Diamond Club Theory when we return

1 hour ago, spunks said:

How about this scenario.....all the cruise lines declare bankruptcy..... The courts stipulate as part of the reorganization that all loyalty programs are done away with.....the new reorganized lines start business again with no Penacles, Diamonds, Elites, Emeralds, Golds etc......everyone with a Blue card.....what would everyone think of that? This is more possible than one might imagine. If the CDC ban on cruising continues well into next year, The highly leverages cruise lines might have no option but to enter the bankruptcy process....

I personally would not know what to think....

Doug

I'd start over because I like the product 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elsie3939 said:

I've been wondering about keeping the 3 drinks during Happy Hour time on the Diamond's Sea Pass Card and having the Diamond (Plus) Lounge for D+ and Above.  That would eliminate 1/2 the folks in the Lounges for distancing but still allow Diamonds to get their free drinks at any bar.   Just mentally trying to solve Royal's crowding issue.

Prepare to be chastised 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spunks said:

How about this scenario.....all the cruise lines declare bankruptcy..... The courts stipulate as part of the reorganization that all loyalty programs are done away with.....the new reorganized lines start business again with no Penacles, Diamonds, Elites, Emeralds, Golds etc......everyone with a Blue card.....what would everyone think of that?

It wouldn't bother me as much as it would others.  RCI is the line on which I have the highest status, yet I haven't cruised them in 6 years.  In other words, loyalty perks are not a deciding factor for me when booking cruises.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, yogimax said:

I wish everyone would stop giving RCCL excuses to cut benefits.  Why even say "we'll miss it" and give the well paid corporate execs an excuse to cut our benefits and give themselves raises?  RCCL needs us more than we need RCCL.  They have to convince folks that they should come back to a floating hotel in an era of a virus that is contagious.  To do that, they need to ADD benefits, not reduce them!  Please be more positive and demanding!

I looked at the HAL board this morning since I have sailed that line.  HAL has some of the most loyal clientele I've ever seen.  Positivity to a "T" no matter what happens.   

Positivity really worked well for them when the woke up and saw their most beloved 4 ships had been sold and their cruises were pffft.  It's all about the bottom line in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I love it when the D+ kick out the Diamonds and are the first to complain about getting kicked out of the CL. 😇

I have never thought D's should get kicked out of the DL and never never complained about the CL. There is enough complaining around here from the suite guests. We don't need more.😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never thought D's should get kicked out of the DL and never never complained about the CL. There is enough complaining around here from the suite guests. We don't need more.😉

I don't know, lots of D+ pretty vocal this year

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Prepare to be chastised 😉

Certainly wouldn't be the first (nor last) time.  Being kicked out of the CL/SL just gave me the incentive to cruise more... One more solo night and I'm IN!  

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, elsie3939 said:

Certainly wouldn't be the first (nor last) time.  Being kicked out of the CL/SL just gave me the incentive to cruise more... One more solo night and I'm IN!  

That's the spirit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Spambot 2.0🤔

Don't get it....to what end? 🤷‍♀️. Was he selling something besides trying to get subscribers?  I've never seen a loft suite on Symphony so was intrigued.  I must have missed something...  

12 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Don't get it....to what end? 🤷‍♀️. Was he selling something besides trying to get subscribers?  I've never seen a loft suite on Symphony so was intrigued.  I must have missed something...  

The person posted it like 10-15 times across many boards before CC stopped it. This is the second time.