Are vaccines the light at the end of the tunnel?

Ken the cruiser

On 6/9/2021 at 1:23 PM, TeeRick said:

I love it when true anti-Vax wackadoos do public stuff like this.  It is more than humorous and if you are dumb enough to believe stuff like this I am glad you will not be on my cruise ship.

After all the expert advice from folks like yourself there are still " Idiots "on CC that are anti-vaxers and somehow they will manager to get on ships with fake documents. 

That " Goof " would have been great on the Jerry Springer show in a fist fight with her 14 yr old child or 93 yr old parent--- if you know what I mean ??

( LOL ). FYI--- The answer is NO---- I didn't watch it nor would I have qualified to be a participant

22 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I snorted my lunch. We ate at a Legal Seafood in Boston once just off ?Kenmore, close to MIT and one set of silverware was magnetized when we unwrapped it. I remember wondering just what was going on at MIT - now I know, they were developing vaccines!

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Den,

I am vaccinated so I decided not to golf in thunderstorms.

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

Apparently this has happened with vaccines before. Uri Geller's secret was to get a dose so strong he could bend spoons.

Now you just stop it. These people are just trying to help us and these posts can hurt their feelings. Well, their ‘words’ can get us killed, but what the heck. 

den

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The agency is announcing today that it is authorizing for use, under the emergency use authorization (EUA) for the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine, two batches of vaccine drug substance manufactured at the Emergent BioSolutions facility in Baltimore. 

FDA also extending the expiration date by another 90 days.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-takes-steps-increase-availability-covid-19-vaccine

• Like 1

Some more magnetic humor on the vaccine.  It is just astonishing what people believe!  Or how completely ignorant of their facts and science. Vaccinated people on ship should be pretty careful around the bins of knives and forks at the buffet.  Or insist on plastic utensils.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/558144-woman-fails-to-prove-the-covid-19-vaccine-made-her-magnetic-during-ohio

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Some more magnetic humor on the vaccine.  It is just astonishing what people believe!  Or how completely ignorant of their facts and science. Vaccinated people on ship should be pretty careful around the bins of knives and forks at the buffet.  Or insist on plastic utensils.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/558144-woman-fails-to-prove-the-covid-19-vaccine-made-her-magnetic-during-ohio

I think there is a solid argument for requiring vaccines that has absolutely nothing to do with covid. 

3 minutes ago, D C said:

I think there is a solid argument for requiring vaccines that has absolutely nothing to do with covid. 

May you please clarify…the vaccines being administered now have everything to do with Covid.  

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

May you please clarify…the vaccines being administered now have everything to do with Covid.  

He was responding to the post about a woman trying to prove the magnetization theory, so I'd hazard a guess that it was tongue in cheek: vaxxing to make people magnetic!

Either that, or maybe to draw some people with twisted thinking out into the open?

Edited by mayleeman

12 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Thankfully, Roger's been vaccinated!  Just be careful in the kitchen!

W7aefc.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2021 at 10:24 AM, TeeRick said:

We have no vaccine records database in our state (PA) as far as I can tell.  I sent a copy of my CDC card to my primary care physician.  It is now in my record there. Best I could do.  Not sure if that counts as official when I travel. It would be nice (but not at all likely) if the State Dept/ Customs would keep a record with our passports.

I honestly had no idea if Florida Dept. of Health had my immunization records. So.......I asked my PCP to obtain my immunization records from the Florida Dept. of Health. By the following day, I was notified to come pick up my immunization records from my PCP office.

I now have a copy of my immunzation records with the State of Florida letterhead. This record lists my PCPs name and address as the agency requesting these records. To my absolute surprise, this record includes my childhood immunizations when I was a resident of New York State. This record also includes all my immunizations to date, including my two Moderna vaccines and lists each dose administration date and the location of the administrations.

Needless to say, I'm extremely impressed with the State of Florida Health Department. This record, along with my CDC card along with my original emails from my Covid vaccine provider that contains the bar codes for my Covid immunizations registration should be enough to prove that I am vaccinated.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 2

On 6/9/2021 at 12:23 PM, K.T.B. said:

This may be deleted, but I really needed to share this. 

This is the supreme idiocy that those of us who are vaccinated will be dealing with when we get back to cruising:  LINK   It's not political per se, but the commentary is... something.

:classic_laugh:

The really sad part is that there are people who believe this sort of thing. Sad indeed.

Another very good vaccine.  Results from Novavax phase 3.  This one is a bit tricky I think now for an EUA.  But the FDA might see it as a traditional subunit vaccine and a way to get some of the vaccine-hesitant population over the hump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/14/novavax-says-its-covid-vaccine-is-90percent-effective-plans-to-submit-data-to-fda-in-third-quarter-.html

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LGW59 said:

9 hours ago, mayleeman said:

He was responding to the post about a woman trying to prove the magnetization theory, so I'd hazard a guess that it was tongue in cheek: vaxxing to make people magnetic!

Either that, or maybe to draw some people with twisted thinking out into the open?

More that it would keep some serious wackadoos off the ship 🙂

2 hours ago, jgmorgan said:

Maybe the directional orientation of the vaccine magnets could be used to enforce social distancing.  If they could just figure out how to align the magnets properly... 

It depends on which arm you use to get your jabs. Left arm attracts, right arm repels. To neutralize the magnetic effect, I had one shot in each arm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jgmorgan said:

Maybe the directional orientation of the vaccine magnets could be used to enforce social distancing.  If they could just figure out how to align the magnets properly... 

Too bad vaccines don't make people radioactive.  At least then we could carry geiger counters.   With it being just magnetism, throwing silverware at people to check their status might be seen as anti-social behaviour to some. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, D C said:

Too bad vaccines don't make people radioactive.  At least then we could carry geiger counters.   With it being just magnetism, throwing silverware at people to check their status might be seen as anti-social behaviour to some. 

High quality silverware won't exhibit much magnetic properties.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Another very good vaccine.  Results from Novavax phase 3.  This one is a bit tricky I think now for an EUA.  But the FDA might see it as a traditional subunit vaccine and a way to get some of the vaccine-hesitant population over the hump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/14/novavax-says-its-covid-vaccine-is-90percent-effective-plans-to-submit-data-to-fda-in-third-quarter-.html

I'm actually super excited about it, and I think there's good reason for EUA.  It's a much more conventional protein subunit vaccine, which have been around for a while and have not been shown to have long term side effects.  Some of the most valid reasons to avoid the current 3 vaccines are due to the unknown potential for long term side effects.

Hopefully they will get it validated for children quickly, who have the most chance of developing long term side effects.  Hopefully it will also allay the fears of some fence-sitters and convince them to get a more conventional vaccine, to get closer to herd immunity.

I am a little worried though, that conspiracy theorists will jump all over the word "nano" and I wonder what crazy theory will pop up next.

10 hours ago, Lady Chew said:

I wonder if we'll have trouble walking past all of the cabin doors ... 

Some cruiselines discourage door decorations, but vaccinated passengers will still be able to wear theirs around the ship.

• Haha 1