The Daily for Monday Jul 27, 2020

richwmn

51 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

The Tattoo is on my list of must do’s. Hope to get there sometime in the next few years. 

You can order tickets in December for the upcoming August Homecoming. Splurge and get the premier seating. All the pipers, drummers, and dancers come straight at you. You face the Castle and at the end the lone piper plays Amazing Grace on top of the parapet of the castle. Then fireworks and a quick exit.

• Like 3

Thanks for the report, Rich. I've always like the bagpipes, but scotch, no so much. I'll stick to my cider. And wine. Love the quote, even though I don't actually borrow money. Maybe the quote is why my kids keep coming for loans. LOL (actually, they usually pay me back quickly. )  Grilled salmon sounds delicious, but is another one of those things I get on a cruise because DH is not a fan. 

Stay safe @summer slope and all those in the paths of various storms and hurricanes.

@puppycanducruisewe didn't get any rain at all. Not last night, not this afternoon. I was hoping for tonight, but now the forecast is Wednesday. My poor grass is spotted brown, and the water here is $$$$ so I don't water. It will revive itself when the rain finally happens. We've been on heat warning for a few days now.  😞 

9 hours ago, ger_77 said:

It's going to be a hot week here on the "frozen tundra",

Oh, Gerry! That means we have to wait for a break in the weather. We tend to get the weather from the prairies a I couple of days later. Ugh. Well, at least the pool is getting used!

@TiogaCruiser congratulations on your upcoming retirement! Enjoy the last days, and let us know when it is official!

I did some online Christmas shopping today. So excited to get things that a) I always buy anyway and 2) is on the one DS gift list at Summer savings!

I love all the things that everyone contributes to the thread! Please stay well, mask up and be safe!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Made it home. Exhausted but safe. Home is fine but in 30 days the weeds grew almost waist high. 

Thanks Rich and everyone. 

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Seems like you had a nice trip, although less trailers than in past years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Seems like you had a nice trip, although less trailers than in past years.

About 70 percent less trailers and no group events. But also got good family visits and saw some old friends before the event. It was good to go but looking forward to when the virus makes life easier and more fun. 

• Like 1

I don't have any sunrise pictures like Roy, but I do have a few sunset pictures.  This one is leaving Bar Harbor in 2009.   

dOxg0ARLNpxH6hBjyS3LRQFDJtAg38s_LUfFDEf_tWzMbQoqFppqOYGJkDAcS-6WRhDFt8rr2HRN-fyTxHZNig1BOq8KGj_8xzlKMDPt_Y9jap1827ryxP2HnKa6CXAghnD7-jJNSS8vz-0ERmZBMmQCAYFir-sfeAK3RL1epur3tMfSnMjqGK-IfongrXNf6LpdDUo9gOZN8iRq0jup0eCIc3kegb_ryLh6B-r72-U0hldabfKxszJIaygcAzSQ4Vm-i_blRR0xL2OkBhI8pPiNzdKXKmIwl7YQS83ZgpBIlnG-eF11XEHkVaHD0W6Pyy9ABRPkuWZm7ZiUS0QfoYh0BnNT4aN6Lq4AigExbW3COxBP915vDDrwEPBCAVqPOyFwzvO7xoD7tw8p7REX9cpTpgQxpT8Pry0bgiNlnYnrxjgX2Pu6S_XpSS3N2JtpgfFG2MdBxhWdnNGyuf6Ic3GeaDRNFanW4yW3ZoxHAAURiJmFub1PEopNeF8lCOvL1m2YBuOLIBm_2wfn5jFyh0gtC2Av8GuHMMhYhpVSV5B-YG2NG7FoqGUmh4XJkzyxWA_rHyi-30U6pAI9IR1NDUqg3s6eCgeYhE2IzDCO86QMiH7gHXR9jc1rNY8h_3N-RUf1qHl7hikVBKk3xr1i-vGMwqI_844cpEhHpjgMlC_VDS0mjbPxyWj7AYmy=w940-h625-no?authuser=0This was aboard the Maasdam doing the Historic Coast itinerary.  August 29 - September 5, 2009.  

Edited by dfish
add information
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I don't have any sunrise pictures like Roy, but I do have a few sunset pictures.  This one is leaving Bar Harbor in 2009.   

dOxg0ARLNpxH6hBjyS3LRQFDJtAg38s_LUfFDEf_tWzMbQoqFppqOYGJkDAcS-6WRhDFt8rr2HRN-fyTxHZNig1BOq8KGj_8xzlKMDPt_Y9jap1827ryxP2HnKa6CXAghnD7-jJNSS8vz-0ERmZBMmQCAYFir-sfeAK3RL1epur3tMfSnMjqGK-IfongrXNf6LpdDUo9gOZN8iRq0jup0eCIc3kegb_ryLh6B-r72-U0hldabfKxszJIaygcAzSQ4Vm-i_blRR0xL2OkBhI8pPiNzdKXKmIwl7YQS83ZgpBIlnG-eF11XEHkVaHD0W6Pyy9ABRPkuWZm7ZiUS0QfoYh0BnNT4aN6Lq4AigExbW3COxBP915vDDrwEPBCAVqPOyFwzvO7xoD7tw8p7REX9cpTpgQxpT8Pry0bgiNlnYnrxjgX2Pu6S_XpSS3N2JtpgfFG2MdBxhWdnNGyuf6Ic3GeaDRNFanW4yW3ZoxHAAURiJmFub1PEopNeF8lCOvL1m2YBuOLIBm_2wfn5jFyh0gtC2Av8GuHMMhYhpVSV5B-YG2NG7FoqGUmh4XJkzyxWA_rHyi-30U6pAI9IR1NDUqg3s6eCgeYhE2IzDCO86QMiH7gHXR9jc1rNY8h_3N-RUf1qHl7hikVBKk3xr1i-vGMwqI_844cpEhHpjgMlC_VDS0mjbPxyWj7AYmy=w940-h625-no?authuser=0This was aboard the Maasdam doing the Historic Coast itinerary.  August 29 - September 5, 2009.  

Stunning!

Denise😊

10 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Just a heads up, Koningsdam has now moved to a position just southeast of Fuerte Amador, Panama which is basically on the other side of the Pacific entrance way to the canal

Vesselfinder is showing her destination as Limassol, Cyprus.  Possible Furniture Removal Truck operation?  Also remove staff from the sold ships?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Vesselfinder is showing her destination as Limassol, Cyprus.  Possible Furniture Removal Truck operation?  Also remove staff from the sold ships?

That was short lived.  It now says Balboa.  In any case, it would seem far easier to use Nieuw Statendam, already in Europe, for that purpose.

Roy

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

That was short lived.  It now says Balboa.  In any case, it would seem far easier to use Nieuw Statendam, already in Europe, for that purpose.

Roy

I agree it makes more sense to use N.S. as HAL would have to pay for two Panama transits to get KDM back to the Mexican Riviera side for her cruises.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Debbie, we complement each other.  I love sunsets too but am usually either in the dining room or the theater when they happen.

Roy

And I'm usually still sleeping for sunrise!   I'm glad we are complementing each other.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

That would take too long, plus at least one old those four ships will soon be heading for Rotterdam in Holland for a one week long drydock. It will be her current crew taking her there as will be the crew of her sister, Amsterdam 

• Thanks 2