Riviera Penthouse Suite

Floridastorm

37 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My experience is that the holding area for luggage can get chaotic along with the customs line. We have not experienced debarkation on Oceania. Was assuming it would be the same. No?

It is probably the  same as larger ships just on a smaller scale

They have timed disembarkation   but many people  cannot tell time so line up blocking the exit from the ship

If we are not in a hurry  we just  book  8:30 ish  time slot

most of the bags in the terminal have thinned out &  it is sorted by colour & number  so easy to locate

If you want off early  they have those self assist pax are off first   then  they  can start offloading the bags

My pet peeve  are those with large cases standing  near the railing on deck 6 (O class) blocking the line  to get off

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

I am hoping that if and when we travel things will pretty well be back to normal. If it isn't then we will not go.

Yes, very well said. We feel the same way.

10 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Seems as though the PH experience is truly a first class one. I think a lot of women enjoy the ambiance of dining in a nice restaurant. My wife is no exception. We guys could care less. At least most of us.  However, if she can order from any restaurant on board and have it in the cabin then at least a couple of the time we can do it that way. 🙄

The downside to keep in mind is that the dining space on the O Class ships(Marina & Riviera) is extremely cramped. 

6 hours ago, ORV said:

The downside to keep in mind is that the dining space on the O Class ships(Marina & Riviera) is extremely cramped. 

We had breakfast in our penthouse on days when we had early excursions, and we were definitely cramped.  We much rather enjoy dinner in one of the specialty restaurants.  Our butler arranged extra reservations for the specialty restaurants.

6 hours ago, ORV said:

I don't feel that way - certainly not extremely cramped.

The butler places a table top on the small table and when the food is served course by course it is certainly manageable - for us anyway.

The trade-off if not able to get an extra reservation at Jacques or not wanting to dress for dinner after a long day out  is worth the trade-off for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

Please remember to consult your Butler, before just ordering in suite. He may already have received ten (10) other requests before yours, and you might not unwittingly want to be #11! 🥴

Good point.

We always decide early in the day knowing the menus in other restaurants and our program for the day.

Also, while you may order from any specialty restaurant, the entire dinner that night is to be from the same restaurant.

The exception might be a combination from Polo & Toscana as they share the same kitchen.

5 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I don't feel that way - certainly not extremely cramped.

The butler places a table top on the small table and when the food is served course by course it is certainly manageable - for us anyway.

The trade-off if not able to get an extra reservation at Jacques or not wanting to dress for dinner after a long day out  is worth the trade-off for us.

I've seen this table top you speak of on the R ships, but not the O. Hmm, perhaps it's because we've only had breakfast there. To me, anything less than the dining area in an Oceania Suite is pretty much too small and akin to eating in a car, like in a drive though. But to each their own.

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

I've seen this table top you speak of on the R ships, but not the O. Hmm, perhaps it's because we've only had breakfast there. To me, anything less than the dining area in an Oceania Suite is pretty much too small and akin to eating in a car, like in a drive though. But to each their own.

On the O ships, I actually allow my wife to eat “ at the table “,while taking my plate and eating on the coffee table. Far to cramped for us! I actually prefer en-suite in a R ship to an O. Only upside to the O ships is 4 restaurants to 2 to choose from. 

When we dine en-suite, we most often just do an assortment of appetizers along with a bottle of wine. Personally not big on doing full blown meals, think prime rib or other big dishes, in such confined conditions with a total lack of atmosphere!

19 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Regarding late luggage collection upon the end of the cruise, does Oceania allow for one to keep their luggage and do self assist on debarkation day or is it mandatory to put one's luggage out in the corridor?

We did this on March 11 when disembarking Riviera in Miami at my husband’s suggestion because we had a flight directly to Cincinnati from Fort Lauderdale that had been moved up to around noon, and he simply hates getting up early.  We were so very glad we did so because when we walked off the ship at 8:30 am no color tags had been called yet to disembark.  (I do not know the reason.)

Once we passed through the scrum lined up on Deck 6, we were able to catch the one elevator in Oceania’s Miami terminal and get through the customs/immigration line right as the first color was called for disembarkation.  We walked out of the terminal and called our Uber, missing out on a great deal of time stress.

Bonus: we always dine at Polo on our last night onboard so we did not have to pack in the afternoon nor sort what we needed to retain in our cabin overnight by  the 10 pm luggage pickup time!  

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Looks like unbearable hardship 😀

That's the entree - the app & dessert plates are smaller.

Great for breakfast.  Have not tried dinner there. Probably would not like it. 

I have to say that as far as PH cabins, we find the dining circumstance far better in the "R" ships.  Once we started booking OC and VS cabins on the "O" ships, we saw the difference.

I'm NOT saying you have to book a top suite to have a comfortable dinner en suite.  But as far as the dining is concerned, we prefer the set-up in the "R" ships as compared to the "O" ships.  The "O" ship PH cabins do have more space in general, especially the closet is better.  But we really didn't like the table setup at the foot of the bed.

That's NOT to say that we refused to order dinner into the PH on Marina!  We did!  But we didn't like the setup.

It's still lovely after a long day of touring just to order in .... from any restaurant.  And just to relax at dinner time and not having to dress up ...

Mura

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mura said:

I have to say that as far as PH cabins, we find the dining circumstance far better in the "R" ships.  Once we started booking OC and VS cabins on the "O" ships, we saw the difference.

I'm NOT saying you have to book a top suite to have a comfortable dinner en suite.  But as far as the dining is concerned, we prefer the set-up in the "R" ships as compared to the "O" ships.  The "O" ship PH cabins do have more space in general, especially the closet is better.  But we really didn't like the table setup at the foot of the bed.

That's NOT to say that we refused to order dinner into the PH on Marina!  We did!  But we didn't like the setup.

It's still lovely after a long day of touring just to order in .... from any restaurant.  And just to relax at dinner time and not having to dress up ...

Mura

Do folks dress up for dinner on Oceana ships? I thought that Resort Casual meant a nice collared shirt and trousers for men. just curious.😕

1 hour ago, Floridastorm said:

Do folks dress up for dinner on Oceana ships? I thought that Resort Casual meant a nice collared shirt and trousers for men. just curious.😕

some will wear a jacket  but not required

Personal choice

8 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

If you book an evening at "La Reserve" (and please look into this additional expense - it's a WONDERFUL setting and an even better meal - I'll make a sep. post about this).....you will likely see 70% of the men in a jacket, no tie.

• Like 1

If you are at all a "foodie" then an evening at La Reserve is something to consider.  These meals remain some of the best we have had, on or off a ship.  They are not included in the cruise fare, and the prices can be an "ouch", and int he case of the Dom Perignon evening, an "OW!  Ow ow!".  But if you look at it as an opportunity to have a meal at a one-star on land, it becomes much more enticing.

I belive these evenings can be booked as soon as shore-x is available to be booked.  And they sell out quickly.  

La Reserve also offers, occasionally, over the course of the cruise, wine-tastings or (even better) wine and tapas.  They still charge you for the wine by the glass, but the offerings are different than in the bars, and the service and ambiance is superior.  If you purchase the Prestige Beverage Package, then nearly all the wines poured at wine tastings are included.  The tapas, of course, if included regardless.

The three menus:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/20310/La-Reserve-Odyssey-Menu.pdf

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/81604440389/La-Cuisine-Bourgeoise-Menu.pdf

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/81604527623/la-reserve-dom-perignon-experience-dinner.pdf

Article from Forbes about La Reserve: https://www.forbes.com/sites/irenelevine/2019/01/16/a-new-tasting-experience-at-sea-unlike-any-other/#3579a7fb3328

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

I belive these evenings can be booked as soon as shore-x is available to be booked.  And they sell out quickly.  

With the increased spacing requirements for dining venues, reservations will be as scarce as hen's teeth. Who knows if La Reserve will even be open for the forseeable future? 😢

One thing we look forward to in a PH suite is the ability to have a wonderful meal in a comfortable setting.  With the Wuhan virus still being front and center when we (hopefully) cruise this Nov, the last thing I want to do is sit with other people, masked, talking about the virus.

58 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

I know I've read some comments from industry professionals stating that room service may actually be encouraged by cruise lines in the near-term, to assist with social distancing.  

As if I needed another reason not to cruise till there is vaccine/drugs 😀

12 hours ago, Mura said:

Quoting myself:

Mura

I just meant changing clothes, not putting on an evening gown.  Generally after a day of touring I want to get out of the "day" clothes.  As Lyn said, some do dress up but most people are casual.  Nicely casual!