What are your Favorite Cocktail(s) on board

BklynBoy8

While reading a post on a different thread, a mention was made of Miami Vice.  It has been a long time since I ordered one of those!  Really, I had forgotten them.  So good; so attractive in the glass.  

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

While reading a post on a different thread, a mention was made of Miami Vice.  It has been a long time since I ordered one of those!  Really, I had forgotten them.  So good; so attractive in the glass.  

Give me a Zombie!  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

LOL...as long as you don’t end up wearing a lamp shade!  

Use to get them in old fashion chinese restaurants with the Green Leather Couch Booths.

Along with other Umbrella drinks. Going out this weekend with friends and they have on the menu drink called Hurricane Nick's. Like a Blue Hawaiian but the Chef's creation. I liked the first time but the last time it hit me 35 minutes later. But I Like It!

It looks like this thread has a life of its own! ... 🙂 ...

Therefore, a quick story ... on an Azamara ship I asked a bartender, just for fun, if he knew which adult beverage was known as the "milk of the strong" ... no answer so my hint was it was a drink from Greece ...

that question still stumped this bartender and all others on the ship I queried ...

so for my demonstration I would ask for a shot of OUZO in a rocks glass ... it appeared crystal clear, of course ... then I would ask for a rocks glass of just ice and a spoon ...

then I placed some of the ice into the rocks glass with the OUZO ... within seconds I had produced a milky white drink ... "the milk of the strong" ...

I always sip my OUZO on the rocks! ... 🙂 ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Use to get them in old fashion chinese restaurants with the Green Leather Couch Booths.

That's where I got mine.  My team at work went to lunch at a Chinese restaurant to celebrate one of our co-workers retiring.  Everyone had one drink and I had my first Zombie.  Luckily, we had walked to the place and I didn't have to drive.  I avoided my boss the rest of the day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seamus69 said:

That's where I got mine.  My team at work went to lunch at a Chinese restaurant to celebrate one of our co-workers retiring.  Everyone had one drink and I had my first Zombie.  Luckily, we had walked to the place and I didn't have to drive.  I avoided my boss the rest of the day.

LOL...they don’t call it a Zombie for nothing.  I love tiki drinks...probably because I love exotic fruit juices...and rum!  My current favorite is passion fruit.  Mai Tai,, Singapore Slings, Planters Punch, Scorpio Bowls, Navy Grog, Fog Cutters and...yes...Zombies are all in my wheel house.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GlobalMethod said:

It looks like this thread has a life of its own! ... 🙂 ...

Therefore, a quick story ... on an Azamara ship I asked a bartender, just for fun, if he knew which adult beverage was known as the "milk of the strong" ... no answer so my hint was it was a drink from Greece ...

that question still stumped this bartender and all others on the ship I queried ...

so for my demonstration I would ask for a shot of OUZO in a rocks glass ... it appeared crystal clear, of course ... then I would ask for a rocks glass of just ice and a spoon ...

then I placed some of the ice into the rocks glass with the OUZO ... within seconds I had produced a milky white drink ... "the milk of the strong" ...

I always sip my OUZO on the rocks! ... 🙂 ...

Ouzo on the rocks is nice but give me 5-6 or 7 star Metaxa!  This is my favorite brandy even preferred above the expensive French brandies.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Mai Tai,, Singapore Slings,

How could I have overlooked those two!  Well made, they are delicious!  

HAL's bartenders serve a drink called a Wang Wang.  I have never had one; I have heard that one is sufficient.  Two?  Someone may need to help you to "find your way home".  

13 hours ago, GlobalMethod said:

We have a magician among us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

How could I have overlooked those two!  Well made, they are delicious!  

HAL's bartenders serve a drink called a Wang Wang.  I have never had one; I have heard that one is sufficient.  Two?  Someone may need to help you to "find your way home".  

RK, I think I will book a cruise on HAL just to try a Wang Wang!  

Wang Wang cocktail...

1/4 oz each:

vodka

gin

white rum 

Scotch

bourbon

tequila

triple sec

brandy

top off with orange juice and pineapple juice

Good luck trying to walk in a straight line after 2 of these!!

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

RK, I think I will book a cruise on HAL just to try a Wang Wang!  

Wang Wang cocktail...

1/4 oz each:

vodka

gin

white rum 

Scotch

bourbon

tequila

triple sec

brandy

top off with orange juice and pineapple juice

Good luck trying to walk in a straight line after 2 of these!!

Thanks for the ingredients list.  Now, I know I won't ever order one of those bad boys!

Once we return to restaurants again, I want to try a drink my Dad use to make.

Moscow Mule...... He had the Copper Mugs for the Drink.

It is starting to show up in restaurants after a long time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

We have a magician among us!

Yes ... also mystical ... 🙂 ... Actually the "magic" is in the anise in OUZO reacting with the ice ... don't tell the bartenders but this "magic" will also work with "SAMBUCA" ... 🙂 ...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Ouzo on the rocks is nice but give me 5-6 or 7 star Metaxa!  This is my favorite brandy even preferred above the expensive French brandies.  

Metaxa is another wonderful product from Greece ... it could not be used in my demonstration created for "fun" since it doesn't contain anise to change its color to milky white with ice ...

still, it is the kind of spirit that could make one spirtual!

3 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

The "Moscow Mule" is an amazing cocktail! I often order it on cruises but not so much at my local joints ... 🙂 ...

5 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

The Moscow mule is a featured drink in the MSC Yacht Club...very good.

5 hours ago, GlobalMethod said:

The "Moscow Mule" is an amazing cocktail! I often order it on cruises but not so much at my local joints ... 🙂 ...

Moscow Mule is just starting to return to USA and local East Coast Restaurants/Bars.

Unfortunately and very disappointing some are altering it in some ways from the Original and Authentic Recipe. The best version is with Ginger Beer from Jamaica itself. And there is something with the Copper Mugs with the Beer & Lime Juice that creates a chemical reaction I was taught.

"Some experts say that the mug enhances the individual flavors of the ginger beer, vodka, and lime. The copper begins to oxidize when the vodka touches the walls of the mug, they say, which slightly boosts the aroma and enhances the taste of the vodka" Also the copper enhances the chill of the contents."

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

the Copper Mugs with the Beer & Lime Juice that creates a chemical reaction I was taught.

"Some experts say that the mug enhances the individual flavors of the ginger beer, vodka, and lime. The copper begins to oxidize when the vodka touches the walls of the mug, they say, which slightly boosts the aroma and enhances the taste of the vodka" Also the copper enhances the chill of the contents."

Yes! ... that is partially why I like it on a cruise ... my local joints can't serve it like you are reporting, even if I tell them the recipe!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is pretty cool that is for sure....lots of interesting drinks and we all have what we like that is for sure.  First, and not that it matters, but I drink way more on a cruise than I ever do at home.

And as for what I drink? Well, someone mentioned a Mudslide early on.........that is my pool side drink too😃

I love Frangelica in the evenings.......sometimes on the rocks, sometimes straight up. Same with Baileys and Amaretto.  I enjoy all 3 of them..

Martinis? A French Martini for me---usually after I board. It has always been my "I am sailing again" drink😃 so I will be planning to have 1 or 2 next month.

And I love wine too...........my favorite is a Pinot Noir.

And BB, your first post said you enjoy a Manhattan......my BIL is a Manhattan drinker too......He can put some of them away that is for sure.

And for CGTNORMANDIE,  I hope you are doing well......when this thread started you were on Dialysis.......are you still? 

• Like 1