Who gets to keep their cabin when...

diamondintn

What are the total number of cabins on the Reflection? How many Balconies and Suites are on the Reflection?

How many Oceanview and Inside Cabins are on the Reflection?

What is the 50% magic number for booking a cruise. 

Edited by cruise47

5 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

What are the total number of cabins on the Reflection? How many Balconies and Suites are on the Reflection?

What are the total number of cabins on the Reflection?  1,523

How many Balconies (2D ,2C ,2B. 2A, 1C.1B, 1A, C3, C2. C1. A2 , A1, SV & FV) 1,188

Suites  (Reflection, Penthouse, Royal, Signature, Celebrity, Sky) 111

Ocean View (7 & 8 ) 70

Insides (12, 11, 10 &9) 154

CEL-Reflection-FactSheet-MICE.pdf

16 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

There are 1523 cabins on Reflection. You can get an answer to your specific question if you get a deck plan and count. 

• Like 1

I almost choked when C Dragon said his source of information was the national news!   There is no reason to assume that those over 60 will be the first in line for the vaccine, especially if heard on the news.   First responders and essential workers will certainly come before the older population if they are not essential workers.

12 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I almost choked when C Dragon said his source of information was the national news!   There is no reason to assume that those over 60 will be the first in line for the vaccine, especially if heard on the news.   First responders and essential workers will certainly come before the older population if they are not essential workers.

@C-Dragons doesn't say that those over sixty would be first in line. Rather, he said that they would be part of the first group along with Medical personnel and first responders.

As the Covid-19 mortality rate for those over 60 is significantly higher than for younger people, and as they require the deployment of a greater amount of sometimes limited medical resources, most discussions of priorities include consideration of those over 60. On the other hand, their inclusion is by no means a certainty; the disproportionate toll on the elderly could give them priority, except they often have the weakest response to vaccines. In any event, do we even know who in the US would be responsible for making the decision on assigning priorities?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Yes of course.  I did not mean only suites.  I meant all suites would still be onboard, and then however many other cabins they needed.

I know what you meant and sorry if my short answer was not helpful but I was trying to make the following point.  I think that cruise ships' bread and butter income comes from the vast majority of the non-suite cabins and passengers on board.  That is all that I was trying to say.  So filling all the suites up front I do not think has a tremendous impact on the bottom line like filling all cabins with 50% capacity or whatever the final number will be.  And not sure why suites would not follow the same rules and only be at 50% capacity.  It comes down to how it is calculated and we do not know yet.  Will capacity be 50% of passengers by cabin category? or for the entire ship as a whole?  I think perhaps by category for maximum distancing effect.  For example- every other balcony cabin.   But all complete speculation.

15 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

There is no reason to assume that "the vaccine" will ever exist.

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

In any event, do we even know who in the US would be responsible for making the decision on assigning priorities?

Like testing I guess it will be wealthy celebrities and professional athletes first.

On the national news last night, their "expert" said that the first to get the vaccine would be the first responders and the high risk people such as the elderly and people with certain preconditions. I don't think cruisers qualify if they don't meet the above listed priorities.

• Like 1

OK, well I tend to agree with Planning mom on this one. Maybe because I REALLY want to cruise. This trip is for hubby's retirement. That being said, he's thinking about working another year  to make up for 401k covid issues. We will still cruise in April if Reflection sails, we will just call it "vacation" instead of retirement cruise. I booked it when they were offering $25 PP deposit so if disaster does strike, I'm out $50 bucks. When final payment comes due in January, we will revisit this issue.  I will not book any  hotels or excursions that require a deposit until we get those luggage tags!  

7 hours ago, diamondintn said:

OK, well I tend to agree with Planning mom on this one. Maybe because I REALLY want to cruise. This trip is for hubby's retirement. That being said, he's thinking about working another year  to make up for 401k covid issues. We will still cruise in April if Reflection sails, we will just call it "vacation" instead of retirement cruise. I booked it when they were offering $25 PP deposit so if disaster does strike, I'm out $50 bucks. When final payment comes due in January, we will revisit this issue.  I will not book any  hotels or excursions that require a deposit until we get those luggage tags!  

In April, we got our luggage tags for a cruise scheduled to leave April 30. The only problem was the cruise line cancelled the cruise the middle of March. Not a big surprise.