CL/SL future when cruising returns.

11 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I'm sure you know the answer 'ole'

friend. 

We both know the answer. If we don't know now, we will never know. 

Well then, respect is earned in my book, not given due to being born decades before me.

Stay safe

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well then, respect is earned in my book, not given due to being born decades before me.

Stay safe

Well we both agree. FYI - SORRY,  I have no idea of how 'ole' you are and why would it matter if we are of a different age/decade?

We are not in one of the lounges and meeting for the first time. LOL

Thanks for the:

Stay Safe,  I really do appreciate it!

If only everyone practiced it,  we would be CRUISING today. 

Stay Safe to you and your family, including your dog as we have one, too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Did someone say Spam?? Love me some fried spam with mustard!!

To ensure we  all know what spam is, as it does have various meanings in todays day and age.

Spam is a brand of canned cooked pork made by Hormel Foods Corporation. It was introduced by Hormel in 1937 and gained popularity worldwide after its use during World War II. By 2003, Spam was sold in 41 countries on six continents and trademarked in over 100 countries. 

12 hours ago, Oxo said:

To ensure we  all know what spam is, as it does have various meanings in todays day and age.

Spam is a brand of canned cooked pork made by Hormel Foods Corporation. It was introduced by Hormel in 1937 and gained popularity worldwide after its use during World War II. By 2003, Spam was sold in 41 countries on six continents and trademarked in over 100 countries. 

Where did the term spam come from in relation to emails.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Too many D+ 

Suite Lounge is a premium experience that I pay for (I am D+) and shouldn't be over crowded !

RCL don't want to upset Pins or Suite guests and if the SL is overcrowded they might just close the SL when cruising returns and just give Suite guests a Drink Package.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

RCL don't want to upset Pins or Suite guests and if the SL is overcrowded they might just close the SL when cruising returns and just give Suite guests a Drink Package.

What about the CK?  I do believe proper social distancing could be obtained in the SL if it were just for Suites. 

M8

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They shouldn't upset those of us who pay that kind of $$$ for a more premium experience!!!  It gets full enough as it is - I can only imagine if they let D+ in there as well.  

And to expand on your post - I don't believe they will make any adjustments to the on board experience because they won't have to.  I don't see the CDC allowing ships to sail from USA until the virus is gone/vaccine.  They can come up with a plan that has social distancing, masks, etc but it won't be good enough to keep virus off ships - CDC not messing around.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Where did the term spam come from in relation to emails.

One explanation..."The real origin of the term comes from a 1970 Monty Python’s Flying Circus skit.  In this skit, all the restaurant’s menu items devolve into SPAM.  When the waitress repeats the word SPAM, a group of Vikings in the corner sing “SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, lovely SPAM!  Wonderful SPAM!”, drowning out other conversation, until they are finally told to shut it."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

They shouldn't upset those of us who pay that kind of $$$ for a more premium experience!!!  It gets full enough as it is - I can only imagine if they let D+ in there as well.  

And to expand on your post - I don't believe they will make any adjustments to the on board experience because they won't have to.  I don't see the CDC allowing ships to sail from USA until the virus is gone/vaccine.  They can come up with a plan that has social distancing, masks, etc but it won't be good enough to keep virus off ships - CDC not messing around.  

With the exception of Oasis class the other ships Suites are not as premium priced and Vision, Radiance,Voyager and Freedom class have all had CLs with D+ access allowed which is right because lots of people spent $$$$ to make D+ with the carrot of CL access if they stuck with Royal rather than sailing other cruiselines.

If cruiselines have to wait that long  for a vaccine they will all have gone bust.

There comes a point just like when bars,shops, restaurants, sports stadiums etc have been allowed to open that a solution will be found to allow cruising again.

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

"I'm strong to the finish, 'cause I eats me spinach". Cooked with garlic, bacon with balsamic vinegar drizzled over it. Yum! 

Mmmm...now you're talkin'   😋  I love it in eggs too.   Side of grits please.  😄 

18 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Did someone say Spam?? Love me some fried spam with mustard!!

I have memories of my Dad cooking it up over the camp grill with eggs in the morning...which is about the only time he ever cooked...but it was good!  Of course I loved his "Fluffer Nutter" sandwiches too...great camp staple.  

For those that are too young to remember.  That ooey gooey, oh so bad for you, jar of marshmallow fluff.... big scoop mixed with peanut butter and put between two slices of Wonder Bread.  Oh yeah baby!  😄

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Oxo said:

And still going strong with huge sales in Hawaii.  😉 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What about the CK?  I do believe proper social distancing could be obtained in the SL if it were just for Suites. 

M8

Oasis is an exception with CK but even if all the Suite guests wanted to go into the SL or CK they would still not be able to accommodate everyone.

Edited by grapau27

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

With the exception of Oasis class the other ships Suites are not as premium priced and Vision, Radiance,Voyager and Freedom class have all had CLs with D+ access allowed which is right because lots of people spent $$$$ to make D+ with the carrot of CL access if they stuck with Royal rather than sailing other cruiselines.

If cruiselines have to wait that long  for a vaccine they will all have gone bust.

There comes a point just like when bars,shops, restaurants, sports stadiums etc have been allowed to open that a solution will be found to allow cruising again.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Oasis is an exception with CK but even if all the Suite guests wanted to go into the SL or CK they would still not be able to accommodate everyone.

Oasis is not the only class with premium priced cabins or Coastal Kitchen.  You are missing a whole class of ships.  Quantum class has Royal Suite Class as well.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

One explanation..."The real origin of the term comes from a 1970 Monty Python’s Flying Circus skit.  In this skit, all the restaurant’s menu items devolve into SPAM.  When the waitress repeats the word SPAM, a group of Vikings in the corner sing “SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, lovely SPAM!  Wonderful SPAM!”, drowning out other conversation, until they are finally told to shut it."

Here ya go.  This is a good explanation of how the term Spam for emails came up.  And indeed Monty Python came up with it.  Thought it was funny how Hormel ended up getting with it in the end.  

Sorry Graham...you know I just had to do it...though I am sure you remember me posting this.  😉  

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We need a solution! How about rotating time schedules based on dining schedules? 

Or, based on cabin number odd/even?

Suggestions?