  Would also consider July-August 21, maybe a river cruise for a change.

Guessing that leads to a YES answer.

Hi Missy🙂I  am looking for those same months (beginning of the year) but not sure what I want to do either. And

I want to do another river cruise as well!  So many choices----too bad we have no clue when anything will be up and

running again😲

• Like 1

Week 15 having to stay indoors ( I'm in high risk group UK) no outdoors shopping or even work... So I thought I would cheer myself up and have just watched several video clips from daveywavey70 amazing sailings...  They are great to watch Davey & so professional I don't  think mine would be so entertaining.. thanks for sharing them with us , I could watch them over & over( well I have another 4 weeks at home so any more you could post would be appreciated) happy cruising as soon as it returns 🚢 I'm in .....

• Like 1

Many thanks Lvshack I'm really glad you enjoyed them. I Try and keep them informative because I myself like to soak up information and plan lots for anywhere we're going. The sentiment is greatly appreciated. 🙂 If you subscribe on my youtube chanel you will see my other videos including a few from my Nile Cruise and Greek Islands cruise last year along with some other silly ones.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-xgYqxRax4vC667fVv0Fg?view_as=subscriber

Hi daveywavey70 yes just loved watching them & have now subscribe... I just love cruising and it's the main way mdh & I holiday, that said we luv to try Michelin restaurants when ever possible..we were going back to a beautiful little hotel in Palma the convent de la missio  in June 😞which we stayed & enjoyed a couple of meals in the restaurant 

Marc fosh ( English but living in Palma for about 25years)  fabulous..

We also had a trip in Paris  in march for a concert ( my husband's choice Laura Fabian)

And we were booked in madam pic but alas all cancelled.. also our cruise sorry(crystal )cruise in sept with family all cancelled.. so I luv watching the videos ..infact I've been watching them again today..how smart you look .my husband does love to dress and no evening is casual for him .. photo attached on our last evening on spirit last September

Can't wait to get back on the high seas (silver moon oct2021)IMG_20191007_194530.thumb.jpg.9dc1d9005849b24f86acb4fc4c67c68f.jpg

• Like 2

Very dapper Blazer there. We love making an effort for dinner too. My big downfall is shoes though. I had 10 pairs on my last 10 night cruise. The 4 night one in April to Greece, I braved going with just carry on for the first time in my life but still managed 6 pairs. I’m always getting a row from the OH about it. I’m sorry you’ve had so many things cancelled. It makes you think how we’ve taken such little things as freedom  for granted in the past. Just imagine how much more we’ll all enjoy it when they unlock the Jail doors!

Oh Lois not just 5 pairs !! How many days cruising?? I wish I could keep it down but it just never works out for me. I have one case with just shoes & handbags ..I must admit sometimes some never get used but I like to be prepared 😉 I don't start on dress wear !!!

Although again my husband is worse then me... But he does dress every evening wether it be casual or black tie ..he's always jacket &tie ...no less then we expect our butler to wear when we dine at home ...lo!😉 Hope you are keeping well ? I do follow your posts ..

How many days? Any amount.....my last cruise with SS was 9 nights back in January (before the pandemic).  When

I sailed out of Venice last year? It was a week on a River Cruise. Probably 5 pairs--maybe 6 on that one since one

pair was for walking during the day.  But normally I can do 5 pairs for all my cruises.  I normally wear the same pair

of black sandals for evenings every night....they go with all the evening attire🙂

I am doing well, thanks for thinking of me.🙂  I tried a Cauliflower crust pizza for lunch today. It tasted pretty good!😃

And I am sure the carbs were much lower than regular dough!!!!!!!  It was a small pizza with roma tomatoes, spinach

and artichokes (and cheese of course). I have a lot leftover.....only ate 2 slices. 

Oh I get confused which board I should be answering to🙃 well I think daveywavey70 probably has the gold medal for shoes on a cruise!!! Just read about your pizza Lois  and it's sounds well not sure !!!! Did you eat out???  I'm not so good keeping to good things to eat &drink... We  in the UK untill tomorrow (4thjuly..now to be our independence day lol ) have not been able to go to any bars/restaurants since 20th march so not sure just yet about getting out there 🤔 daveywavey70 I've been looking at your video at as in today they are so good. I miss cruising 😭 so much .

The flower posted on another post looks lovely & Terry Ohio your weather is only dreams for us in the UK 😎 ( j know it's probably on other boards..forgive me)

• Like 1

The pizza was very good😃 and yes I ate out. It had roma tomatoes, artichokes and spinach on it.......along

with cheese of course. The dough was not like regular dough of course, but it did taste pretty good!  I have to

be really watchful of what I eat these days and this definitely satisfied a pizza craving😃

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TRIPACIAN said:

We just booked the Moon TA March 17! 2021, 27 days from Ft Lauderdale to Athens!  Yes we do want to cruise!!!

This Cruise is 8 1/2 months away so we are optimistic it will go forward!

Hi, I was looking at that one too..........haven't decided for sure but thinking about it!....I was looking

at the 15 nights...ending in Barcelona.

• Like 1

Certainly want to go cruising.Still booked on the Moon TA late October but us Aussies are almost certainly not going to be allowed to leave then.So hoping cancelled by SS.

First definite cruise now not until Early 2022 with 3 segments on the Moon Singapore to Athens.

But hope to book the Dawn inaugural TA in November 2021.

• Like 1

Yes. We just booked Singapore to Tokyo in May 2022, taking advantage of our credit and the June promotions. I guess we’ll decide in early 2022 to bail for only $200, if things are still ugly. Everything down to that huge long air trip the way things are now gives me the Willie’s. But hopefully things will be much better 2 years from now. 

To the comments on Venice/Ravenna. Ravenna is too often overlooked. It’s quite amazing and still close enough to Venice for an easy trip. And, I know many disagree,  but those ships disgorging thousands of passengers just don’t belong in Venice. I’d actually love to sneak in now and see Venice without the throngs of tourists. 

• Like 3

On 7/4/2020 at 2:39 PM, milepig said:

I’d actually love to sneak in now and see Venice without the throngs of tourists. 

Absolutely. I love Venice and it's only the crowds (and some of the rip-off merchants) that put me off.

On 7/4/2020 at 2:39 PM, milepig said:

Yes. We just booked Singapore to Tokyo in May 2022, taking advantage of our credit and the June promotions. I guess we’ll decide in early 2022 to bail for only $200, if things are still ugly. Everything down to that huge long air trip the way things are now gives me the Willie’s. But hopefully things will be much better 2 years from now. 

To the comments on Venice/Ravenna. Ravenna is too often overlooked. It’s quite amazing and still close enough to Venice for an easy trip. And, I know many disagree,  but those ships disgorging thousands of passengers just don’t belong in Venice. I’d actually love to sneak in now and see Venice without the throngs of tourists. 

But wouldn't you be a tourist???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, les37b said:

Absolutely. I love Venice and it's only the crowds (and some of the rip-off merchants) that put me off.

The best time to  visit Venice is right now! 😘

IMG-20200619-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200619-WA0005.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lvshack said:

But wouldn't you be a tourist???

well, yes, but not a one day cruise ship type. We’d find a local apartment for a month, shop in the shops, eat in our favorite spots away from the throngs, do a museum a day, and just soak up the beauty without being jostled right and left, and walk and walk and walk. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, milepig said:

well, yes, but not a one day cruise ship type. We’d find a local apartment for a month, shop in the shops, eat in our favorite spots away from the throngs, do a museum a day, and just soak up the beauty without being jostled right and left, and walk and walk and walk. 

Oh yes that's the way to do it!!! I'm very fortunate to  be able to  fly to Venice within a couple of hours & be in Harry's bar by lunch time!!! We have had a  couple of long weekends and also lots of cruises starting from and ending in Venice...

Having said that I would love  to go  to Chicago 😊 

30 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Oh yes that's the way to do it!!! I'm very fortunate to  be able to  fly to Venice within a couple of hours & be in Harry's bar by lunch time!!! We have had a  couple of long weekends and also lots of cruises starting from and ending in Venice...

Having said that I would love  to go  to Chicago 😊 

We last went to Venice in February 2019 and stayed a week - it was fabulous and almost empty of tourists.  I'm afraid Harry's Bar is precisely the sort of tourist trap we avoid, though we did have an al fresco lunch at Quadri's on the square.  

Edited by Fletcher

2 hours ago, MJN1 said:

The best time to  visit Venice is right now!

YES! agree that Venice right now would be wonderful.  First visited there in December 1970.  Enjoyed that time of the year as the tourist did not over-run this charming and historic location with so much character. Love Venice so much, especially when getting away from the tourist crowds!!  Below is a link to my postings with many, many pictures from Venice, plus many other details and background.  Also have just a couple of my visuals from Venice. 

For MJN1, I also love your Salzburg, Austria.  That's an amazing location with such exciting history, architecture, people, etc., etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 88,099 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

This picture shows San Giorgio Maggiore, a 16th century Benedictine church built between 1566 and 1610. The gondolas are docked in the foreground in the main part of Venice. There were eight to ten thousand gondolas during the 17th and 18th century with only about four hundred in active service today.: 

VeniceGondBldgsDistnance.jpg

Along a canal, this is Da Raffaelle where we had an outdoor table right next to the waterway. Wonderful food and spectacular setting. It is located at Ponte delle Ostreghe 2347. It is west of San Marco Square and south of La Fenice Opera House.: 

VeniceCanalDiningRaffae.jpg

• Like 1