If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

22 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I know two people in New Jersey getting vaccinated this afternoon that are considered health care workers. On teaches  students online at a community college and some online students are nursing students. The other is working at home and does data analysis for a pharma company. Why should they get a shot before an 80 year old or a 70 year old? They are not front line. Seems to me that they found a work around to skip ahead of their turn.......

Careful Chuck, we are liable to agree on something for the first time if you start using logic.🤣

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Why should they get a shot before an 80 year old or a 70 year old? They are not front line.

The priority tiers are very muddied. I could find several reasons why you'd vaccinate someone younger before someone older. I could also find several reasons for the opposite.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I know two people in New Jersey getting vaccinated this afternoon that are considered health care workers. On teaches  students online at a community college and some online students are nursing students. The other is working at home and does data analysis for a pharma company. Why should they get a shot before an 80 year old or a 70 year old? They are not front line. Seems to me that they found a work around to skip ahead of their turn.......

My point was quite clear,  Front line workers must be a priority to get the vaccination.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

My point was quite clear,  Front line workers must be a priority to get the vaccination.

I know you are clear. It gets me that some have no shame. They are working what appears to be a loophole (I don't know anything about NJ priorities). They are not front line anything.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I know you are clear. It gets me that some have no shame. They are working what appears to be a loophole (I don't know anything about NJ priorities). They are not front line anything.  

Are there front line workers that didn't get vaccinated because these people did?  Or would these doses have been thrown away because no "priority" people were available in that time window to get the vaccine?

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

The problem is manyfold.  Neither you nor I actually know these people and what they are doing.  While their substantive post may be as described they equally may be due to the pandemic be having to for a period of time be taking on another a different role which could be frontline.

I for one know many people who are moving to a role to do the vaccinations.  Many of them are normally employed as educators of health care professionals.  They system should easily be able to weed out anyone who is not entitled.

There is another issue however with some of the vaccines.   They don't "keep".  Once defrosted they can't be refrozen.  If some don't attend for their vaccines there may very well be doses left at the end of the day.  These need to be given and not wasted.  They may not always be given to someone who would normally be considered first priority.

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

After trying for hours in other counties, I lucked into vaccination appointments at Publix in Collier County this morning.  We are beyond thrilled.  I was checking NBC-2 for the Lee County phone number to call at noon and stumbled onto the article about doses being released to Publix.  Feel like we won the lottery!

Congrats - tried over here in Volusia but they were all taken.  Wonder how many they are getting in each store?

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Congrats - tried over here in Volusia but they were all taken.  Wonder how many they are getting in each store?

I found it accidentally, apparently the article had just been added at NBC-2.  I went back and counted the total number of stores that are on the list - 105.  Appointments were available for selection in one hour periods, then within that there were 2-3 specific times that were two minutes apart.  The appointment was for just one person, so I had to immediately attempt to get another appointment for my SO.  Mine is at 10:36 a.m., his is at 10:48.  His confirmation number was 257 numbers higher than mine, so I am guessing that 257 appointments were taken during the time it took to fill out the online form.  The days available were January 15 - 20; I chose the 20th because I thought most people would try for the earliest date, giving me a better chance.  And we are in the Manatee County standby pool, that gives us a few days to win the lottery for a shot closer to home.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I found it accidentally, apparently the article had just been added at NBC-2.  I went back and counted the total number of stores that are on the list - 105.  Appointments were available for selection in one hour periods, then within that there were 2-3 specific times that were two minutes apart.  The appointment was for just one person, so I had to immediately attempt to get another appointment for my SO.  Mine is at 10:36 a.m., his is at 10:48.  His confirmation number was 257 numbers higher than mine, so I am guessing that 257 appointments were taken during the time it took to fill out the online form.  The days available were January 15 - 20; I chose the 20th because I thought most people would try for the earliest date, giving me a better chance.  And we are in the Manatee County standby pool, that gives us a few days to win the lottery for a shot closer to home.

Didn't realize that you have to go to a Publix is a different county than the one that you live in  Guess there were none in your county?

Just now, molly361 said:

Didn't realize that you have to go to a Publix is a different county than the one that you live in  Guess there were none in your county?

No, there is no Publix listed yet in Manatee, all we have is the “standby pool”, where names are drawn in a lottery.  I managed to sign up within the first three minutes, but signup is constantly open and I believe there are now 85,000 people on the list.  I lived in Collier seventeen years and wouldn’t mind going back for a short visit.  We decided that up to 2.5 hours would be a reasonable drive for us, and have tried for appointments in five counties.  If by luck we get selected in Manatee before our Collier appointment on the 30th, I will call Collier to cancel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting "front line health care workers exposed to Covid 19 via their workplace" shouldn't get top priority with "nursing homes" as these two categories represent the highest % of those at risk by a wide margin.

What many (including myself) are "calling out" is the massive determinations of some governance for "essential workers" including municipal workers, teachers, etc. that are relatively risk free status (on a comparative basis to those of increased age and/or serious underlying conditions) to go ahead of the other phase categories.

Also, let's never forget the "prisoners."

Seriously, I could give a rats aft if a few here and there get a dose to preserve a vile from waste.

I do, however, totally object to the obscenity of establishing or elevating any group above nursing homes, their caregivers and front line health care workers exposed to Covid 19 via their workplace.

From that point, it should be AGE prioritized as the "death data" clearly depicts; was well as those with "serious underlying conditions" (and for that, I'll take a Doctor's determination, not a politician).

Also, while venting, it is so HYPOCRITICAL for so many state governance officials to be NOW implore that "essential workers are need to get the economy going again" when it was these SAME RATS AFTS that shut the economies down in the first place by, again and like with the vaccine, listening to the "science of the dogma" versus the facts on the ground data supported, and these same "essential workers" have continued to get their full paychecks for 9 going on 10 months (some of which who have never even left their homes).

Phew.

Edited by Formula280SS
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

The problem is manyfold.  Neither you nor I actually know these people and what they are doing.  While their substantive post may be as described they equally may be due to the pandemic be having to for a period of time be taking on another a different role which could be frontline.

I actually do know what the two people I mentioned are doing. They are working from home. They don't even go on walks, they don't think 6 ft distance is enough. They get everything delivered. 

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I actually do know what the two people I mentioned are doing. They are working from home. They don't even go on walks, they don't think 6 ft distance is enough. They get everything delivered. 

I dont work with many nurses, doctors, paramedics, MAs, receptionists or volunteers in health care who had the luxury of working solely from home and actually got the vaccine with 1A.  I couldn't do it personally.  But everyone is different.  At least they got vaccinated to protect themselves while they work at home. 

6 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting "front line health care workers exposed to Covid 19 via their workplace" shouldn't get top priority with "nursing homes" as these two categories represent the highest % of those at risk by a wide margin.

What many (including myself) are "calling out" is the massive determinations of some governance for "essential workers" including municipal workers, teachers, etc. that are relatively risk free status (on a comparative basis to those of increased age and/or serious underlying conditions) to go ahead of the other phase categories.

Seriously, I could give a rats aft if a few here and there get a dose to preserve a vile from waste.

I do, however, totally object to the obscenity of establishing or elevating any group above nursing homes, their caregivers and front line health care workers exposed to Covid 19 via their workplace.

From that point, it should be AGE prioritized as the "death data" clearly depicts; was well as those with "serious underlying conditions" (and for that, I'll take a Doctor's determination, not a politician).

Also, while venting, it is so HYPOCRITICAL for so many state governance officials to be NOW implore that "essential workers are need to get the economy going again" when it was these SAME RATS AFTS that shut the economies down in the first place by, again and like with the vaccine, listening to the "science of the dogma" versus the facts on the ground data supported, and these same "essential workers" have continued to get their full paychecks for 9 going on 10 months (some of which who have never even left their homes).

Phew.

You must feel terribly lonely living in NE... with your point of view.  You have jumped into my top 100 of all time posters.  Congratulations.  Friend!

jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Negative test required regardless of vaccine status for all international air passengers into the USA.  

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/12/world/covid-19-coronavirus#the-us-will-require-negative-virus-tests-from-international-passengers-arriving-by-air

Perhaps the cruise lines will follow similar requirements regardless of vaccine status?

Some quotes from the article.

“Before boarding their flights, all international passengers headed to the United States will first need to show proof of a negative coronavirus test, according to a new federal policy going into effect on Jan. 26.”

“The new policy requires all air passengers, regardless of vaccination status, to get a test for current infection within the three days before their flight to the United States departs, and to provide written documentation of their test results or proof of having recovered from Covid-19.

Proof of immunization will not be sufficient, because the vaccines have only been shown to prevent serious illness, said Jason McDonald, a spokesman for the C.D.C. Vaccinated people may still become infected, in theory, and transmit the virus on a flight.

The agency will not require further testing in the three months after a positive test, so long as the traveler has not had any symptoms. In this situation, a passenger may travel with documentation of the positive test result and a letter from a health care provider or a public health official stating that the traveler now has been cleared for travel.“

6 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Phew.

I am glad you got that out.  I love your rants!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Phew.

No idea why you felt the need to put your rather too long answer in response to my post.  Hope you feel better now.  I lost the will to live about a quarter of the way through it so no idea how it finished.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Advent Health here in Central Florida taking some heat from the media for prioritizing their own healthcare workers and family over 65. 

I must admit, I got my shot on the coattails of the boss. However, the next two days anyone could get the vaccine if they were willing to wait in line. Any badged employee/consultant could go to the front of the line with family on those two days.  I waited in line that second day for my mom to get vaccinated. 

M8

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Advent Health here in Central Florida taking some heat from the media for prioritizing their own healthcare workers and family over 65. 

I must admit, I got my shot on the coattails of the boss. However, the next two days anyone could get the vaccine if they were willing to wait in line. Any badged employee/consultant could go to the front of the line with family on those two days.  I waited in line that second day for my mom to get vaccinated. 

M8

were the family members over 65 that went to front of line?  

40 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

were the family members over 65 that went to front of line?  

I’m 65+. They gave vaccines on the Wednesday to badged Healthcare workers. They had been doing Healthcare workers since December. 

On Thursday, they opened up vaccines to Healthcare workers, First Responders, and family of badged healthcare 65+  I had to identify my badged boss for my vaccine. She was on a list and I had to show ID proving I was 65+. There was no line. It was walk right in. I barely had time to complete the online release before I got my injection. The longest wait was the 15 minute required hold after the shot. I know people who tried to get vaccinated that day but were turned away.  They were 65+. 

Friday, was completely different. This is this day I took my mom.  Basically, the line seemed to be open to anyone. I didn’t see any ID’s checked. We were there before they opened at 0730 and a long line was already there. Badged healthcare workers (and family) along with First Responders, were allowed to the front of the line. It’s my understanding, and as explained to those waiting in line, these people were allowed to the front so they could go back to work. Most were in uniform. I had no issue with this. I suppose if the boss met us there she could have got us to the front for mom but I didn’t mind waiting in line for her like the others. There was no urgent need for us to go to the front. They shut down the line at 1430. All in line at that time got their vaccine. 

I believe Saturday was the same. Our Advent Health in Daytona have been giving out the second dose now. It seems Advent is centralizing the vaccines now at the Orlando Airport (MCO/ORL) by appointment only. Maybe they will offer again at our facility here for 1st dose. My mom and I both have a date to return for our 2nd dose providing the new administration doesn’t change the protocols. 

I found out the details from the boss who got a text from Advent indicating the vaccine availability. She said go, and I did. I never saw a general public notice that vaccines were being offered. My friends that got the vaccine of Friday/Saturday heard it from me. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

My mom is in her mid 90's, has a heart condition, lives independently   and still can't get a shot in NJ!  Rightly so, NJ  is apparently still vaccinating front line workers and first responders. 

So frustrating that those in other states, 30 years younger and in good health can get vaccinated.  She basically has  not left her house except for Dr.  appts. since March. 

But - to answer the original question,  Yes - I will get vaccinated when  available to me, regardless if I intend to sail again.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

The equation is this.  If the health care worker doesn't get the vaccine before the 80 year old and then gets covid and is off work for 2 weeks how many suffer because they can't be cared for.  Multiply that by many times and there lies the problem.

Bad math Dingleberry.  When you vaccinate the older folks, hospitalization rates drop significantly.   This was Not Enough Cruising's point and she/her/him/he is spot on.  Anyways, a lot of RNs don't want these first two vaccines anyways 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Bad math Dingleberry.  When you vaccinate the older folks, hospitalization rates drop significantly.   This was Not Enough Cruising's point and she/her/him/he is spot on.  Anyways, a lot of RNs don't want these first two vaccines anyways 

No idea what you are talking about.  You post does not make sense.  Of course if you vaccinate older people the figures drop.  I never said it didn't.  My point remains that you also have to vaccinate those staff who are in hospital because if you don't then you run the risk of not having staff.

Your claim of "always a lot of nurses" don't want the vaccine needs proof and a defination of "always" and "a lot"

• Like 1