The over 90 day club

As a Pinnacle member, It's getting harder to be "loyal to Royal" as the days drag on. We were on the Grandeur March 7 cruise, one of the last before everything came to a full stop. The cruise returned on March 19 after visiting two ports on a 12 night cruise. We applied for a refund as instructed, tomorrow is July, well beyond 90 days. We are also waiting for refund on May 28, Canada, NE, that Royal Cancelled along with FCC from Oasis Bayonne cruise. I check email and credit card every morning, nothing. No status, nothing, it would be nice to maybe get a email that says, "we are working on it, and we really want you back". I understand that a refund must go through accounting, but a FCC takes a click of a computer keyboard. 

Edited by djjoe
more info
  • Like 1

The cruise lines have NO cash....they've refunded all the cash they have.  When they start accepting reservations again, the cash will come back....hopefully.

The cash they take from YOU for your next cruise is paying the bills they incurred LAST month...that's how business works most of the time.  Be patient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djjoe said:

As a Pinnacle member, It's getting harder to be "loyal to Royal" as the days drag on. We were on the Grandeur March 7 cruise, one of the last before everything came to a full stop. The cruise returned on March 19 after visiting two ports on a 12 night cruise. We applied for a refund as instructed, tomorrow is July, well beyond 90 days. We are also waiting for refund on May 28, Canada, NE, that Royal Cancelled along with FCC from Oasis Bayonne cruise. I check email and credit card every morning, nothing. No status, nothing, it would be nice to maybe get a email that says, "we are working on it, and we really want you back". I understand that a refund must go through accounting, but a FCC takes a click of a computer keyboard. 

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

There's your issue, don't expect anything via those methods - call.

We did, Royal won't discuss this with us, TA says we must be patient. Please don't anyone tell us we need a new TA, this was "one and done" as we usually book direct with the cruise line. 

Here's our story. Apologize in advance for the length.  djjoe, I have faith your refund and FCC will happen.

I cancelled on March 10 for an April 12 cruise. FCC received in about 45 days. We received our taxes refund last week which was a week past the 90 day mark.

The really crazy thing is Royal cancelled a May 31 cruise we were to have taken with friends. Immediately upon receiving the email, I opted for the refund. That refund showed up in about 3 weeks. 

The friends we were to have cruised with on May 31 cancelled the same time we did.  Their refund took about 60 days. 

I also cancelled an August 28 cruise on May 26, right before final payment was to be due  I knew our deposit would be eligible for an FCC.  Got that email yesterday with the FCC. That took about 30 days.

So, who knows?  This refund and FCC business is all over the board as far as wait times. This whole process is requiring an extreme amount of patience, which I grew weary of hearing I needed to exhibit.

Hoping you will check that credit card statement online and email one morning and be pleasantly surprised and relieved to have received your refund and FCC!

1 hour ago, Bestbubba said:

We did, Royal won't discuss this with us, TA says we must be patient.

Call several times until you get someone who will talk to you or tell RCI the TA is unresponsive. 

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I would be disputing that with my credit card company

I am still waiting to hear about being reimbursed for flights in connection with our  cancelled by RCI 2/24/20 Quantum 9 day Hong Kong to Singapore cruise. 3 weeks before the cruise it got changed to roundtrip Singapore, then cancelled on 2/14/20.  Received refund for cruise on2/19/20, started the process to get some money for useless airline tickets.  On 3/26/20 I received an email giving me a phone number to call to resolve plane tickets.  Wrote back, told them I was in the Philippines boondoggle, would call after flying home on 4/21/20.  Flight got pushed back to 6/9/20 and then 6/18/20.  Informed her of all the changes by email.  Have called back twice since and left messages, so far no response.  Called credit card where I have a credit of over 5,000, was told it will take 3 weeks to send me a check.  Looking forward to getting all this resolved, taking another year off from cruising and chasing my money.  Will dispute with credit card as a last resort.

I did a L&S for my November 2020 sailing only because my deposit was NR.  If my deposit was refundable I would have canceled, but I really have nothing to lose to L&S. 

For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone is making future bookings right now and handing money over to any cruise line until this thing is under control.

• Like 4

On 6/30/2020 at 11:27 PM, Biker19 said:

There's your issue, don't expect anything via those methods - call.

That does not help either. Zillion phone calls later, for us it is day 108 with missing refund

Day 105 here.  For the refunds we did get, called RCI credit card at Bank of America to get a cash refund for $4,000 credit balance.  Said it would take 3 weeks to send me a check.  Been waiting 10 days so far.

19 hours ago, mek said:

I did a L&S for my November 2020 sailing only because my deposit was NR.  If my deposit was refundable I would have canceled, but I really have nothing to lose to L&S. 

For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone is making future bookings right now and handing money over to any cruise line until this thing is under control.

Agree- if the cruise line goes chap 11, we will all loose our money.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 5:57 PM, cb at sea said:

The cruise lines have NO cash....they've refunded all the cash they have.  When they start accepting reservations again, the cash will come back....hopefully.

The cash they take from YOU for your next cruise is paying the bills they incurred LAST month...that's how business works most of the time.  Be patient.

Royal has PLENTY of cash to make refunds. 

i have now disputed charges for 3 cancelled cruises and have 100% of my money back on all of them. 

22 hours ago, mek said:

I got sucked into finding some bargain cruises to L and S, not existing bookings.  Time will tell if I screwed up or not😇

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Royal has PLENTY of cash to make refunds. 

i have now disputed charges for 3 cancelled cruises and have 100% of my money back on all of them. 

Still waiting for a choice air refund.  My sailing was in March.  They keep saying "tomorrow"- but tomorrow never comes!