Diamond Club Theory when we return

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

First stop the cuts and stop lying by saying they are "enhancing our experience" when giving us a cup of coffee  in return for eliminating the CL experience.  Be honest!

I've had at least a dozen cruises as D+ where I was banned from the CL yet in all those cruises the expanded DL has worked out quite well.  From Radiance, Vision, Voyager, Oasis and Quantum class I've experienced the "enhanced"  offerings which were fine by me and with an open mind I quite enjoyed them.  Sure beats a packed DL without the enhancements.  

However if you keep hoping they would stop doing the enhanced version I'm sure that can be arranged.  I'm not sure you'll like that either so be careful what you wish for.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not sure those ports will be safe for some time. 

That’s why I did some L&S to later 2021 & two cruises I cancelled outright, they were refundable deposits. If I feel cruising is somewhat safe I can always book, no worry about airline tickets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zekekelso said:

I just got this email from RCL

Subject: Program Enhancements. You Spoke, We Listened

As you know, we are constantly seeking feedback from our members, either submitted directly to us or posted on social media. One thing that has become clear is that many of our most valued cruisers feel left out, as the "next level" seems out of reach. The see too large a gap between status rungs.

Therefore, as part of our constant effort to improve the program, we are changing the requirement for D+ to be 500 points. To those of you just short of 500, get out there and get cruising 🙂

So now from D (80 points) to D+ (500 points) then only 200 points to P, what improvement is that?

• Diamond. Cruise Points: 80.
  • Diamond. Plus. Cruise Points: 175.
  • Pinnacle. Club. Cruise Points: 700.
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No offense, I was thinking of poor @Oxo, you probably got his hopes up🤣🤣

You must have enjoyed my analysis. I have learned over the past month we can always count on you.

I do enough CRUISING and business to know better. I see where you can buy an RCI ship very cheap,  too. You should be able to get a good deal on one,  interested?  LOL

41 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not sure those ports will be safe for some time. 

Though possibly safer than Galveston of LA or Miami or .... just realizing how big an overlap there is between hardest hit cities and cruise ports. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Port Canaveral don’t seem to have resorted to unrest. Florida hasn’t mentioned defunding the police. 

The location of Baltimore and Cape Liberty ports are pretty safe as far as riots and police defunding goes.  NY borough ports may be a different story though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Are they really in worse shape [virus wise] than any other US port?

Of course not. Any suggestion otherwise is pure playfulness for some seeking free entertainment.  

After all, its pretty easy to avoid high crime neighborhoods vs crowds of infected people refusing to stay home, social distance or wear masks. 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Of course not. Any suggestion otherwise is pure playfulness for some seeking free entertainment.  

After all, its pretty easy to avoid high crime neighborhoods vs crowds of infected people refusing to stay home, social distance or wear masks. 😀

If you really want to be safe, go here.

Screenshot_20200628-191210_Maps.thumb.jpg.40eaa5c3cf4753198d1925f7a26e95e4.jpg

• Haha 2

On 7/10/2020 at 7:49 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Would you go to the Diamond Club if they didn’t serve alcohol?

M8

Actually, I do!  I enjoy the people I meet there. I have a soft drink, no alcohol, for medical reasons.  (My DH does, however, have a "real" drink.)

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, yogimax said:

If you have the time and money!

It's a choice I guess

Planned for the funds, and now have the time

But to tell the truth, we'll probably slow down, kind of burned out

But I really don't get all the jealously pointed at FL residents

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's a choice I guess

Planned for the funds, and now have the time

But to tell the truth, we'll probably slow down, kind of burned out

Florida residents have so many options. They can cruise from Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa & Port Canaveral. They have so many choices of what cruise lines to choose & then so many ships to pick. They can get best deals because they can book closer to sailing dates, no worries about flying, finding a hotel night before. Would love those choices but would never move to Florida, too hot & humid. Granted probably much cheaper to live there then the northeast. Our cost of living is much higher. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

John, all I have to do to stir up envy is look at a picture of your balcony with the amazing view of the Atlantic !  Galveston just doesn't do it for me. South Padre is some better. Parts of Texas are just NON-scenic.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

John, all I have to do to stir up envy is look at a picture of your balcony with the amazing view of the Atlantic !  Galveston just doesn't do it for me. South Padre is some better. Parts of Texas are just NON-scenic.

Probably a bad choice of words. Maybe sour grapes would be better.

I won't be posting many balcony pics anymore. Got one deleted today, so I'm done. 

You'll have to visit us in Floataway Lounge to keep up

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Wasn't Royal abandoning Ft Lauderdale of O Class in sring 21

Allure is there for the winter of 2022. Oasis is there this winter of 2021... if there is a winter sailing season.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Florida residents have so many options. They can cruise from Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa & Port Canaveral. They have so many choices of what cruise lines to choose & then so many ships to pick. They can get best deals because they can book closer to sailing dates, no worries about flying, finding a hotel night before. Would love those choices but would never move to Florida, too hot & humid. Granted probably much cheaper to live there then the northeast. Our cost of living is much higher. 

Weather is no to so bad, some say a benefit. But AC and ocean breezes makes it bearable.

Moving here was a long drawn out endeavor, partially planned due to cruising.

I'm from Indiana, Laura from Connecticut. But we met in Missouri and slowly moved south with one temporary glitch to head back North (well, if you consider VA north 😉 )

But you are falling for the 'all they do is sail from Florida' falacy

We fly all the time to sail, just not domestically, because for the most part, the ships are here.

be safe, mask up, wash your hands

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Weather is no to so bad, some say a benefit. But AC and ocean breezes makes it bearable.

Moving here was a long drawn out endeavor, partially planned due to cruising.

I'm from Indiana, Laura from Connecticut. But we met in Missouri and slowly moved south with one temporary glitch to head back North (well, if you consider VA north 😉 )

But you are falling for the 'all they do is sail from Florida' falacy

We fly all the time to sail, just not domestically, because for the most part, the ships are here.

be safe, mask up, wash your hands

Stay safe & healthy. Hope we get back to cruising soon. 

You too, be safe, mask up, wash your hands

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Nope, not jealousy.... simply the facts.

You might be an exception, but it is simply factual that it is easier and less costly to cruise from Florida when you live there.  Do you also remember when they did the conversion from number of cruises to cruise nights.  A three or four night cruise was converted to seven points,  Well guess who was on all those three and four night cruises?

Voila, instant Pinnacles and near Pinnacles.