Waiting for Cancellation!!!!!!!

mduffy1834

11 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Or, that 125% could completely cover the cost of a cabin previously booked in a higher category. Works for me. Imo, it's not a shell game, it's more like playing chess. 😎

Yes that is a good way to look at it.  The strategy of chess (perhaps with a wee bit of gambling?😀).  There is not a one-size fits all answer for sure.  Case by case evaluation is important.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Or, that 125% could completely cover the cost of a cabin previously booked in a higher category. Works for me. Imo, it's not a shell game, it's more like playing chess. 😎

BINGO! I applied the FCC from my cancelled Summit cruise that would have been returning tomorrow to my February 2021 Edge cruise (Hush, I'm thinking positively) and was able to bump up from an OV to A2 - and my balance due is like $1400 less than it would have been had I kept the OV and applied the FCC to a different cruise (don't want to deal with changing cabins on my B2B, so unless the Feb one gets cancelled and I get the initial FCC back and the FCC for the amount I paid different, no point in using it on that).

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Yes that is a good way to look at it.  The strategy of chess (perhaps with a wee bit of gambling?😀).  There is not a one-size fits all answer for sure.  Case by case evaluation is important.

Of course.

(Say hi to Lena and give her a hug for me) 😊

21 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Of course.

(Say hi to Lena and give her a hug for me) 😊

Thank you! Lena is happy because she was finally able to be groomed.  She had a mop of thick curly tangled matted hair since March (Wheaten's don't shed and they have hair not fur).  Really uncomfortable when the temp has been in the 90's here with high humidity for all of July!

On 7/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, yorky said:

We look at the lift and shift as only taking the risk of losing our deposit of £300 maximum, even if the cruise lines go bust

You shouldn’t even loose your deposit, as Gov.UK now have an advisory against cruising, so you can claim on your Travel Insurance. We got our £280 back ( excess was £10p.p) 

27 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Thank you! Lena is happy because she was finally able to be groomed.  She had a mop of thick curly tangled matted hair since March (Wheaten's don't shed and they have hair not fur).  Really uncomfortable when the temp has been in the 90's here with high humidity for all of July!

I understand completely. Our Norwich Terrier, Monty, has been in the same situation. But I did purchase the recommended grooming scissors and have tried my best to keep the mats to a minimum. Hoping he will get a “professional” grooming soon.

22 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

I understand completely. Our Norwich Terrier, Monty, has been in the same situation. But I did purchase the recommended grooming scissors and have tried my best to keep the mats to a minimum. Hoping he will get a “professional” grooming soon.

We ordered the scissors grooming kit on Amazon and it helped but she looked like a patchwork quilt!  We were not too good at it!😁

• Haha 1

Speaking of final payments:  I'll be using FCC (Sillie March 2020) to make final next week on a Nov. 6 cruise on Equinox.   I'm sure it will be cancelled.  Since that FCC is part of the 125% they gave me on Sillie, may I assume they'll give me just 100% if they cancel again.  No way they'll boost FCC that's already been boosted, correct?

46 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We ordered the scissors grooming kit on Amazon and it helped but she looked like a patchwork quilt!  We were not too good at it!😁

Same here. I guess I have no future as a dog groomer. 😊

Where2next10.......................are you able to lift & shift to next year?  We did this for our Odyssey cruise that was scheduled for 1/23/21 - now it is 1/23/22.  Was super easy to do, and I got a better room and saved a whopping $20pp.  

We have nothing to lift and shift to either.  We are on Solstice first week of December from Sydney, Australia,for South Pacific but Canadians have travel advisory for non-essential travel anywhere and are not to cruise until "further notice". 

Australian tourism has been rumoured to be locked down for nationals only for quite some time and depending how things go a possible bubble with New Zealand or other close Pacific Island nations.  At the moment residents of some Australian states are banned from travel to each other.  Potentially if we were allowed to fly into Australia (which we are not at the moment) a connecting flight to another city in another state must be within an 8 hour layover or the traveller must stay in state sponsored isolation between 8 and 72 hours before the return to the airport to board the connecting flight.  My understanding is also a 14 day quarantine upon arrival.  So if you were flying into Sydney to pick up a cruise out of Melbourne or Brisbane, Perth or other ports or any mix of these the additional time and costs could be prohibitive.   Then there is the rumour that Australian cruising will not commence for some time and speculation that early days will not allow foreign nationals so that lets many of us out.  Cruise and TA staff say "well they don't know; it could start up again"  We all hope so but how much time is required to get the ships upgraded, the staff back from all over the world, retrained and compliant with multiple governments' health and safety rules and a confident cruising public.  Offering to allow us to cancel up to 48 hours pre-sale is great if you live up the street but not have way round the world.

You would think the cruise lines could come up with a policy for cancel/refund or lift and shift for foreign nationals; ie North Americans and Europeans departing from Australia, New Zealand or Asia; Australians, Kiwis and Europeans departing from North American ports, etc.  Many cannot get insurance and most cannot even get to the port to cruise, never mind those who are waiting for safety protocols to determine when or where they will be comfortably able to travel.  It appears once cruising starts most will be more domestic clientele to try to keep the industry viable and until international cruisers are convinced travelling long distances for long haul cruises can be safer.   Beginning to have more respect for those lines who cancelled early and further out.  In the meantime, continuing to make final payments for cruises we know will not sale have to end sometime especially while we are still awaiting refunds from the spring!

1 hour ago, lizinvan said:

Beginning to have more respect for those lines who cancelled early and further out.

IMO Celebrity/ RCL are the only company who have not done this, therefore they are loosing my respect.

How would RCL/Celebrity know how/when you are traveling to the port.    Some passengers spend the summer in Europe and use the transatlantic to travel back to the U.S.   If your travel to the port is not booked through Celebrity they don’t know how long you have been in the area.    If I was spending the summer in Italy or Greece, I would not like my cruise cancelled because of the passport I held.    Passengers should take the responsibility of cancelling their cruises if they are not permitted to travel.   Same holds true if you are “advised” not to travel by your country or physician.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:09 AM, Where2next10 said:

mduffy1834 Thanks, but I would prefer not to lift and shift to 2021 if I don't have to, My reason is I am concerned cruising will not go back to normal by that time. But maybe in 2022. However, 2022 is just too far off for me to think about since I will also get burned by Royal Caribbean where I am booked on an Austria/New Zealand cruise for March 2021 with close to $1,000 prepaid. As I am a US citizen, I doubt I will be allowed entry into those two countries if Covid isn't brought under control before our final payment is due on December 1, 2020. 

Some lines have shifted the final payment closer to the sailing date and think cruisers appreciate that.  At least it allows more time to keep funds in your own account while you watch news unfold at your destination and at home and see if the cruise line may cancel within the shorter window.   That is a little more palatable for most.  There is talk of regulating refunds and cancellations which may create some uniformity and less confusion.  Best of luck:)  

Although I haven’t yet been officially notified by my TA, it appears as if this cruise has been cancelled.  It no longer shows on the Celebrity website, and it is also missing from another website I use to check cabin availability.  125% FCC here I come. Now, if only my Apex B2B For March 2021 doesn’t get cancelled, I’ll be in great shape.  

2 hours ago, MACruisers said:

Although I haven’t yet been officially notified by my TA, it appears as if this cruise has been cancelled.  It no longer shows on the Celebrity website, and it is also missing from another website I use to check cabin availability.  125% FCC here I come. Now, if only my Apex B2B For March 2021 doesn’t get cancelled, I’ll be in great shape.  

Rumor has it an announcement is coming Monday.  
We have just over 5K in FCCs and 7 bookings.  The next is for Dec, 5 night if the ship is not headed to Florida we will cancel before final payment.  Just like we will do the same with our February  cruise.  Since we can only use 1 FCC per cruise I don’t need more FCCs  piling up and I’m not making final payments and waiting 3 months for a refund.